7/12/06 - On the road again

Started by bill, July 11, 2006, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowne

Quote from: ITOS on July 12, 2006, 06:45:53 AMI don't know, I like Merl because he was... relatively normal, compared to many of the other characters. It's good to have that contrast.

True enough, true enough.  Though there's always Alexsi for that level of normality.  Aside from wielding a gigantic mallet at things, she does seem relatively normal, compared to the rest of the cast.

Then again, it might be funny to see a side-story of Merlitz's "straight arrow" reactions to the adventuring scene as it is today.  It'd be amusing to see a new adventuring guild in Furrae with all sorts of silly rules and regulations.

"Well, you can't simply wander around asking people to join you.  We have to sit here and hold up this LFG sign."
"BUT...WHY?!"
"Because asking people to join you is wrong, it's just not done!  Now either hold up this LFG sign."
"So what's this AFK sign?"
"Oh, that one tells people that it's okay to rob you, manhandle you and do pretty much whatever they please in and around your personal space, it's to declare your total apathy towards everything and that you cannot be taken into a group."
". . ."

Meech

Woo Hoo!  First post! :peace

Anyway.

I can see Abel as a straight man in the comic.  I also don't see Abel and Merlitz getting along regardless of the card.  Abel living where Merlitz works would lead to many conflicts between them.  Merlitz's man points took a critical hit when his girlfriend saved his bum from Abel at the SAIA.  The first monster he faced off against at the SAIA nailed him to the floor and then taunted him like a four year old.  As a reputable adventurer, that's gotta sting.  Abel would constantly be bringing that up with his personality.  It seems to me that Merlitz needs to take on some adventures to get some confidence back.  The time away from Abel won't hurt either.