14/03/09 [PF #55] - Improvements

Started by Ren Gaulen, March 14, 2009, 03:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

..Well, they probably cook those sunflowers first, unlike Daryil. :P

Jairus

And what's wrong with such a buff body? Why do they have to scrap it?

Also... "Nom nom nom. Sunflower."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gabi

The Chinese will eat anything. Except for potatoe cakes with soybean sauce, according to my Chinese teacher.

By the way, does Joshua somehow have 3 halves? *Points to Xepher ad.*

I have eaten sunflower seeds. They're tasty. And I've had tea with sunflower petals, but the taste was drowned by other flowers and fruits.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on March 14, 2009, 03:23:44 PM
By the way, does Joshua somehow have 3 halves? *Points to Xepher ad.*

This?

http://project-future.xepher.net/stuff/pfbar_500100.png

...well, it wouldn't be as funny if it added up, would it?   >:3  I got the idea from the Student Bloopers list (which must be 20 years old by now!).  One of them read "Handel was half Italian, half English and half German.  He was very large."

QuoteI have eaten sunflower seeds. They're tasty. And I've had tea with sunflower petals, but the taste was drowned by other flowers and fruits.
I've eaten sunflower seeds, yes - but I'd hesitate to rip the head off someone's flower and eat it like Daryil did.  Originally I was thinking about him eating a tulip, or maybe a compact disk.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on March 14, 2009, 03:22:25 PM
Well, his body was not originally that way, so Niall thought that Dorkan may have problems with being in a body that looked too differently from his original one.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on March 14, 2009, 03:22:25 PM
At the end of the day, the real problem is that Daryil improvised rather than doing what he was asked.  Niall, not reading Dorcan's mind out of courtesy, assumes that Dorcan will want his old body back.  Dorcan meanwhile assumes that they're going to destroy him.

**EDIT**
I'm thinking of replacing Daryil's picture in the cast page with one from this page.  Suggestions would be welcome, though I'd prefer to have one showing his eye colour which panel 3 doesn't, unless I re-jig the eyes especially for the profile.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2009, 03:29:07 PM
QuoteI have eaten sunflower seeds. They're tasty. And I've had tea with sunflower petals, but the taste was drowned by other flowers and fruits.
I've eaten sunflower seeds, yes - but I'd hesitate to rip the head off someone's flower and eat it like Daryil did.  Originally I was thinking about him eating a tulip, or maybe a compact disk.

And here I was thinking it was some kind of sandwich and was going to ask if that was a stalk of celery sticking out.

I think anyone would accept an improvement in appearance like that, even if "muscle" sculpt means nothing with a cybernetic body.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Pagan

I have to wonder, what with Daryil wanting to make improvements on Dorkster and his (not exactly canon) curiosity about Joshy's equipment, how fully functional are these androids.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on March 15, 2009, 01:20:32 AM
I have to wonder, what with Daryil wanting to make improvements on Dorkster and his (not exactly canon) curiosity about Joshy's equipment, how fully functional are these androids.
Those parts are still in beta, unfortunately.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pagan

And what is so mortifying about eating sunflower heads?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on March 15, 2009, 01:20:32 AM

That does work recreationally, yes.  Daryil would make sure of that and however prudish Jakob may appear he'd concur with Daryil in this one.  Obviously nothing can come of it child-wise.

Quote from: Pagan on March 15, 2009, 01:32:25 AM
And what is so mortifying about eating sunflower heads?
The fact that I was trying to portray Daryil as eating something inedible?  We should have gone with a compact disk or something.  There was a (Weetabix?) advert in the late 80s which showed someone eating their plate.  Haven't found it on Youtube yet though.

**EDIT**

Any nominations for Daryil's new portrait?

Zedd

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2009, 04:00:00 AM
The fact that I was trying to portray Daryil as eating something inedible?  We should have gone with a compact disk or something. 

have him eating a shoe, or possibly one of the guitars. that would explain their presence at least, if they're a common snack
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 20, 2009, 03:59:27 AM
have him eating a shoe, or possibly one of the guitars. that would explain their presence at least, if they're a common snack

Niall plays bass.

**EDIT**

Looks like we'll be running late again, I'm afraid.  At this point it might be better to assume a Saturday update - which was originally the idea anyway.

Brunhidden

shoes then, it fits with being cannid, and actually taking a bite and swallowing is still plenty freaky

i would assume that to him items like shoes and guitars are like a fine wine, each is individual and has a unique history.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Ugh.  It looks like some kind of "Best of Chapter 7" but it's there if anyone's interested.  I'll replace it with the proper version when I can.

**EDIT**

It is looking less and less likely that it'll be ready for Monday.