Where is amber's email (the one where she answers questions)

Started by CSlash, May 13, 2009, 09:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSlash

Yeah, I couldn't find it on the site, and I reeeaaly need some work experience for my
resume.  I thought I could email her if she needs some help with the "art" section of the page.

I am pretty good with HTML, VBscript, (Hopefully, it's close enough to QBasic) and
a teensy bit of javascript (even less java, but a little bit)  Just thinking that if she loves
so much to note that she's crazy, then she might even be crazy enough to hire me!

PS.  The details are for if amber might see this at some point.

Turnsky

Quote from: CSlash on May 13, 2009, 09:43:38 AM
Yeah, I couldn't find it on the site, and I reeeaaly need some work experience for my
resume.  I thought I could email her if she needs some help with the "art" section of the page.

I am pretty good with HTML, VBscript, (Hopefully, it's close enough to QBasic) and
a teensy bit of javascript (even less java, but a little bit)  Just thinking that if she loves
so much to note that she's crazy, then she might even be crazy enough to hire me!

PS.  The details are for if amber might see this at some point.

Amber has a Talented, yet unpaid army of codemonkeys to do her bidding.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

It is on the site, by clicking on the envelope.  The envelope takes you to this page:  http://www.missmab.com/contact.php

Her e-mail (as seen there) is her first name at mabsland dot com

She already has a good set of people working on her site, but who knows.  Can't hurt to ask I'm sure.

Tapewolf

Is it a good idea to post it raw in the forum where it can be harvested for spam?

EDIT:
Thanks.... Obfuscating it would have worked fine, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2009, 09:51:32 AM
Is it a good idea to post it raw in the forum where it can be harvested for spam?

EDIT:
Thanks.... Obfuscating it would have worked fine, though...

I did.  2 minutes before you even made that edit actually. :)

Tapewolf

CSlash

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but what does "Harvested for spam"
mean anyways?  Do spammers just come in and use that as "material"?

Tapewolf

Quote from: CSlash on May 14, 2009, 03:47:50 PM
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but what does "Harvested for spam"
mean anyways?  Do spammers just come in and use that as "material"?

Yes.  You can make something that crawls the web and collects email addresses.  CMF is configured not to show email addresses in profiles as a guest user, and while I'm not entirely sure what the policy is for posting email addresses, I figured Amber or Damaris would not take it too kindly and tried to pre-empt them smacking Mao down hard.  Which didn't entirely go to plan.

Stig Hemmer

I am usually not a violent man, but thinking about how much effort is wasted on the 'Net because some jerks think it is a good idea to send billions of emails to reach the ten people who are actually gullible enough to believe some deposed prince somewhere need their help moving money around.  The same people also register on every forum around to post spam, edit every Wiki they can get their grubby little hands on, fill up tagboards...

I think thousands of man-years must be spent every year trying to stop them or clean up after them. Most of this work is unpaid.  I have lost count of the number of webcomics I have seen where they give up on having a forum or tagboard because they just couldn't handle the spam.

Sorry about this rant, but it is just SO ANNOYING!!!  :banghead :cuss

... I'll go away now. ...
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Turnsky

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on May 14, 2009, 09:28:10 PM
I am usually not a violent man, but thinking about how much effort is wasted on the 'Net because some jerks think it is a good idea to send billions of emails to reach the ten people who are actually gullible enough to believe some deposed prince somewhere need their help moving money around.  The same people also register on every forum around to post spam, edit every Wiki they can get their grubby little hands on, fill up tagboards...

I think thousands of man-years must be spent every year trying to stop them or clean up after them. Most of this work is unpaid.  I have lost count of the number of webcomics I have seen where they give up on having a forum or tagboard because they just couldn't handle the spam.

Sorry about this rant, but it is just SO ANNOYING!!!  :banghead :cuss

... I'll go away now. ...

and that's why you use webmail dealies like gmail and hotmail for addresses you know will get spammed to oblivion and back.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Or you can post here, where we do some fairly effective filtering for you. That would work.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears