03/16/09 [DMFA #983] - Oh, Kria.

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

I seem to recall an episode of Fearless Fosdick in which the issue of not removing the penetrating object played a major role.  (Fearless Fosdick was a comic within a comic that appeared in Lil Abner by Al Capp.)  Fearless Fosdick was stabbed with an extremely valuable antique knife, and removing the knife would have killed him.  However, for the sake of duty, he was willing to remove the knife so that it could be returned to the proper owners.  However, before he could kill himself by removing the knife, he was shot in a gun battle where the bullet knocked the knife loose and plugged the wound at the same time.  In this way, he survived the return of the knife to the owners.

This was probably one of the more "normal" episodes of Fearless Fosdick.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

N-Cat

Hello. I am another lurker, and sadly, I don't really see myself doing very much here.  Maybe if the site was easier to navigate, maybe if Amber updated with every other day pauses instead of all at once, maybe if I didn't have to use a proxy to get around the filter, then just maybe I would comment on the forum for my 2nd favorite (after Darths and Droids) webcomic often.  I find it hilarious, but honestly, the bad outweighs the good.  So, anyways...

Is the common assumption that Dan is charging up a spell? And that once it happens, it will presumably explode and blast Dark Pegasus off of him?  Because the Blue Eyes and Clan marking showing seem exactly like the classic video game power charge up.  Samus did a similar thing with her freeze beam, right? You hold down the button and she starts to glow blue.  I know that other characters do this.  Can anyone remember a couple for me?

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 16, 2009, 08:40:56 PM
As you say it might take them a while to get there, though Kria and Lorenda seem to have walked sedately downstairs while Dan was chasing Regina and still got there in time to witness the fight.

Yes, but Dan spent an unknown (to us) amount of time trying to get into the sealed room, the fight didn't start until after Aliph was resurrected.  However long that took (plus time for Regina to decide to do it) gave Kria and Lorenda more than enough time to arrive.

If Devin can recognize Aliph's scream (maybe he always has that odd voice right after being resurrected) then he'll know where to go.  And probably at a run.

Quote from: N-Cat on March 16, 2009, 10:58:46 PM
Hello. I am another lurker, and sadly, I don't really see myself doing very much here.  Maybe if the site was easier to navigate, maybe if Amber updated with every other day pauses instead of all at once, maybe if I didn't have to use a proxy to get around the filter, then just maybe I would comment on the forum for my 2nd favorite (after Darths and Droids) webcomic often.  I find it hilarious, but honestly, the bad outweighs the good.  So, anyways...

Is the common assumption that Dan is charging up a spell? And that once it happens, it will presumably explode and blast Dark Pegasus off of him?  Because the Blue Eyes and Clan marking showing seem exactly like the classic video game power charge up.  Samus did a similar thing with her freeze beam, right? You hold down the button and she starts to glow blue.  I know that other characters do this.  Can anyone remember a couple for me?

From what Amber said on this thread, Dan's charging up himself.  He's now drawing on his clan founder (and/or other clan members) for energy to keep up the furious pace he's at.  Thus his clan mark is finally manifesting.  The kind of combat shapechanging he's doing, while less draining than spells, is still using up energy faster than he can absorb it.

As he gets older and better trained, it may be that the depth of his reserves and the rate he can absorb energy will increase.  It's a logical supposition, anyway.  I suppose that in time we'll see.

Ted Schiller

Will we see other comics use the Aliph Scream?  :)

With regards,
Ted

foxxfurry

Hi sorry about posting in the wrong frame before, all I had to say was my two cents worth about DP, but please anybody know if Amber has another update before her rest time or will there be two or three days before her next update, I have lost tract of her updates

Alterationartist

First I went "buh?", then I went "lol".
Round 9!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: foxxfurry on March 17, 2009, 01:24:37 AM
Hi sorry about posting in the wrong frame before, all I had to say was my two cents worth about DP, but please anybody know if Amber has another update before her rest time or will there be two or three days before her next update, I have lost tract of her updates

Posting in the wrong thread is just one of those things that happens. Don't keep apologising, just pay attention and don't do it again. ;-]

As for Amber's posting schedule, she's on her weekend now. Next scheduled update is in approximately 40-44 hours, give or take a bit (I'm usually asleep when she updates, so I'm not sure of the exact time)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on March 16, 2009, 11:12:34 PM
From what Amber said on this thread, Dan's charging up himself.  He's now drawing on his clan founder (and/or other clan members) for energy to keep up the furious pace he's at.

In effect he's in a sort of overload condition.  As for drawing on Cyra's power, I wonder if she knows?  If it's like a server and you can see who's gobbling up all the bandwidth?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 05:21:51 AM
In effect he's in a sort of overload condition.  As for drawing on Cyra's power, I wonder if she knows?  If it's like a server and you can see who's gobbling up all the bandwidth?

You keep referring to Cyra as "she" - I know the wiki states that Cyra is a Succubus, but it fails to provide any reference for that information. Is there something you know that the rest of us don't?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 05:36:50 AM
You keep referring to Cyra as "she" - I know the wiki states that Cyra is a Succubus, but it fails to provide any reference for that information. Is there something you know that the rest of us don't?

