01/11/09 [DMFA #963] - WHAT. THE. HECK?

Started by Sunblink, January 11, 2009, 06:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

superluser

Quote from: Wanderer on January 12, 2009, 05:20:04 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on January 12, 2009, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2009, 12:34:32 PM...either that, or it's some pretty diagram Amber posted to mess with our heads.
You have no idea how tempted I was to make two of the parent dots the same gender somewhere. :U
DO IT! DO IT!  :mowhappy

Don't say I never gave you nothing.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 12, 2009, 05:05:48 PM
I find it interesting how many people assume "maid", even when specifically told otherwise in her bio.
That's precisely what it does say.  Though I'm not sure it did yesterday.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2009, 06:29:07 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 12, 2009, 05:05:48 PMI find it interesting how many people assume "maid", even when specifically told otherwise in her bio.
That's precisely what it does say.  Though I'm not sure it did yesterday.

Another possibility is that llearch is seeing a different page than we are.  Have you checked the .htaccess file for traps recently?

(It's been a while since I made a joke this bad.  Please don't hurt me.)

Tiger_T

:boogie Regina! :3

Aww, Lorenda is in a s#!tty mood right now, isn't she?

'Tis gonna be an interesting story to hear about; how Regina was able to almost kill the evil that is Wildy. :P

@ Superluser:
Err.. Okay.. But I don't think Kria is male. :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Kenji

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 12, 2009, 06:59:46 PM
@ Superluser:
Err.. Okay.. But I don't think Kria is male. :rolleyes

It's a trap.
(Why else would Dan erk at "her"?)

Dagardo

I really have no clue what that chart is supposed to mean. So I understand nothing that it has to do with. But I will say it's nice to finally see Regina again after 575 pages. And to have info on her in the cast pages.

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 12, 2009, 05:05:48 PM
I find it interesting how many people assume "maid", even when specifically told otherwise in her bio.

Perhaps people aren't reading the cast page? Perhaps they're not paying attention?

Maybe they're just thick? Who knows...

I'll take option 3 for 200...

Jack McSlay

apparently, if she had a one-day kingdom, she would have a lot of people killed, Lorenda included.

It is also quite unusual, a girl whose looks seems very goth-oriented yet has a girlified room
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

senrath

Quote from: Dagardo on January 12, 2009, 09:23:26 PM
I really have no clue what that chart is supposed to mean. So I understand nothing that it has to do with. But I will say it's nice to finally see Regina again after 575 pages. And to have info on her in the cast pages.
That chart is a family tree that more than likely shows the relation between Lorenda, Kria, DP, and Regina.  Unless Amber is messing with us.

Rakala

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2009, 04:22:32 PM
Except that those colors are not shared by Kria, so they may have come from Lorenda's father.
However the unnamed male dot that is probably Lorenda's father is on the other side of the tree and is not shared in the demon tree. So yeah...

Naldru

Quote from: Kenji on January 12, 2009, 05:57:59 PM
Quote from: Naldru on January 12, 2009, 05:43:09 PM
Quote from: Kenji on January 12, 2009, 05:25:56 PM
I bet the black dots are spawn points.
I think the black dots are ancestors unknown.

Sense of humor much?
Contrary to public opinion, engineers do have a sense of humor.  The various Star Trek shows had wonderful comedians that rank with the greatest of all time.  Whenever I see Spock, Seven of Nine, Data, or Odo, I just can't stop laughing.

However, the idea of the black dots being spawn points would imply that the chart represented geographical relationships rather than ancestral relationships.  That just didn't seem logical.  You must understand that engineers have a hard time understanding that statements are supposed to be absurd.  The universe is already so absurd, that everything else seems like a reasonable question.

However, I will leave one of my clocks blinking twelve o'clock so that the environment will seem familiar.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Damaris

Quote from: Rakala on January 12, 2009, 09:56:45 PM
However the unnamed male dot that is probably Lorenda's father is on the other side of the tree and is not shared in the demon tree. So yeah...

