Shattered Innocence (OOC Thread) [M] )Closed(

Started by Noone, February 03, 2009, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noone

Actually, I can accurately say that knowledge of Lambda Calculus helps a lot when dealing with Functional Programming Languages, like FORTRAN or Haskell.
Also as far as discrete mathematics (which there is some calculus in there), helps for lexical analyzers, particularly the parts about formal languages(for compilers) and grammars(for compilers, and languages like YACC or Bison).
The calculus helps once you get beyond OO programming, though it's generally best to get it out of the way sooner rather than later.

As for the MacBeth quotes, I kind of thought something... threatening would fit in well with the RP's general tense, paranoid setting... and MacBeth is certainly a resource of things that would go along. Plus, it's one of the few Shakespeare plays that I have actually seen. 

Ghostwish

Hells, I stopped receiving emails about updated threads for some reason. I do hate glitches, I do.

Kobra - Ahhh, yes, I forgot about the older languages, which are still very much in use, aren't they? Well, if it ain't broke.. But anyway, seeing how I plan on going in as a game designer, and will hence be using more of the 'modern' languages, you can see where I get a bit irked needing higher-tier mathematical skill..

Well, I suppose if I ever decide to moonlight as an astronomer..

Corgatha Taldorthar

Going to my grandparents for Pesach, might not e able to write much for the next few days.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

um, 2 questions,

#1: anyone seen Redeyesoul?

#2: would garis have picked up on anything that was conversed between brady and the others?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Noone

Redeyessoul's last login date was March 28th, from her most recent post she said she was having internet issues. Albeit, I would have thought they would have been corrected by now. (Maybe not)

As for question 2, it really depends on the range of Garis's thought reading, I figure it's a floor and a few hallways away, certainly quite some distance, plus there's the interference from everyone else in the bar. Personally, I think it would be a bit of a stretch but not entirely impossible.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I think we need to come to some sort of decision here. It's been almost 2 weeks since we've seen Redeyessoul. What are we going to do once we have to move?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Noone

Yeah... I really don't know what to do myself, she said in her edit that she would be out for 3 days or so. I do have a few options available to me, though I'll admit, I really don't like the look of them.
I could simply boot, though that isn't really fair if she does come back. Letting it lie isn't a great option, I could send a PM, but I think that's infringing on privacy, and she might not respond.

One option I came up with, is, if she's not back by the time you guys depart, have her character go her separate ways (and there is perfect incentive to do that, since, I haven't made any indication that she was included in the bounty.), and then, when/if she comes back, I can engineer a scenario where she gets back in the group. It's one of the more stable options I can think of, but I don't exactly feel comfortable controlling another person's character like that.

We could just assume she's silently milling along with the rest of you once you guys leave. Again, I don't exactly feel comfortable controlling someone's character like that, and it leaves the problem of having an inactive character for an unspecified amount of time.

I'm not really sure what I should do, though I feel the time for me to make a decision is approaching fast. If any of you have any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

Azlan

Yeah, Tyrian took Kassin with him into the other room... just an FYI.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Noone

Redeyessoul still hasn't logged on since the 28th.., if anyone has any objections with what I plan to do below, please let me know.

Essentially, I think that, once the group leaves Kyirri's house, Kshar won't go with you(if Redeyessoul isn't back by then). She'll stay with Kyirri, go somewhere else, doesn't really matter. She has some obvious disincentive to going, because it could put her in extreme danger, and I haven't given indication that she is in danger yet (which would be incentive to stay). If/when she comes back, I can engineer a scenario to have her come back in, and if she doesn't... well... then she's gone.

I'm not entirely comfortable doing this... but I think it's the best option as-is.

Ghostwish

*pummels Azlan mercilessly* NO NO NO, I will NOT wear tights and shoot a bow! NO!

XD

Azlan

Quote from: Ghostwish on April 19, 2009, 02:58:58 PM
*pummels Azlan mercilessly* NO NO NO, I will NOT wear tights and shoot a bow! NO!

XD

I was thinking you'd be better off as the fat, hobbit servant Sam...

Ghostwish

Do I LOOK like a punching bag!?!

... don't answer that..

Corgatha Taldorthar

Why, why why did you have to open the LOTR can of worms?

Quote from: Azlan on April 19, 2009, 03:04:15 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on April 19, 2009, 02:58:58 PM

XD

I was thinking you'd be better off as the fat, hobbit servant Sam...

If you stop and think, Sam is arguably the least affected by the ring and is also possibly the most heroic character in the fellowship. He's the most steadfast, the most human, the one for whom no detail is too small to notice (who else would have mentioned that they forgot to bring rope?) Sam certainly accomplishes more than Legolas.

But I still call Aragorn

Ghostwish

Oh very true. Tolkien entered him as the embodiment of friendship and loyalty, really. And.. I think the representative of some country in WWII, but I forget which.

Doesn't change the fact he routinely got the snot beat out of him. XD

Corgatha Taldorthar

He kills Shelob......... The only time I can recall him being beaten up is by the wights, which were a little out of the hobbits class.

Lisky

can i be sauron then?

just so i can use the line:
"MAKE ME A SANDWHICH WORTHY OF SAURON"

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ghostwish

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 19, 2009, 07:44:03 PM
Quote from: The1Kobra on April 19, 2009, 05:50:06 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 19, 2009, 03:37:37 PM
But I still call Aragorn
Too bad, I'm making you Saruman :P
How am either I or Kedered in any way like Saruman?

Well, that would beg the question how is Zanfib anything like Sam? ^_^

Lisky

sorry for the excessively vague post... without having redeyes hear i didn't feel it would be proper to do anything else... it gets Garis set for transition whenever your ready, and it gives a good idea of what he's up to as well.

Noone

I've removed Redeyessoul from the active players list, I suppose if she comes back I can engineer a way to get her back in.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Azlan

Sorry for the absence, but the last month has been very busy.  I have now become the sole technical contact between our new international offices in Germany, Japan, Singapore and Australia... which has led to some rather obnoxious hours.  I haven't had the energy to do much of anything.

Noone

That's fine Az, it's perfectly understandable. RL first.
On another note, I've recently taken to fighting off a sore throat, complete with a runny nose, a cough, and napping for 3 hours at a time. I'll try to keep things running though.

Noone

Minor DM update:
I've (mostly) gotten over whatever I've had. I might be a bit busy for the next few weeks though, but I should be able to keep things running, hopefully anyways.

techmaster-glitch

hello there. I don't really know this RP, I never bothered to look any closer at it or read it in-depth, but I seem to have an obsession with proper character indexes. You have one, but it lacks leeeenks...even though all but one character is on the first page.

So, to blow 5 minutes, here's a character sheet with links that you can replace in the first post!

Active Players:
Basilisk2150--Garis Ahnasazi
Corgatha Taldorthar--Kedered Aldoraethar
Azlan--Tyrian Xuledo
Tipod--Rafielle Thom'sen
Ghostwish--Zanfib Black

(though, you may want to verify the links first. As I've said in The City, direct-message links aren't working for me so I can't verify them myself)

Noone

Thanks tech, the links work for me, I'll add them to the main post shortly.

On a side note, IC thread seems pretty locked up... *poke poke*. I suppose I could just transition to the next RP-day if no one has anything else they want their characters to do.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I do have more stuff that I want Ked to do, but I don't really want to double post in the IC thread........

Tipod

Sorry about my inactivity here, guys. I've just been dealing with college and am realizing just how mismanaged this whole campus is.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Corgatha Taldorthar

Does anyone have anything they want their characters to do before we rest? I want to have Ked tap in on Kassin's dreams, but I don't want to just fastforward the scene to reesting.