Query regarding Fae "random generation"

Started by Psaakyrn, June 01, 2009, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psaakyrn

For a "random generation", must the parent be fae, or can the "parent" be that of another species type (not limited to the DMFA realm)?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Corgatha Taldorthar

If the Fae just randomly turns an object into itself (Coffee for the example we know about) I don't see why a parent is necessary at all......

And asking for internally consistent sets of rules regarding Fae strikes me as an exercize in futility.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Netrogo

I'm just speculating here, but I assume should a fae let their spirit randomly regenerate then it'll go to another fae.

However I'm wondering if a fae can CHOOSE to have their soul go to a mortal parent.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 01, 2009, 11:02:58 AM
If the Fae just randomly turns an object into itself (Coffee for the example we know about) I don't see why a parent is necessary at all......

And asking for internally consistent sets of rules regarding Fae strikes me as an exercize in futility.

Not as futile as one might think: there's at least two hard rules that Fae cannot circumvent. ("Hollows" and magic-immune situations: Were)

kaskar

8) Does that mean that Jyrras could pop out wings soon, as per Mab's dauter per tea cup ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Azlan

Asking about the Fae is like questioning a typhoon on the price of tea in China.

I would seem to think that a Fae soul is rather incompatible with beings and creatures... like trying to install Adobe Photoshop Premier (for Windows) in AmigaOS.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Netrogo

Quote from: Azlan on June 01, 2009, 09:36:01 PM
like trying to install Adobe Photoshop Premier (for Windows) in AmigaOS.

*clears throat* Neeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrd!

inuhanyo

I'm not sure what the point of the question is, but a Fae isn't likely to "die" outside of their own realm, so it's pretty certain that a "random generation" will have a Fae for a "parent".

Since they can look like any entity they please, I don't see how it can be an issue.

kaskar

8) And now, enable the Fae spirits ...............................

(   And what happens if one ultra random Fae Esccence may brush upon a wandering lost Jyrrass  in the Kingdom ? )

Psaakyrn

Well, in terms of Jyrras, he technically has 2 creatures pop out of nowhere on him. (though deebs doesn't seem to exhibit any fae aspects as of yet, and we have not much information about the other)

Not to mention the non-canon period starting from http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_178.php ...

Sunblink

Honestly, since Fae have absolutely no real limitations, I'd say it doesn't really matter who gets a Fae-baby. That's just what I figure, though. As long as a Fae wants to do something, it will happen.

Oh god my inner RPer is SEETHING at the lack of weaknesses. :<

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 03, 2009, 11:39:52 AM
Well, in terms of Jyrras, he technically has 2 creatures pop out of nowhere on him. (though deebs doesn't seem to exhibit any fae aspects as of yet, and we have not much information about the other)

Not to mention the non-canon period starting from http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_178.php ...

I might just be feeling really pissy today (headaches!), but don't even try to link that comic to anything speculative. Everything that happened in that arc was pure nonsense and was reversed by the end. It was spontaneous baby-birth. It was funny. Deebs isn't the work of Fae-phenomenon. SHE'S MADE OF CHEWING GUM.

Netrogo

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 03, 2009, 02:45:12 PM
Deebs isn't the work of Fae-phenomenon. SHE'S MADE OF CHEWING GUM.

Actually didn't he get that little bit of magic he was toying with from Mab?

Also in regards to Deebs I'm wondering if she has a soul, and if that soul was created by the magic as well or yanked from somewhere.

Keleth

Quote from: Netrogo on June 03, 2009, 08:53:57 PM
Actually didn't he get that little bit of magic he was toying with from Mab?

Mabs is the source of all magic wut?!
Help! I'm gay!

kaskar

What I assume so far ... Correct me if I am wrong is ....

Queen Nutmeg, along with her husband Albanion, feel that it may be time for having a child soon...

Mab's parents feel like kicking the bucket one night, and it seems like Mab is caught with distribution of thier souls that evening.   ( Note: seems like Mab's fathers one is destioned to go to a "family friend" ).

Albanion has the status of "family friend", in exchange for putting some shiney bracelets on Jyrras, and how when he finds the time to do something, he will be ''soooo.... miserable

Mab wants the creature council to get off Jyrras's case ...

So there is a potential that Queen Nutmeg, with Albanion, could end up with a child called Jyrras, who is feeling a bit miserable ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Quote from: kaskar on June 06, 2009, 09:55:20 AM
What I assume so far ... Correct me if I am wrong is ....
Queen Nutmeg, along with her husband Albanion, feel that it may be time for having a child soon...
Mab's parents feel like kicking the bucket one night, and it seems like Mab is caught with distribution of thier souls that evening.   ( Note: seems like Mab's fathers one is destioned to go to a "family friend" ).
Albanion has the status of "family friend", in exchange for putting some shiney bracelets on Jyrras, and how when he finds the time to do something, he will be ''soooo.... miserable
Mab wants the creature council to get off Jyrras's case ...

So there is a potential that Queen Nutmeg, with Albanion, could end up with a child called Jyrras, who is feeling a bit miserable ...

