08/04/09 [PF #58] The device has been modified

Started by Ren Gaulen, April 08, 2009, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

I have a baaad feeling about this - Dorcan and Niall seem to have gotten Bad Ideas™. :shifty Also, yay for Kirian's return! :>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 08, 2009, 04:30:23 PM
Also, yay for Kirian's return! :>

Heh.  I don't know about you, but it took me a while to remember quite how I did the colouring on Kirian.  I think I made the clan mark too small...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Cannot Display Webpage.

I thought it was just a minor glitch in that xepher thing or whatever that would get fixed quick, but it's been like this for a couple days now.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 08, 2009, 07:00:18 PM
Cannot Display Webpage.

I thought it was just a minor glitch in that xepher thing or whatever that would get fixed quick, but it's been like this for a couple days now.

Have you tried project-future.xepher.net ?  Do DMFA and Last Resort work?
What browser are you using?

EDIT:

It's worth noting that xepher.net has changed hosts.  It's possible that your DNS server is still pointing to the old one or something.

What do you get if you type:

ping www.project-future.org

...at the command line?   I'm getting 98.129.220.128.  If you're getting another IP address, that could be bad.

What about:

tracert www.project-future.org

?

Jack McSlay

The expansion card looks more like an amplifier or equalizer circuit to me, but it's just me being nitpicky :U

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 08, 2009, 07:00:18 PMCannot Display Webpage.

It's working fine here. Maybe try using a proxy?
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 08, 2009, 07:30:17 PM
The expansion card looks more like an amplifier or equalizer circuit to me, but it's just me being nitpicky :U

Well done!  It is, in fact an amplifier.  Though on the other hand the label saying "REPRO AMP 7.5/15" down the side was a bit of a giveaway  >:3  (Kind of like Bill's guess-the-song clips where he left the song title and artist in the MP3 tag)

Bonus points for the make and model.

EDIT:

Here's a mirror of the current page for Tech:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/Page_10.png
(observant eyes may notice that we're actually on page 8 of episode 7.  Page 1 is the front cover and page 2 is intentionally left blank to help with the printing.)

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2009, 07:23:52 PM
Have you tried project-future.xepher.net ?  Do DMFA and Last Resort work?
What browser are you using?
EDIT:
It's worth noting that xepher.net has changed hosts.  It's possible that your DNS server is still pointing to the old one or something.
What do you get if you type:

ping www.project-future.org

...at the command line?   I'm getting 98.129.220.128.  If you're getting another IP address, that could be bad.
What about:

tracert www.project-future.org

?
Actually, I've been clicking on the pic-link in your signature. But it seems to work fine now. No problem anymore.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2009, 07:36:08 PMWell done!  It is, in fact an amplifier.  Though on the other hand the label saying "REPRO AMP 7.5/15" down the side was a bit of a giveaway  >:3  (Kind of like Bill's guess-the-song clips where he left the song title and artist in the MP3 tag)
(...)
(observant eyes may notice that we're actually on page 8 of episode 7.  Page 1 is the front cover and page 2 is intentionally left blank to help with the printing.)
Actually I didn't even notice the label (and it's kinda hard to read,really). It looked like an amplifier to me because of the types of components used and their arrangement.

Wait... print?
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 09, 2009, 03:12:21 PM
Actually I didn't even notice the label (and it's kinda hard to read,really). It looked like an amplifier to me because of the types of components used and their arrangement.
Cool.

QuoteWait... print?
Not on a commercial scale, no.  I print it out in high-res fairly regularly, sometimes I take a couple of copies to AC etc.

Tapewolf