Odd: Origin of the Alien Space Bat...

Started by GabrielsThoughts, May 07, 2009, 04:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I Just spotted this on TV tropes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlienSpaceBats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_space_bat

I never knew there was term for alterverse timelines beyond divergent or alternate until today. Which is odd condsidering I've done alot of time travel research as hobby... and know of at least a hundred different theories of time travel alone. This incidentally, is why my comic is full of paradoxes and inconsistencies. However, I want to dispute TV tropes assertion that the "Alien Space Bat" terminaology originated with Alison Brooks, as I'm fairly certain the origin of Space Bats began with "The Great Moon Hoax."

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history.do?action=VideoArticle&id=52842

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Moon_Hoax

This was an actual Hoax that was perpetrated by the New York Sun/Times in 1835. The basic premise of the hoax  was someone discovered a unpublished paper of a famous english astronomer who died in Africa or was perhaps still living at the time. Thus creating an alternate timeline or history of said astronomer...so really, whether or not the alien space bats were mentioned by Alison Brooks later I would at least think it would be worth investigating to see if the Space Bats on the moon are related to Alien space bats, or if they are in fact the same species.

now that we've gotten that out of the way,  today is ODD day  five- seven- and nine are all odd numbers...supposedly a day like this only comes around once every hundred years and six times a century.

http://www.oddday.net/

So in Honor of the oddities that surround the human condition I propose this thread be used for oddball theories.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bradypodidae

Perhaps not odd per se, however it is one of my favorites to get lost in trying to comprehend:

http://www.superstringtheory.com/

See you in the Eleventh Spacetime Dimension!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

superluser

This will not end well.  Because it will not begin well.

I collect conspiracy theories as a hobby.  I've probably got enough for a variant of We Didn't Start the Fire by now.  My favorite is Teri Smith Tyler:

QuotePlaintiff also makes the following allegations against the defendants. Former President Jimmy Carter was the secret head of the Ku Klux Klan; Bill Clinton is the biological son of Jimmy Carter; President Clinton and Ross Perot have made fortunes in the death-hunting industry, and are responsible for the murder of at least 10 million black women in concentration camps, their bodies sold for meat and their skin turned into leather products. The defendants are also responsible for breeding farms, which turn out 2,000 black girls a year, who are then sold for recreational murder or as human pets. Additionally, the defendants utilize weather control and earthquake technology to threaten other countries that object to the Iron Mountain Plan...

Plaintiff claims to have confronted Secretary of Defense Cheney with evidence of this allegation. Cheney, through ``proteus,'' purportedly told the plaintiff, ``Well, we were so sick and tiered of killing black girls. We just had to put some variety back into our death-hunting industry. And they [Persians] are incredibly beautiful. The beauty of the face heightens the pleasure of the kill.

The Sokal Affair:  In 1996, Sokal, a professor of physics at New York University, submitted a paper for publication in Social Text, as an experiment to see if a journal in that field would, in Sokal's words: "publish an article liberally salted with nonsense if (a) it sounded good and (b) it flattered the editors' ideological preconceptions."

The paper, titled "Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity", was published in the Spring/Summer 1996 "Science Wars" issue of Social Text, which at that time had no peer review process, and so did not submit it for outside review.

Alexander Abian: TIME HAS INERTIA. EQUIVALENCE OF TIME AND MASS: (1/T)+(1/log M) = 1 (ABIAN).
ALTER EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOP EPIDEMICS OF CANCER, CHOLERA, AIDS, ETC.
VENUS MUST BE GIVEN A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT TO BECOME A BORN AGAIN EARTH

(Abian's plan?  Blow up the moon.)

John Titor, who claimed to be a time traveller around November 2000--he claimed that the 2000 election would be the precursor to a great civil war in the US, and this was before the Florida debacle.

And Robby Todino.  Todino was the guy who sent out all those time traveler spam messages.  Turns out he used to be a real spammer but then went insane.  It's actually a sad story, but that doesn't make the store that these guys used to fool him any less funny.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

GabrielsThoughts

here's a good one.... (bible)

Luke 21:8 Jesus said, "Be careful that you are not deceived. Many will come using my name. They will say, 'I am he!' and 'The time is near.' Don't follow them! 9 "When you hear of wars and revolutions, don't be terrified! These things must happen first, but the end will not come immediately."

So... in a way, Jesus was warning us 2000 years ago that there are people who take advantage of a belief in a higher power  to fear monger people into following them like sheep. While keeping them in a constant state of fear. Boy I sure am glad people don't do that any more I would hate t go to church and hear the preacher talk of how the one who will bring peace to the world is the anti-christ...wait.

Luke chapter 21:10 Then Jesus continued, "Nation will fight against nation and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be terrible earthquakes, famines, and dreadful diseases in various places. Terrifying sights and miraculous signs will come from the sky.

Did Jesus know about communication satellites and CNN?

Luke 21: 34 "Don't spend all of your time thinking about eating or drinking or worrying about life. If you do, the final day will suddenly catch you 35 like a trap. That day will surprise everyone on earth. 36 Watch out and keep praying that you can escape all that is going to happen and that the Son of Man will be pleased with you."

Gasp, the end of everything will be a surprise!!! Who knew?

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Alondro

Gabriel, we already know you hate Christianity.  Paraphrasing the Bible in a silly manner does nothing to help.

I challenge you, show enough bravery to mock the absurdities of Islam in the same manner.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

@ Alondro

Ok, Troll, You and Charlene  should stop yourselves. the purpose of this thread is to create mildly plausible conspiracy's not debate the finer points biblical subtext.

additionally, I am a Christian.  "do not forsake the church, for that is the custom of some" <---Doesn't that imply there are some Christians who do not go to church. Additionally, I could argue that it says not to forsake those that go to church, simply on the basis of vauge Interpretation.

I was simply proposing the following conspiracy theories

1) The church is an organization that controls people through fear and submission tactics. Jesus being a time traveler knew this and warned people not follow those who said they were Christ or knew the word of God.

2)Jesus, being a time traveler from the future, knew there would be earthquakes, floods, famine, pestilence, wars, and terrifying sights that would be transmitted from the sky...  I believe he was telling people about communication satellites, you know modern technology. As I am proposing a conspiracy theory. As an individual, I am allowed to speak my mind and have an opinion or interpretation of the bible that sounds whacky and unbeleivable. How do you think Lutheran, Catholic, Fundemental, Prodestant, and other churches were established.

3)Jesus Literally  told people not to fear the end of days. That the end of Humanity, the universe and every thing would be a BIG SURPRISE!!! He told people not to worry about anything. He told people not to worry about what they eat. The bible even states you would not want to hang around Jesus based on his appearance alone, because Jesus may have looked like Jack Black for all anyone knows since the current imagery associated with Christ was based of the Roman statues of Zeus <----you know the Roman god, not master of the universe and everything.

4) want to see something funny, Philippians chapter 4 reveals 'the Secret', you know "THE  SECRET" the new age Philosophy. Further proof that Jesus was from the future. I mean, what are the odds that an idea from 2000  years into the future would be known to Jesus unless he was a time traveler.   

Passive

superluser

Quote from: Passive on May 08, 2009, 03:29:38 PMI want to know the secret.

Do you promise not to tell?

Well, it doesn't really matter, since it's bogus.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?