Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2007, 11:42:48 AM
Arrest...?  That would be a trick.  Jakob is useless at fighting and he doesn't even want to, but he's damn good at running away.  Some kind of countermagic charm would work, though.
Well, if you cooperate, I'll give ya 50% of the bounty money. :P

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 16, 2007, 11:43:41 AMAnd welcome back, James!  Finally another FC oldbie.   :3
Whoo hoo! I'm an oldbie! Heh heh... Thanks!

masked_bandit_lord

Name: Nyfe Bikirivar Raxolith
Nickname(s): "Nyfe" "Bicker"
Race: Mythos
Species: Battle-Tail (bipedal saurian)
Family and Association(s): Father (Spire Raxolith), Mother (Scimitria Raxolith), Brothers (9), Sisters (25)
Place of Origin: The Armory Plains. A sprawling, massive expanse of grassland in Furrae's south.

Physical description

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Build: Lithe and very strong. Battle-Tails may not look heavy at first glance, but their bones are extremely dense, as are their muscles, thus making them heavier than they appear.
Eyes: He has six. Four on his face, and two less sensitive ones on his back which can only see vague shadows, they are all colored brilliant, acid, green.
Hair: Black, kept in a long braid.
Scale Coloration: Dark forest green.
Distinguishing features: He has a repeating pattern of a pair of eyes running down his spine starting from the two functional ones and continuing down from there. He has four head tentacles, each one ending in a small blade. These usually wrap behind his head. Like all members of his species, he has a heavy but highly dexterous prehensile tail which is tipped with a weapon-like growth. His weapon is just a simple, single edged blade. His teeth are sharp (like all members of his species), and his only article of clothing is a brown pair of pants.

Biographical and general information

History: Nyfe the only male sibling of the the latest brood birthed by his mother. Like all Battle-Tail children, he was trained in martial combat from the time he could walk. This is not  because Battle-Tails are an inherently warlike race (not anymore anyway), but rather because Battle-Tail tradition centers around fighting. For a battle-tail, few things are more relaxing than practicing attack forms, shadowboxing, and sparring. Even the most peaceful-minded among them practice a sort of Tai-Chi (which is basically a way of slowing down the usual combat forms). Nyfe has only recently left his home to explore the world, and is the only member of his family who has shown any inclination to wander out of his grassland home. He has taken up work as an adventurer in order to put his singular racial talents to good use.

Personality: Nyfe is goodhearted, cheery, and happy-go-lucky. He is also, unfortunately, rather naive about life outside of his home on the Armory Plains. As such, several social graces are lost on him, and he tends to think that a fight is the best way to solve any social arguments (since, for his people, fights are the most polite way to solve social issues). This isn't to say that he enjoys harming others, it's just the way he was raised. For him, battle is language all on it's own, and doesn't necessarily mean he is angry at somebody. His lack of social aptitude aside, he is a loyal, trustworthy, and gentle soul.

Abilities: Nyfe has limited all-around vision. It is very difficult to sneak up behind him, or to catch him off gaurd. He also has an inborn resistance to elemental magic (except ice), and a knack for minor earth magics.

Strengths: Brave, loyal, and a skilled fighter. He is powerfully built, and stronger than your average being. He also has quite strong willpower, and is sorely remiss to give up on anything he starts. He also has a talent for understanding others.

Weaknesses: Naive. Though he is a skilled fighter, he lacks real-world combat experience. Tends to trust the words of others very easily. A poor magic user, except for minor earth magic. And he has an inborn weakness against ice magic.

Trivia: His favorite food is the humble marshmallow.

He finds dancing almost as relaxing as fighting, and is a talented break-dancer.

He hates liars.

He likes T-Bone Steaks.

Tapewolf

Just FYI people, I've got the keys to my new house and I'm going to handle most of the move over the weekend.  IOW, I'm most likely going to miss whatever happens in the RP between now and Monday morning (knowing my luck it'll be the temple segment - and I have a few questions to put to the Oracles).  :rolleyes

That's not a dead cert - I might sneak back into the old house with my laptop to use the DSL connection until it goes down on Monday - but just so you know  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Gareeku

masked_bandit_lord

Yech. A move. At the risk of sounding redundant. Good luck with the move. I just finished one of my own not too long ago.

The boxes... they still haunt my dreams...

Anyway, on a side note. There's my character. I notice not many people make Mythos characters. That's a real shame.

Gabi

Would you rather have mythos walking around everywhere? They're not among the most widely seen races.

Of course, I have nothing against having a few around.

And I might as well join the wagon: good luck with the move, JP!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Stygian

Move with good luck, man... *draws back on his rolled cig, gives Tapes an odd little... something, and some jellybeans, and then hides in a large beard*

Gabi

Tapewolf

Thanks for the luck, people.  Since my mocing stuff doesn't really belong here, I've made a thread for it in the Villa here, complete with a link to my (hopefully amusing) log of what's been happening:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2221.msg91686#msg91686

Quote from: Gabi on February 16, 2007, 07:09:30 PM
Did I miss anyone? And where is Arc now?

He's gone again, but since he was going to threaten to kill the Oracles I'm guessing he'll be at the temple next.

masked_bandit_lord

Quote from: Gabi on February 16, 2007, 06:57:14 PM
Would you rather have mythos walking around everywhere? They're not among the most widely seen races.
Okay, that's true.

Can you imagine a world populated by Matilda Kissriss's?

There would never be another pancake as long as you lived. Ever.

Ignore my lame attempt at humor. I'm going to go slap myself now.  :U *gurgle*

Arcalane

Quote from: Gabi on February 16, 2007, 07:09:30 PM
Did I miss anyone? And where is Arc now?

He wandered off ahead of the group, but you could probably catch up if you ran after him. Anya's already gone back to SAIA.

Also;

"Hey, I never threatened to kill them. I threatened to shoot them. Despite common misconception, people can survive being shot."

That and he'd rather not have any dealings with them in the first place.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on February 17, 2007, 08:29:26 AM
"Hey, I never threatened to kill them. I threatened to shoot them. Despite common misconception, people can survive being shot."

Threatening to kill them often gets better results, though  >:3

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2007, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on February 17, 2007, 08:29:26 AM

Threatening to kill them often gets better results, though  >:3

"True, but pain is also persuasive. Put them in enough of it, and you'll have them begging you to end it." >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on February 17, 2007, 03:21:12 PM
"pain is also persuasive. Put them in enough of it, and you'll have them begging you to end it." >:3

While that would be a radically new, innovative and probably quite effective way of questioning the Phoenix Oracles, I'm not sure I'd actually like to see it happen >:3

On the other hand, Gabi is a healer - I wonder if good cop/bad cop would work? :P

Stygian

I prefer bad cop/worse cop. Not to mention, you might recieve unexpected interpretation help...

But I always valued solid clues more than prophecies or mystical hints and references.

Gabi

Especially the ones that come from Phoenix Oracles. I can play good cop alright, if there's a general agreement.

masked_bandit_lord

Even with death threats those guys seem to be intentionally vague.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2007, 03:40:52 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on February 17, 2007, 03:21:12 PM
"pain is also persuasive. Put them in enough of it, and you'll have them begging you to end it." >:3

While that would be a radically new, innovative and probably quite effective way of questioning the Phoenix Oracles, I'm not sure I'd actually like to see it happen >:3

On the other hand, Gabi is a healer - I wonder if good cop/bad cop would work? :P

Well, I wouldn't go so far as describing it, obviously. I'm not quite that cruel. But still, for those of you who enjoy such things, I recommend reading this although perhaps not in front of small children. It's quite funny, but there are a few bits that some may find offputting as they get somewhat descriptive of what happens with the various devices. Particularly the Holy Star.

Still, a little excerpt from the end;

Quote"No, keep it going," Dranera replied. "Might make a nice instructional for our recruits. I'm curious as to what traps-ah, I do believe he ... yes ... took a left there, so that should put him right into-"

There was a crackle from the speakers, and the screens flashed a blinding white. When they returned to normal, all they showed was a small pile of ashes on the floor, right where Forte had been a moment before.

"Shame. I was rather looking forward to watching him dodge a few more of those," Dranera said. "Oh well. Send someone to sweep up, will you?"

Tapewolf

Just in case anyone thinks this blood-cookie business is a cheap rip from Abel's Story, Jakob has always had a rather carnivorous streak (those who read CJP might remember the dog-chews).

As Jakob points out, there are a lot of traditional recipes that use blood.  Black Pudding is one (no, I haven't had it and I don't really want to).  Medieval communities often did this too - in The Name Of The Rose the monks were intending to make blood pudding (until a dead monk gets left in it).

Since Furrae is technologically patchy, there are likely to be rural communities which still do this as part of their everyday life - evidently Gabi and Gareeku aren't well-travelled enough to have come across them yet.
Of course Jakob does have the dubious advantage of having grown up in a time and place where this sort of thing was the only way to live.

Gabi

I know black pudding, it's quite common here. Not blood cookies, though.

As for my character, she hasn't really experienced life in rural communities for more than a few hours occasionally.

Gareeku

Same with Gareeku, really.

And black pudding is digusting. At least I think so.

masked_bandit_lord

Have you ever had a haggis?

Now there's something disgusting for ya.

Tapewolf

Quote from: masked_bandit_lord on February 18, 2007, 11:33:03 AM
Have you ever had a haggis?

Now there's something disgusting for ya.

Along with blood pudding and silca gel, haggis is also on my 'do not eat' list.  Jakob on the other hand, is ultimately descended from a carnivore (and possibly more recently if there's some Angel in him).

[So that's where the wireless doorbell went...]

Stygian

There's a reason why my char is a vampire bat. Blood is healthy food; nutritious, and full of nice hemoglobin for you to absorb. Not to mention it tastes great.

Gareeku

I think that's a matter of opinion, Styg.

And yes, I've had haggis before. It isn't stomach meat. Its just mincemeat wrapped up in a sheep's stomach. You don't eat the stomach.

Arcalane

Quote from: Stygian on February 18, 2007, 01:41:13 PM
There's a reason why my char is a vampire bat. Blood is healthy food; nutritious, and full of nice hemoglobin for you to absorb. Not to mention it tastes great.

Haemogoblins!  :U

Also, Styg, from the Rules;

QuoteSpeaking of, though, the OOC thread are there for major discussion. If you need to do more than make a quick, out of game, comment, then go to the OOC thread. On the flip, don't sit in the OOC threads and treat them like lounges. If you want to just randomly talk, go do it in the General Discussion forum

:P

James StarRunner

Err... so are we going to have a picnic or race over to the temple before Arc turns the oracles into swiss cheese? And why can't I stop thinking about food now?

Aisha deCabre

You're not alone man...it's dinnertime for me over here right now.  XD

I guess the Oracles are a higher priority.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Seeing how everyone seems to be hungry, eating something may be a good idea. It shouldn't take too long, right? And it'll be best not to face whatever comes next on an empty stomach.