Obsessive Listening

Started by Teh_Hobo, March 14, 2009, 02:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teh_Hobo

This forum needs moar music related threads IMO. So to that end, what have y'all listened to lately that you just have to hit the repeat button over and over and over again?
For me:
Drottnar - Welterwerk
It took me a while to get into this album, but it is now stuck in my current playlist. Proggy black metal with just the right amount of aggression, production that isn't typical black metal answering-machine-buried-under-a-tree-stump style but not super crystal clear, odd tuning, riffs that stick in my brain, just an awesome album.
General Surgery - Corpus In Extremis: Analyzing Necrocriticism
This album, however, took me no time at all to get into. Its total Carcass worship but it is extremely well done Carcass worship. Riff driven grindcore with a lyrical focus on pathological and medical procedures. Excellent for FPS deathmatches.
YOUR TURN
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Jairus

Hm... probably "00 Gundam" from the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 OST 3. Aside from that, Yoko Kanno's "Rise" from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. Those two have really had my attention for the last week.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lysander

Well a couple bands I tend to have frequent sudden urges to listen to are "Within Temptation," "Nightwish," and "The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus."

A few songs I go to often are "Why or Why Not?" from When They Cry, first season, and "Never Too Late" and "Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Jairus

yeah, basically anything Nightwish for me too.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

rabid_fox

Music is horrible; it's maths, but in your ears.

Oh dear.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Anything by Pink Floyd.

And recently, Love Bites by Def Leppard.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ryudo Lee

I've been on a Mother/Earthbound kick lately.  I got this Mother remix among other songs on a CD and I keep repeating it.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Eibborn

The Last Christmas on Earth by Softlightes.

You can hear it on their MySpace page
/kicks the internet over

Tipod

Deceptacons. OneBeLo.

Some things change, some things stay the same.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Tapewolf

Recently the albums I can't stop listening to almost solidly have been:
Karmacode by Lacuna Coil
Memorial by Moonspell  (LENTIIILS!)
Ommadawn by Mike Oldfield

One album which is driving me nuts is 'Tommy' by The Who.  This is because I have a sudden urge to listen to it again and I don't have a copy of it.  There are some lo-fi recordings on youtube but I can see I'm going to have to break down and purchase a copy of it.
Must also get Queen II.

The last few days I have been listening to my own new album a lot, though that's mostly a quality control thing  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Teh_Hobo

I have no idea how i forgot to put this in my original post.
The Berzerker - The Reawakening
Industrial grindcore fusion. YESSSS. The track The Deception has quite possibly one of the catchiest riffs I have ever heard in a grind song. Just about every other song is memorable on its own, and the remix tracks are... interesting. Some EXCELLENT, some, not so much, but thats to be expected when you remix grindcore.

Okay I think I am about to overdose on grindcore, black metal and noise music. time for some reggae for a while.

Sunblink

"Everywhere I Go" - Hollywood Undead
"Good God" - Anouk
"The End of Heartache" - Killswitch Engage

I love all of these songs. XD

bill

I've had "This Year's Model" by Elvis Costello on when I've been exercising lately.

Lisky

What, i'm not the only one who listens to hollywood undead?

No. 5
Dead in Ditches &
Everywhere i go are all stuck in my head...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Aisha deCabre

I wouldn't call my listening obsessive, but if I choose to listen to music for a day, often I play the same ones, with a few others mixed in. xP

See Who I Am; Our Solemn Hour; Pale; Hand of Sorrow; Memories; Aquarius; Truth Beneath The Rose; Somewhere; Swan Song, Mother Earth -- All from Within Temptation...

Life -- E-Type

Animal I Have Become -- Three Days Grace (DANG that thing's catchy...)

Higher -- Creed

Footloose -- Kenny Loggins (Yes, I inherited some of my mom's taste in music. xP)

The Border -- America (Case in point...)

Take On Me -- A Ha

Uninvited -- Alanis Morriset

Livin' on a Prayer; You Give Love a Bad Name; It's My Life -- All by Bon Jovi

Holdin' Out for a Hero -- Bonnie Tyler (Yes, I know. xP)

Crash and Burn -- Savage Garden

May It Be -- Enya (Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things out there...)

Nemo -- Nightwish

Rebirthing -- Skillet

And the rest, well, let's just say I have a bit of a nice full MP3 player, thanks to my friends and family.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Draken

Thanks to the fact that I got a tape adaptor for my car, my PSP has been playing one song and one song only....over and over and OVER again....

