What if? A game of hopefully boredom crushing possibilities.

Started by Netrogo, May 18, 2009, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

They could be. We don't know what colours actually look like. After all, it is impossible to describe the concept of "red" or "green" to a blind person (save the scientific definition, which is cheating).

What if politicians actually understood how the economy works so they can create effective measures?

bradypodidae

Then they would probably put themselves out of a job, and they know that...

What if Global Warming is due to human activity and the overwhelming proof shows that the prime cause is all the hot air expelled by politicians?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Draken

Then we all have a justifyable reason to initiate "Politician Season".  But only for the bad ones.

What if penguins do try to rule the earth with hypnotic tap dancing?
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

bradypodidae

Then we would be mentally torn apart by the eternal power struggle between the penguins and hypnotoad.

What if dogs could tell it wasn't bacon.

edited to add link.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

We would have no more power over their race and they would ultimately become our overlords.  :mwaha

What if I had a bottomless mocha cup? as in.. it would keep refilling itself?

bradypodidae

You would become unbelievably popular and cause the downfall of corporate coffeehouses like Starbucks, but hey, we wouldn't care, we gots never ending mocha!
:boogie
What if Microsoft actually put product quality and user satisfaction as the company's number one mission?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

There would be world peace. (Darn you Bill Gates! Evil!!)

What if there was a mini skirt that would not get blown upward in the wind?

bradypodidae

There would be great gnashing of teeth and gouging of eyes as all of male, and some female, aficionados of the female form lament the loss of such a great treasure bestowed upon mankind by fashion designers and mother nature.

What if peanut butter didn't stick to the roof of cat's and dog's mouths?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Netrogo

Trying to hide their medication so they'll take it would get that much harder.

What if monkies had won the space race by building a rocket before all human nations could then mocking us from the moon?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

bradypodidae

We would have to really reconsider that whole family tree thing and just who descended from who. That, and hope that they can't put enough velocity on that stuff they like to fling to break lunar orbit and reach the earth...

What if Jack Thompson unbelievably got his way?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

I'd be the first one in line to snipe his.. rear. (In a black market video game of course :animesweat)

What if dinosaurs came back?

Cogidubnus

I, for one, would welcome our new toothy overlords.

What if coffee was free?

Sprocketsdance

However awesome that might be there would be serious health risks with the overcaffination of people.. our blood vessels will weaken and rupture until our bodies try to right itself but ultimately will become another disease. .... or something :animesweat

What if everyone shared a meal with someone more needy?

bradypodidae

The giver and receiver would both experience a feeling of great inner peace and happiness that usually is only felt by the participants of wuffnpuff's World Huggle Tour 2009.

What if you could selectively read other people's minds.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

I would feel like  Jedi.. and would eventually start wearing robes and brandishing plastic lightsabers at the wicked.  :boogie

What if you made the best, most awesome cookie ever... what would you do with it?

Corgatha Taldorthar

eat it. What else could you do with a cookie?

What if I could actually meet someone I could talk art intelligently with?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sprocketsdance

You would fall in love ^_^ (Either that or you would have to stop for a minute, pinch yourself, and make for darn sure it's actually happening - and don't worry, I feel for you.)

What if everyone's day could be made by a simple giggle and a hug?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Humanity, as a whole, would get even lazier.

What if it were legal to slap someone, as long as you could prove to the court that said person was too stupid to be allowed to talk in public?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sprocketsdance

There would be a lot of slapping going on done by you and a lot of court-ordered silent people. =)

What if George Lucas actually made the Star Wars prequels well?

bradypodidae

Then I would have to live through watching my niece and her friends turn into raving fangirls, just as I had to witness my sister and her friends do so with the original StarWars (part 4, I think it was?). In all fairness, though, it was all Mark Hammil's fault, and my sister was crushed when he did that car movie.

What if art became the international currency, and your art was legal tender?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

Heh, my 'art' might get me a candy bar.. and a poor quality one at that XD. (Though I like that idea.. hrm..)

What if you could move objects with your mind? (not large ones like cars.. but.. you know, moderate stuff :) )

Lysander

I would probably try to freak people and be surprisingly effective.

What if I freakin' stabbed you in the face?!   :januscat
TytajLucheek

bradypodidae

I would be extremely surprised, since I didn't know you belong to The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

What if you could control your forum karma ratings?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Corgatha Taldorthar

I would gripe about the inability to control other people's karma ratings.

After giving my own a boost of course

What if people displayed rational amounts of alarm over things that could actually hurt them and less about garbage like "pandemics" that one can recover from with a few days of rest in a good bed?

bradypodidae

Then all media, be it print, broadcast, blogs, message boards, pod casts, etc. and all checkout counter rack tabloids would fade from existence as people would quit paying attention to them due to extreme frustration form being continually disappointed in the complete failure of any of them providing "real" non-sensationalized news. Hmm, kinda sounds like a good thing...

What if you could travel back in time and change just one event in history; what would it be?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Netrogo

I'd go back to the first moment that someone looked up at the sky and thought "I bet there's some kind of omnipotent being up there who want's me to create an organization dedicated to making everyone believe in them." and I'd beat their ass into the ground like a tent peg.

That or I'd go back to the day after I was born and tell my parents the winning lottery numbers for the next three weeks.

What if nuclear war happened, and everyone got super powers instead of dying?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

bradypodidae

At first, all would go well. The deeper underlying reason for the nuclear war would be momentarily forgotten as everyone tried to grasp the events that had occurred. All would be awed in wonder as they learned the  extent of their new super powers, until it all became old hat. Then the old conceits and selfishness would begin to creep back into the hearts and souls of the people. All of the old arguments of whose power was the greater, whose intellect was most credible, and who had the right to lead Nuevo Sapiens into the new future. Many would start to believe that they are truly god. So with super powers comes super war. The paradox of powers equally omnipotent clashing in an indescribable maelstrom of mutual destruction would rip apart the very fabric of space, time, energy, and mass, in all their forms, and implode the Universe back into the singularity from which it sprang. God would look upon the emptiness with a saddened heart. All was there for the children, but they turned their backs. Not only had the foolish children thought that God did not create them, but that they had created God. Worse, they dared think themselves gods. With a sigh God thought, well maybe this time, and looked out into the emptiness and said, "Let there be Light."

That or I hope I get the power of flight. Blasting through the Grand Canyon at mach 1 in free flight would be a rush!

What if you could start a successful music band?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Zedd

I'd call my band Zed Ced Gar.....(Thanks for the name...You know who you are...) And we will do tours and make alot awesome heavy rock and party rock! Make plenty of money and help out the poor or the real deserving!

What if there was a cure for Multiple Sclerosis?

bradypodidae

It would end the suffering of hundreds of thousands and (hopefully) advance the treatment and cure for other autoimmune conditions.

What if you could have a private dinner and conversation with anyone currently living; who would it be?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

alexwars1

Definitly a human. (or not)

What if you think the jokes on them, but the jokes really on you?