05/17/09 [DMFA #1003] - So Soon?

Started by LoneHowler, May 17, 2009, 01:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Her expressions seem odd. Especially in Panel two. Eyes wide open, ears moving apart, I'd say she's surprised, which doesn't fit quite in with "That is understandable."

But Kobra, I'm going to have to disagree with you, especially because of the third panel. Look at her face there, she's screwing up her face, almost trying not to cry. I get the impression that she wants Dan to contact her soon, immediately, to continue the conversation, but that she has some ethical constraint against forcing him to act.

But that's just my 2 pence, and I've been wrong before.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 17, 2009, 09:43:28 AM
Quote from: Alondro on May 17, 2009, 09:41:16 AM
There are NO male clan leaders.

Males would never give up fertility.   :giggle

Infertility doesn't mean unable to perform.

If they're as big as Cyra, the question really becomes "Perform with WHO?"

... actually, I take that back. I forget what kind of fandom I'm talking to :-p

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on May 17, 2009, 11:59:50 AM
If they're as big as Cyra,

I imagine she can be any size she wants.  Even assuming she is usually that size in real life, which is not a given.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

inuhanyo

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 17, 2009, 11:40:04 AM
Her expressions seem odd. Especially in Panel two. Eyes wide open, ears moving apart, I'd say she's surprised, which doesn't fit quite in with "That is understandable."

"I can see now that a lot has happened to you recently." Perhaps Cyra just then became aware of what Dan's been through recently, and that's what has her surprised.

But Kobra, I'm going to have to disagree with you, especially because of the third panel. Look at her face there, she's screwing up her face, almost trying not to cry. I get the impression that she wants Dan to contact her soon, immediately, to continue the conversation, but that she has some ethical constraint against forcing him to act.

Bitter experience may have taught her that pushing in such situations is a Bad Thing.

Before this dream ends, they need to establish a protocol for reestablishing contact.  It could be very simple, no more than Dan calling out her name while dreaming. 

Cyra's opening remark "Is that so? Then perhaps what you need is a friend who will help you help yourself." is a hook that should bring Daniel back, once he has time to take in everything that's happened today.  And, of course, he could ask Cyra about his mom.

Amber Williams

I will say this much, the lack of clan marking on the vixen from that old calendar is a technical error on my part. In theory it should have been there but I fully admit I was still working out the details of how things work.

So that is my bad.

MT Hazard

Anyone here thing they would have gone mad with the things Dan has been subjected to?

In the course of fortnight (I'm guessing here) he has
1.Realised he's not a being
2. Been brained and abducted
3. Been Glomped by a fan girl
4. Got Beaten up and threatened by a cubi
5. Got a new cellar mate
6. Been turned into his sister
7.Realised his best friend is gay/bisexual and is crushing on him.
7.Been beaten up by his mum in disguise
8. Nearly bleed to death after a fight with two old enemies
9.Become a certain pinked haired girls boyfreind (sort off)
10. Been told his is one of only three Cyra clan cubi
11.Got all existential/confused

All with minimum nervous breakdowns.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

inuhanyo

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 17, 2009, 01:44:04 PM
Anyone here thing they would have gone mad with the things Dan has been subjected to?

5. Got a new cellar mate

Yeess, Dan has held up better than Joshua Oswald, who has gone into an emotional funk twice (saved from actual nervous breakdowns by incubus eating his emotional turmoil).  Of course,  Josh has had to deal with the following over the span of a few days.
1.  Investigating a secret base, discovering it belongs to a hostile organization run by demons.
2.  Fleeing, getting shot up, dying from his wounds, brought back as a cyborg.  By an Incubus Mad Scientist (well, that's what Jakob Pettersohn comes off as, at least at first).
3.  During an attack on Jakob's base, Josh pushed Jakob out of the line of fire, and takes a bullet himself.  In the head.  This time he's brought back as an android.
4.  Josh discovers that Jakob believes himself to have once been the dictator Johan Cross, who has a Hitlerian reputation.
5.  Jakob uses Josh to bring back Lord Page (an Angel) as an android.
6. Traversed a non-Euclidean passageway to an extra-dimensional dam.
Oh yeah, Jakob's affinities are fear and wonder, so he can't resist putting a scare into Josh now and then.  Even though Jakob doesn't let it run for very long, and apologises afterwards, this doesn't do Josh's mental health any good.