Alright I've got to ask, how the hell did you suddenly get Nutmeg and Albanion having a child named Jyrras out of all that?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on June 06, 2009, 10:20:05 AM
Alright I've got to ask, how the hell did you suddenly get Nutmeg and Albanion having a child named Jyrras out of all that?
LSD.  It's the only explanation that fits all the facts.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 10:57:59 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on June 06, 2009, 10:20:05 AM

Mutmeg and Albanion having a child is straight out of the arc, it's them naming him Jyrras that's out of the blue.

Hmm, would knowing that there is a Fae named after him make Jyrras miserable?

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 10:57:59 AM

So it fits in with most of the theories we see around here.
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on June 06, 2009, 03:32:09 PM
No-one's forcing you to read them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netrogo

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 04:46:11 PM

I dunno Tape, there COULD be someone in the room with him. With a gun to his head. I mean it's possible all things considered...

kaskar

Does 1 being ( Jyrras ) + 1 fae soul ( Mab's father's ) = 1 Fae ( maybe Jyrras )

Netrogo

For one thing Kask, Mab had said that her father's soul was promised to a family friend. Jyrras isn't a friend of Mab's family, he's just a friend of Mab. Odds are pretty damn good that she was talking about that soul going to one of her Father and Mother's friends.

Like was what Albanion did had Absolutely. Completely. Totally. Utterly. Positively. NOTHING to do with the souls. It was Albanion marking Jyrras as being due for fae revenge, which means no other creature race will lay a finger on him for fear of Albanion obliterating them for it.

Likewise your little math problem is missing something. Jyrras ALREADY. HAS. A. FREAKING. SOUL.

If you could somehow put another soul into an already occupied host it'd be similar to a full glass of water. Put more water in and you just get a mess since there's no freaking room for it.

kaskar

Quote from: Netrogo on June 06, 2009, 07:35:30 PM
For one thing Kask, Mab had said that her father's soul was promised to a family friend. Jyrras isn't a friend of Mab's family, he's just a friend of Mab. Odds are pretty damn good that she was talking about that soul going to one of her Father and Mother's friends.

Like was what Albanion did had Absolutely. Completely. Totally. Utterly. Positively. NOTHING to do with the souls. It was Albanion marking Jyrras as being due for fae revenge, which means no other creature race will lay a finger on him for fear of Albanion obliterating them for it.

Likewise your little math problem is missing something. Jyrras ALREADY. HAS. A. FREAKING. SOUL.

If you could somehow put another soul into an already occupied host it'd be similar to a full glass of water. Put more water in and you just get a mess since there's no freaking room for it.

Nice math, and a good point. Ab was to get Mab's father's soul. While I know little of being soul extraction, (seems very common in the creature world),  I was just too caught up in Ab's idea to make Jyrras soooo miserable ...... Then again, sanity does go well when thinking about the fae ...

Keleth

Quote from: Netrogo on June 06, 2009, 06:33:34 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 04:46:11 PM

I dunno Tape, there COULD be someone in the room with him. With a gun to his head. I mean it's possible all things considered...

Now if you put the gun down we can have cake over all of this D:
Help! I'm gay!

Faerie Alex

It was my understanding that the "family friend" was Albanion (as per this), and that the other soul was still up for grabs. Doesn't get around Jyrras already having a soul, but it does mean there's a soul free.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Netrogo

Quote from: modelincard on June 06, 2009, 11:14:57 PM
It was my understanding that the "family friend" was Albanion (as per this), and that the other soul was still up for grabs. Doesn't get around Jyrras already having a soul, but it does mean there's a soul free.

Hmm good point, still no giving Kaskar ideas. He'll go running off on some bizarre thing where Jyrras ends up as a fae and creates some bizarre magical technology that obliterates some dimension and then asks us why he thinks this is happening.

e_voyager

reading this thread man my brain feel like it was locking up but like a trainwreck thong i didn't want to star i couldn't bear to look away. Seriously nutmeg and albion get a child they are happy and until albion co0me up with and annoying cure like making Jyrras's hair go rainbow every time he has a crush on someone they are probably going to be out of the story. Still now that i think about it i would like to see how the Happy parents are doing with their new child. I bet they have them in a rainbow color nursery and everything. now were was i before exhaustion made my mind wonder? Ah yes  Jyrras's kids as they were.  they are the byproducts  of the magic and kinetic energy that influenced him when he popped that bubble while chewing gum and examining the (pure) magic energy molecule( for lack of a better term). The magic infused with with a latent energy that will when triggered under the right circumstances  allow his creation to come to life. weather he wants them to or now.  now this formite is shutting down for the night good night and rest well
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

inuhanyo

Quote from: modelincard on June 06, 2009, 11:14:57 PM

Oh, I think Mab already placed it.

Tiger_T

Okay, the way I see the initial question is this:

We've seen how Mab's daughter came into being. (pun not intended)
A random object transformed into a baby.
Could the same happen to a living person?
like: One minute you're happily walking along - The next minute *kerflump* your matter is used to generate a fae-baby.
I'd say this'd destroy or at least displace your soul in the process...
But my guess would be that a fae would likely be "born" in the fae realm and not somewhere on furrae.
Also I ween that fate would kind of prevent the use of already 'occupied' matter for such a process.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK