Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Gareeku wasn't pleased with Jakob because he thought he had consumed the guy's soul, not to mention leading to the girl's suicide.

Gabi

Gabi didn't feel comfortable with that idea either, but she assumed he was bluffing. Which turned out to be true.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on March 16, 2007, 12:24:38 PM
Gareeku wasn't pleased with Jakob because he thought he had consumed the guy's soul, not to mention leading to the girl's suicide.

Yeah, well Gareeku hasn't exactly given him much of a chance to explain that.  But for the record, he was trying to crack her mind shield and she obviously wasn't as tough a nut to crack as he'd expected  >:3

When the original Furrae Chronicles story resumes, Jakob is liable to go ballistic when he discovers that Gareeku has been eating entire souls, even involuntarily, since that's the one evil which he refuses to contemplate.

I've been assuming that this has happened and they've made peace with each other - Gareeku didn't really have much choice, after all - but I had also been acting on the assumption that Gareeku knew Jakob would never do it himself.
(It's also questionable as to whether anyone has the ability to tell if Jakob did anything to Jonathon's soul at all...)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Would Keaton being a soul-eater be too inconvenient? I solemnly swear that she won't be god-moddish.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Gareeku

I don't think anyone knows what really happened to Jonathon's soul. Gareeku doesn't know it. He just assumed. After all, Cubi are good actors, and therefore it would be a pretty convincing bluff.

So let me get this straight; Gareeku hates his himself for the nature of his transformation, and cannot control what he does at all, yet Jakob would still hate him for it? Riiiight...Just expect Gareeku to go ballistic in return when Jakob lectures him.

And no it won't be inconvenient, Keaton. I trust you not to be god-moddish.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on March 16, 2007, 01:21:08 PM
So let me get this straight; Gareeku hates his himself for the nature of his transformation, and cannot control what he does at all, yet Jakob would still hate him for it? Riiiight...

Yes, that's about the size of it.  'Cubi are highly emotional creatures, and Jakob is liable to go mental before it really sinks in to him that Gareeku wasn't in control of himself.

Part of it is that Jakob was tempted to eat someone's soul (the two assassins in Chapter 22 of CJP, referenced in the FC story as well) and he's ashamed of it - so ashamed that he utterly refuses to contemplate it, much like killing their bodies put him off violence.

His reaction when he finds out that Gareeku did eat people's souls would be a form of guilt-transference.

QuoteJust expect Gareeku to go ballistic in return when Jakob lectures him.
Indeed.  It's going to be a bit rocky until Jakob starts to look at rationally again.

**EDIT**

When all it said and done, how Jakob reacts depends on how he finds out.
If he came across Gareeku sobbing uncontrollably or babbling to himself about how he couldn't stop it (think Abel after Devin and Xander are murdered), he is going to be sympathetic and supportive, or horrified but recognising that it wasn't Gareeku's fault.  But I think the time for that approach has come and gone.

As far as I can see, it's more likely that he's going to find out that Gareeku has eaten souls before Gareeku has a chance to point out that it wasn't by choice - e.g. an offhand comment by James, who witnessed it - in which case Jakob is going to latch onto the fact that he did it rather than any explanation or extenuating circumstances... at least until he calms down.

Gareeku

Very good points. Shuld be an interesting conversation regardless. X3

Somber

Question from a new person... is it still possible to join or do you have enough fresh faces to deal with?

"Just wondering."

Somber

Tapewolf

James raises a point - is it Daniel or Edward?  Or Destania and her end-the-dragon-race affair?
We don't know how any of those turned out, but my personal opinion is that Amber's planned ending for DMFA is with Dan entering SAIA full-time.

**EDIT**

http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Daryil_Clan

**EDIT EDIT**
Just noticed I wrote "'Cubi only usually have a surname".  This is a typo.  It should either have been "only usually have a forename" or "only usually have a single name".

Aisha deCabre

Ooookay, GabrielsThoughts...need we remind people that one would need to post here first if they want to join in on this thing?  o.O
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Not to mention taking control of others' characters and actions like that is very rude. And while I have no problem with rudeness I do have problems with flaws developing out of shit like that, so go and fetch a f*ing clue from the cabinet.

Tapewolf

I think he's just being facetious.  Nonetheless I'm not looking forward to when Gareeku sees it.

To put it more politely, there is a time and a place for everything, and that wasn't either...

RJ

RJ

Tapewolf

Quote from: RJ on March 19, 2007, 01:53:40 AM
I don't even know where I am, let alone everyone else.  :doh

Wandering lost within the temple, I'd say, although no-one has noticed your (and presumably Ephrael's) absence.

After sleeping on last night's post, I figured I could do a better job of it, so I've re-edited mine a bit.  Although as no-one else has posted since it hardly matters.

Somber

I suppose if he hasn't been on to reply on the story thread then I'll just have to be patient.

"Que sera sera..."

Somber

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel just gave someone directions to the dining hall. Any new or lost RP members can feel free to follow them.  :)
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

Gareeku

Stygian

And I propose that we pursue some path to pave around this our lapse of latent laxity. Lest we linger, I believe we no longer have to wait and vex, our will to work and what makes all this worthwhile vanishing...

Gareeku, you know what to do?

Paladin Sheppard

I'm gonna try and come back in but I'm so horbly horbly lost...

Gareeku

What happened to the day where people read posts to catch up? Jesus Christ...

Ok, in short? We've got to the Phoenix temple. It's been revealed to everybody about Gareeku's condition thanks to the first meeting with one of the phoenix oracles. that has now passed, and the group are now having dinner after meeting some somewhat shady characters, all of which are in fact Stygian, but the group doesn't know that.

Happy?

Tapewolf

And no-one else in the group knows where Ephrael is.  Or Blaze, apparently.  They are presumed to be wandering lost in the temple.

Gareeku

That too, though Mel did actually find them.

You know what? I'm just going to take control of people's characters to get this sorted.

EDIT: Ok, I've made it so they're now in the dining room. Happy-happy, joy-joy.

Gabi

As long as the players are ok with it... Thanks for sorting things out.

Come to think of it, where is RJ?

Gareeku

Gabi

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on March 30, 2007, 01:26:38 PM
   Well outside in the half-lit corridor, the feline dissappeared, almost in between steps. Only a clerk caught a glance of his vanishing, and not seeing clearly thought he had just seen a shadow. No one, not even the oracles themselves, could have told more than that.

That's something Demons can do by default, but not Angels - since they are light-based and demons are dark-based.  I'm taking it to mean that Ignatz knows dark magic too, which means he really knows his sh_t magic-wise.

**EDIT**
In other words, I'm dead impressed.

Nikki

*nods* Will i be allowed to bring Xze back in soon? as soon as a i see a plot-hoop to jump through?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3