There's a picture floating around (which someone has now forwarded to me) and unless it's no longer canon, she's either a succubus or an incubus disguised as one.  By the looks, it originally came from Amber's old 'adult art' gallery from way back.  I've made a blurred-out version of it which is somewhat NSFW instead of totally so, but even so, posting it may be treading on thin ice.  And I doubt Amber's particularly fond of it these days  :P

EDIT:
The copyright date is apparently 2004, though it was obscured by the logo of some site which mirrored it.

kaskar

So we see now how Dan stops DP from giving him a broken heart ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Slowtini

I ACTUALLY WINCED AT THE SECOND PANEL. x -x

silentassassin

I have a question *and forgive me if it's already been asked* what the ressurection ceremony intales exactly? I mean for regina to do it in what I'm guessing is a minutes time it must be simple or mostly set up at this point by kria.

I also have another question adult gallery?

About the blood loss chances the wounds are superficial and/or some type of cubi ability/magic/evil horse magic quickly creates a blockage at the wound.

Tapewolf

Quote from: silentassassin on March 17, 2009, 09:21:13 AM
I have a question *and forgive me if it's already been asked* what the ressurection ceremony intales exactly? I mean for regina to do it in what I'm guessing is a minutes time it must be simple or mostly set up at this point by kria.
No-one knows.  I had assumed that it required Bigg's minions as a sacrifice, but Regina seems to have made it work somehow.  I would guess that it was almost certainly set up by Kria in advance since Regina doesn't seem particularly competent.

QuoteI also have another question adult gallery?

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_133.php

...before my time, I think.

silentassassin

Well I belive someone said 2004 so it is before my time atleast.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: silentassassin on March 17, 2009, 10:15:30 AM
Well I belive someone said 2004 so it is before my time atleast.

That would be the mature segment she had on VCL, which she has since taken down.

silentassassin

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a mature picture hosting site. Does it really matter, since her content isn't there any more anyway?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 10:34:38 AM
It's a mature picture hosting site. Does it really matter, since her content isn't there any more anyway?

"Why you think the net was born...?"

silentassassin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 10:34:38 AM
Well excuse me I had no knowledge of the site hence why I raised the question in the first place.

Buhamet

I wonder if Dan is going to remember that he's able to randomly summon up swords at a moment's notice......

I'm also wondering what Abel's reaction is going to be when he sees both Dan's cubi marking after it's shown up, as well as seeing Devin, but that second one isn't likely to happen for a long time yet, soooo, we'll just have to wait!

Jairus

I think Dan's gonna start wearing more shirts with sleeves on them once he realizes the clan marking is there. After the brief panic attack that happens when he realizes it's there.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Buhamet

Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 11:28:30 AM
I think Dan's gonna start wearing more shirts with sleeves on them once he realizes the clan marking is there. After the brief panic attack that happens when he realizes it's there.

You're probably right........... means that he'll probably totally stop wearing the former robe that Wildy gave him.

Either that or he might leave it there so that future baddies know that they have a reason to be worried when he goes off on adventures

Jairus

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 11:34:27 AM

You're probably right........... means that he'll probably totally stop wearing the former robe that Wildy gave him.

Either that or he might leave it there so that future baddies know that they have a reason to be worried when he goes off on adventures
Or wear the robe over his shirt. You know, just a t-shirt would probably cover his clan marking.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Very much so.  Abel is liable to ensure that ("You can't go out with that there!  People will recognise it!  They'll kill you!").

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 11:26:34 AM
I'm also wondering what Abel's reaction is going to be when he sees both Dan's cubi marking after it's shown up

"Blaargh!".

Quoteas well as seeing Devin, but that second one isn't likely to happen for a long time yet, soooo, we'll just have to wait!
Dan gone psycho, a basement full of blood, Devin reborn but probably not remembering him, and Miss Soulstealer.  I think it's going to be a day of surprises for him.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.  Remember to read the rules, be good, have fun and so on and so forth.

Buhamet

Hadn't considered that

Oh, it's good too be here as well, thanks.  Been reading the comic for a long time now, so I thought I might as well join

As for Abel? I keep getting the feeling he'd pass out if you introduced it all to him at once

I'll be good, I promise!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 11:42:22 AM
I'll be good, I promise!

Good, I can go on with being lazy, then. ;-]

Buhamet

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 11:42:22 AM
I'll be good, I promise!

Good, I can go on with being lazy, then. ;-]

Lols. I've been on a forum site before, so I know the standard rules.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 11:37:58 AM

Very much so.  Abel is liable to ensure that ("You can't go out with that there!  People will recognise it!  They'll kill you!").

I'm not so sure. Abel goes out shirtless half the time, doesn't seem to mind people possibly noticing his own clan marker. He can probably pass along the tip of "just claim it's a tattoo."

Edit, although now that I look at the archive, Abel does tend to wear shirts when he goes outdoors. hmmm.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 17, 2009, 11:53:06 AM
I'm not so sure. Abel goes out shirtless half the time, doesn't seem to mind people possibly noticing his own clan marker. He can probably pass along the tip of "just claim it's a tattoo."
Very true, but Dan is a marked man (i.e. the dragons "will kill him as soon as they find out what clan he is") and Abel doesn't have an apparently notorious succubus for a mother.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 17, 2009, 11:53:06 AM
Edit, although now that I look at the archive, Abel does tend to wear shirts when he goes outdoors. hmmm.

Yeah - I was thinking specifically of when he removed his shirt at the mall after the paint incident.  He didn't take any pains over it then.