Raffe

Quote from: inuhanyo on May 17, 2009, 03:17:27 AM
EDIT: Either way though, Clan Cyra is younger than Destinia.
Unless she was pregnant when the clan was founded  :U  :B
Hooray ellipsis!

Azlan

I will concede this one thing about Crya after staring at her for a few strips, she is rather pretty.  I like her shade of blue more than Dee's darker one.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Aganerral

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 17, 2009, 01:44:04 PM

5. Got a new cellar mate

I think it's been more than 2 weeks overall.  Though its hard to say for sure there are a few hints...like didn't Abel stay in his room for a week at some point?  Granted, it's not more than a couple months though.

And I continue to hope that when Cyra said only Destania remains, the means her direct blood descendents,  Given how little we know of clan formation overall, there could easily be more distant relations involved, or adopties/transfers into the clan.  Would just be too depressing if Dan AND Abel were both essentially the last of their clans.

Plus, Cyras acting nice and friendly here, but hers IS the clan of pain, and no one seems to think that Dee is a non-representative member.  If her clan was getting obliterated, I doubt Cyra would just stay in hiding and let it happen.  Though now as I write it, I suppose she could have beat down their enemies but lost almost everyone :(

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 17, 2009, 01:28:24 PM
I will say this much, the lack of clan marking on the vixen from that old calendar is a technical error on my part. In theory it should have been there but I fully admit I was still working out the details of how things work.

So that is my bad.

is that why the clan marking keeps changing?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Madmann135

Quote from: Hellcat on May 17, 2009, 03:43:06 AM
Cyra looks so good in the second panel.... man I'm jealous of Amber being able to design such good clothes for her chars

Personally I think Cyra would still look good in a potato sack...

Quote from: Alondro on May 17, 2009, 09:41:16 AM
There are NO male clan leaders.
Males would never give up fertility.   :giggle

Let me weigh the choices...

Near ultimate power +1
No fathering children -1
Possibility of a harem ...+1 (I am a guy, a perverted guy with morals)
Long life +1
Being the leader of your own clan +1

... Sign me up

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 17, 2009, 08:24:40 PM
No fathering children -1
So store sperm at a bank before getting that third set of wings.  Problem solved.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 17, 2009, 08:26:23 PM
So store sperm at a bank before getting that third set of wings.  Problem solved.
And hope that the magical component of the 'Cubi also gets preserved  :B

e_voyager

does the clan mark always so up in the same place on clan members?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

inuhanyo

Quote from: e_voyager on May 17, 2009, 10:47:16 PM
does the clan mark always so up in the same place on clan members?

No, it's random by individual.  Siar had hers on her chest, Aniz's is on one forearm, Abel's is in the middle of his back.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 17, 2009, 08:36:58 PM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 17, 2009, 08:26:23 PM
And hope that the magical component of the 'Cubi also gets preserved  :B
There's usually a solution for every problem, especially when you start mixing technology and magic together like Jyrras is.

Just some additional thoughts.  Does anyone know what sparked off the dragon wars?  Might it be related to the fact that thus far, every cubi that can produce tentacle heads have heads that resemble (some more strongly then others) dragon heads?  Fa'lina's heads do sort of resemble that of a bird, but if you stretch it a little, one could argue that it is just a peculiar shape of dragon head.  I wonder if it takes the consumption of a dragon's soul to become a tri-wing?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 17, 2009, 11:58:24 PM
Just some additional thoughts.  Does anyone know what sparked off the dragon wars?
Not really.  There have been a few theories, though.  One is that the dragons accidentally created the 'Cubi and have been trying to un-create them ever since.

QuoteI wonder if it takes the consumption of a dragon's soul to become a tri-wing?
Apparently two 'Cubi managed to ascend without using any souls at all.

Ganurath

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2009, 04:11:57 AMApparently two 'Cubi managed to ascend without using any souls at all.
Citation?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Tapewolf