"Your Worst Nightmare" from metal slug (not  any of the other ones, just the background music from that game)
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2009, 04:33:13 PM
Karmacode by Lacuna Coil

I'm totally to blame for this. :giggle I'm destroying people's lives, through music! >:3

I forgot to mention, I'm addicted to "Power Struggle" and "Insanity Pulse" by Sunna. Too bad they only released one album.

Angel

Oh, I've got tons of 'em. I tend to hit repeat before my latest addiction song's even over, just because I can't stand the thought of it ending. But lately, it's been "Enter Sandman" as played by the Vitamin String Quartet, "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett, and "Feeling Good" as sung by either Muse or Michael Bublé. Farther back but still recent includes "I Don't Care" by Fall Out Boy and "Blue Morning, Blue Day" by Foreigner.

(scrolls further up the topic)

Aisha...musically, you and I will get along juuuust fine. :D
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

My musical taste tends to pretty much stagnate until Keaton gets me interested in something else :U

Recently, Apocalyptica and aesma daeva have been up there. Mark Knopfler, as always. Been listening to the Dubliners, too, although I seem to have missed the boat there, what with Ronnie Drew now being dead.

Yugo

Selene, by Michael Manring.

And no, not just because I'm a bassist. It's just such a peaceful and relaxing song. :D
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Up All Night (Frankie Miller Goes To Hollywood), by Counting Crows, off the Hard Candy album.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dekari

Recently picked up the album Sound of Madness by Shinedown.  There's like 5 or 6 songs on there that I can now sing along with (all be it poorly) because of how many times I listened to them in the first day I owned it.  Some that really stood out for me...

"Sound of Madness"
"Sin with a Grin"
"Cry for Help"

If you like Shinedown, or hell if you like metal in general, I recommend get it.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Teh_Hobo

I keep hearing about Hollywood Undead all over. I guess I will have to look this up.

*Listens*

Hmm.
Sounds sort of emoish with some industrial backing...
WHAT
OH GOD WHAT
WHY AM I LIKING THIS  :erk
DEAR GOD
THIS MAKES NO SENSE
Honestly, I should hate this with a fiery passion! It contains everything that I hate!! I hate the whole mask gimmick, that was retarded when Slipknot and Mushroomhead started it, I hate most rap and wanksters like that make me cringe, I like very, very little emo...
WHY DO I LIKE THIS
OH GOD MY BRAIN HURTS

Angel

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on March 18, 2009, 10:36:02 PM
I keep hearing about Hollywood Undead all over. I guess I will have to look this up.

*Listens*

Hmm.
Sounds sort of emoish with some industrial backing...
WHAT
OH GOD WHAT
WHY AM I LIKING THIS  :erk
DEAR GOD
THIS MAKES NO SENSE
Honestly, I should hate this with a fiery passion! It contains everything that I hate!! I hate the whole mask gimmick, that was retarded when Slipknot and Mushroomhead started it, I hate most rap and wanksters like that make me cringe, I like very, very little emo...
WHY DO I LIKE THIS
OH GOD MY BRAIN HURTS

(big toothy smile and an evil laugh)

I've had that reaction to so many things... It's good music, and believe it or not, they aren't just a studio band. Though I don't usually have that reaction to music; I'm willing to give any genre a try. (Your reaction is about the same as when I realized that my favorite villain on Naruto was *shudder* Orochimaru...)
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Teh_Hobo

I don't typically react that way to music either, I try to be as open minded as I can about music. I listen to most anything, though my current tolerance for emo is very low and I'm just starting to get into a little bit of hip hop and rap. That confused me immensely though.
In an attempt to keep on topic:
Ruffneck & Ophidian - All The Way Down
This song makes me want to break out some glowsticks.

Angel

As of today:

"Blood" by My Chemical Romance. Short, but funny, and appeals to that noisy vampire lover in me.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Stygian

'Now I'm Here' by Queen. It's not unexpected though, seeing as quite a few of their songs are the sort you can just listen to over and over and over again...

radarnocturn

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 17, 2009, 11:00:22 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2009, 04:33:13 PM
Karmacode by Lacuna Coil

I'm totally to blame for this. :giggle I'm destroying people's lives, through music! >:3

I forgot to mention, I'm addicted to "Power Struggle" and "Insanity Pulse" by Sunna. Too bad they only released one album.

Bad doggy :P

Is it bad that I right now have "So What" by Pink stuck in my head?   :kirby

Lysander

One song that I've been listening to repeatedly as of late are about 10 of the 13 versions of You, theme of When They Cry the video game.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!