Project Future Radio Show: Announcement

Started by Jairus, February 21, 2009, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Zedd on May 24, 2009, 05:56:52 PM
Quote from: Tezkat on May 24, 2009, 05:54:56 PM

How are you getting breath noises with it clipped to your shirt? Are you talking down into it?

You wont hear me at alll if I don't

That sounds awkward, if not painful if done long term.

Quote from: Tezkat on May 24, 2009, 06:15:36 PM
Hmm... that does present a challenge, doesn't it? Is there a particular reason you can't set it up anywhere else? You'd probably have more control if you just laid it on a table and talked over it...

Or how about... hold it with one of your hands. Hold it near, but off to one side of your mouth so it's out of the plosive air path. Most headset boom mics use this method (the side position, not the hand-mount).

I'd consider doing an infrequent (even single page/panel only) male voice if you need a boring middle-American accent for a seldom seen/heard character. I haven't seen many of these yet so far but I suppose there may be some coming up (workers, villagers, whatever). I'm not looking for a frequently recurring (or exciting) role.
Unlike the DMFA radio project, I'm not hearing so many British accents here lately in the samples.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

James StarRunner

I attempted a few characters like Page and the judge in the dream, but I don't think I've come up with any good voices yet. So I may just do some very minor characters like one of the people in the jury or something until James comes.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 28, 2009, 02:00:30 AM
I'd consider doing an infrequent (even single page/panel only) male voice if you need a boring middle-American accent for a seldom seen/heard character. I haven't seen many of these yet so far but I suppose there may be some coming up (workers, villagers, whatever). I'm not looking for a frequently recurring (or exciting) role.
Unlike the DMFA radio project, I'm not hearing so many British accents here lately in the samples.

Unless someone has been lax in editing the list up front of the thread, we're still looking for someone to play Ashley.  If that's too big, Gabriel could probably do it with the voice he demoed for Joshua (but not the redneck voice - that made me cringe).

EDIT:
Actually, Ashley's a Siberian Lynx, so maybe Ren should voice him  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tezkat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Jairus

Quote from: Tezkat on May 28, 2009, 02:09:39 PM
But... I liked the redneck Jakob... :mowtongue
I am not voicing Jakob as a redneck. Now, as Mr. Popo, that I would consider...

And apologies for the lack of interaction here: I'm down to my last few weeks of school here. I shall soon be active here again! But school comes first.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 28, 2009, 02:00:30 AM

I'm so sorry for going off on holiday. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

hey all... I still want to do my comic as a radio show too... http://www.grllv.com... (not an advertsement) would any of you be interested in doing voices for any of the cast? I'm tacking it in here because the original thread died after one response in the tower of art and no one seemed really interested.  :kruger by hijacking an existing thread the odds of this one dissapearing are not as likely. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.