Isn't that because Lorenda's father was not a demon?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

superluser

Quote from: Rakala on January 12, 2009, 09:56:45 PMHowever the unnamed male dot that is probably Lorenda's father is on the other side of the tree and is not shared in the demon tree. So yeah...

My point was essentially that they might have gotten those traits from two unrelated ancestors, since the trait is not shared by Kria.  Or Aliph, for that matter.

I do believe I admitted that I thought it more likely to be a recessive gene shared by a common ancestor.

Kenji

Quote from: Naldru on January 12, 2009, 11:13:32 PM
However, the idea of the black dots being spawn points would imply that the chart represented geographical relationships rather than ancestral relationships.  That just didn't seem logical.  You must understand that engineers have a hard time understanding that statements are supposed to be absurd.  The universe is already so absurd, that everything else seems like a reasonable question.

However, I will leave one of my clocks blinking twelve o'clock so that the environment will seem familiar.

*Yawns* Video game references. Much better than Star Trek. Demons always come from spawn points.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Damaris on January 12, 2009, 11:30:54 PM
Quote from: Rakala on January 12, 2009, 09:56:45 PM

Isn't that because Lorenda's father was not a demon?

That's not necessarily the reason it's black. There's no indication anywhere yet that their family as shown has any other beings in it, all we know of in that way is Lorenda's father. The way I see it, the black dots with ellipses are just a cut off point to keep the chart to a small size while saying there's more in that direction (whether identities are known or not).
Besides, her father is the blue dot on the left, the black dot going up a step is the intersection point to his parents, not an individual.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Giovanni Gabrieli - Canzon XIII (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kipiru

Is it just me or does Lorenda's horns look bigger and more demon-like here?!

Aleolus

Quote from: Kipiru on January 14, 2009, 11:40:38 AM
Is it just me or does Lorenda's horns look bigger and more demon-like here?!

Probably a side effect of her being so angry she could spit, and wanting her mother to just be normal for a few minutes.

AmigaDragon

Really? I didn't see much difference between this strip and the ones before the Abel/Jyrras baking session. If they are getting bigger, maybe we're now looking forward to Hornzilla. :mowmeep
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

!KCA

Where did people get the idea that pink hair is a recessive trait? Even Al's mop is a sort of light salmon. Kria's the only known family member with "dark" hair.

Tyranastrasz

On the demon side of the family, anyway.

Lego3400

I always thought that Lorendas hair was what happens when you mix deamon gentics with Being Genetics. A lighter color or something I dunno.

AmigaDragon

Creature genetics (demon, cubi, angel, etc.), not being genetics, is where you get the odd colorations, as was said elsewhere (I'm too lazy to look it up this late at night). That is, barring any artificial colorings by barbers, beauty parlours and DIY kits.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: John Playford - Paul's Steeple & Stingo (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

Rakala

Wait, didn't the picture of Lorenda's backstory have a picture of Lorenda's dad in it? I'm pretty sure he had brown hair.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rakala on January 15, 2009, 07:31:06 AM
Wait, didn't the picture of Lorenda's backstory have a picture of Lorenda's dad in it? I'm pretty sure he had brown hair.

He was a Being - presumably.

See Lego3400's post, Tyranastrasz's post, Damaris' post, Rakala's post, etc...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 15, 2009, 07:51:37 AM
Quote from: Rakala on January 15, 2009, 07:31:06 AM

He was a Being - presumably.

See Lego3400's post, Tyranastrasz's post, Damaris' post, Rakala's post, etc...
Or the part of the comic that explains how a carnivorous cow could come into existence.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I was a glancing back through the archives when I came across this comic Now, at the time, I had wondered who "D'R" was, but shunted it into the back of my consciousness. Now I'm thinking albiet aided with ex post facto eyeglasses if "D'R" is Darkblood, Regina. Of course, that would imply that Demons, or at least Kria puts the surname before the lastname, or maybe it's just some weird thing that Regina herself does.

Anyone else have thoughts?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Elieana

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 12, 2009, 12:26:14 PM

I would laugh, so hard, if Dan and Destania were in there somewhere >_>

Probably not, since I don't see where they could fit, unless I'm overlooking something. However, who else agrees that would be an AWESOME plot twist? ;D