To all of the California Types

Started by VSMIT, May 17, 2009, 11:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

Should have specified southern.  Another earthquake, centered in west LA county, 5.0.  Shook stuff up pretty good even where I am.

techmaster-glitch

Northern California here. Didn't feel a thing.

VSMIT

Man, why are you guys so far away...?

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on May 18, 2009, 12:29:38 AM
Man, why are you guys so far away...?
Don't ask me: my mom and dad met in La Jolla and moved up here before I was born.

Roureem Egas

There was an earthquake today? All I felt all day was a heatwave. Hopefully there was no serious damage.

Valynth

....What's an "earthquake?"

Is that a new Quake mod?

*is indeed southern, but Alabamian not Californian.*

We'd probably panic over something that Californians just live with, like earthquakes, raging wildfires, and snow.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Jairus

Quote from: Valynth on May 18, 2009, 01:50:36 AM
We'd probably panic over something that Californians just live with, like earthquakes, raging wildfires, and snow.
I can't even remember the last time I saw snow, let alone the last time I played with snow. I feel so... old now.

Reese Tora

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Nikki

I'm not in Cali, but my friend who is is a bit shaken up  :<

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Pagan

Oh come on, we get snow here in Georgia, right next to Alabama. Ya'll don't get any of it?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Valynth

Quote from: Pagan on May 18, 2009, 11:03:43 AM

Oh come on, we get snow here in Georgia, right next to Alabama. Ya'll don't get any of it?

Nope.  We get most of our water vapor from gulf air which is usually too warm to warrant snow.  Occasionally we get snow, but it's usually every seven years or so and every 10 or so of those have a decent amount of snow to work with, but usually not.

Though in recent years it has been snowing a bit more regularly, but only in brief flurries that melt the moment they touch the ground or the sun rises.

Though this winter we actually had a flury that coated cars for all of an hour.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Sunblink

I'm kind of in the same boat as Valynth. I live in Florida, so I don't get any earthquakes at all.

I just get horrible hurricanes instead. :3 Whee!

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

GabrielsThoughts

I remember feeling a California earthquake all the way in Las Vegas back in 1997, but it was way more subtle than a boat rocking on calm water.... that was both the first and last time I ever felt a California earthquake. Although, I find it odd the news has been fear mongering us with "are we prepared for an  earthquake?" messages lately. Maybe they're trying to tell us something, Just enough to get the ratings up and not enough to scare the viewers away (as usual).
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Azlan

Bah, my sneezes rattle the house more.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Passive