Fi's profile

Started by Lego3400, November 01, 2008, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

QuoteBy the time Fi did return, Fa'Lina had already summoned a new warp-aci, causing Fi's original moniker as Fa'Lina clan to be null
*Blinks* Does that say what I think it says?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 01, 2008, 09:41:50 PM
QuoteBy the time Fi did return, Fa'Lina had already summoned a new warp-aci, causing Fi's original moniker as Fa'Lina clan to be null
*Blinks* Does that say what I think it says?

What, that Fa'Lina is a clan all to herself, that Warp-Aci have the clan logo on their forehead, or that Fi used to belong to Fa'Lina?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Lego3400

The former. It makes it sound like that anyways.  We still don't know who founded the clan but they're still alive. The way it's phrased though makes it seem like... I mean we always phrase Dan's Clan as Cyra Clan. This is phrased the same way.

(Though it makes me wonder what one does to found a clan <.<))

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Fa'Lina founded her clan.

Only, being a clan founder, as I understand it, means you can't personally have any more children. And after she reached her hallowed position, the entire rest of her clan was exterminated.

This is all old news, I thought. I'm pretty sure it's public (ish) knowledge?

Lego3400

K. That makes me wonder how one founds a clan now...

VSMIT

I'd think you'd have to infer it from all of the other information (such as Abel's Cubi history lesson).

To found a clan, you'd probably have to be either very powerful (like Fa'Lina or Cyra), or very ambitious (like Aniz).

Lego3400

Well clearly. But there has to be some sort of process involved. I was wondering if Amber has ever divulged any info on that bit

VSMIT

Well, if she has, I haven't seen it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 01, 2008, 10:01:58 PM
Well clearly. But there has to be some sort of process involved. I was wondering if Amber has ever divulged any info on that bit

Be aware that at least some of the info she has divulged has been restricted, and we are deliberately not stating all that we know. Not least, there's at least two pages on the server that are specifically stated as "if you mention the contents of this page on the forum you will be banned", so we should probably just leave it there, yes? ;-]

Spoilers, y'know.

Kasarn

Like many rituals, the process of founding a Cubi Clan goes a bit like this:

You put your left wing in
You put your left wing out
You put your left wing in and you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey and you turn about
And that's what's it's all about

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 01, 2008, 10:09:22 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on November 01, 2008, 10:01:58 PM

Be aware that at least some of the info she has divulged has been restricted, and we are deliberately not stating all that we know. Not least, there's at least two pages on the server that are specifically stated as "if you mention the contents of this page on the forum you will be banned", so we should probably just leave it there, yes? ;-]

Spoilers, y'know.

*transforms into a monkey, jumps on boxen's back, and starts picking his brain*

Lego3400

I've read those pages (And realize how very close to the line we are treading.) It never mentions anything about the prosses of becoming a clan founder (Although something it did mention... YOU repeated here so the point of hiding that one thing at this point is moot)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 01, 2008, 11:24:10 PM
*transforms into a monkey, jumps on boxen's back, and starts picking his brain*

What brain?

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 02, 2008, 01:18:40 AM
I've read those pages (And realize how very close to the line we are treading.) It never mentions anything about the prosses of becoming a clan founder (Although something it did mention... YOU repeated here so the point of hiding that one thing at this point is moot)

That one thing was mentioned elsewhere as well, I'm pretty sure. Although I do recognise your point...

Tapewolf

Amber has said that a clan founder must be Tri-Winged.  However, she has also said that it's possible to create a clan without ascending in that manner.  My interpretation of this is that if you want to create a clan from scratch, you need the extra set of wings, but it's also possible to fork off your existing clan as a regular two-wing 'Cubi.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3268.msg141352.html#msg141352
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum1863.htm#ref4

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Kasarn on November 01, 2008, 10:17:49 PM

Like many rituals, the process of founding a Cubi Clan goes a bit like this:

Heresy! Every insanely-highly-powered 'Cubi knows the ritual is actually performed using the Birdie Dance!   :giggle ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Lego3400

Since we're in the area already here's another thing I wanna know. Where the frig are  the third wings on a founders body.  Ankles? Wrists? Waist? (Makes me think of Eternal Sailor Moon...) Second set on head?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 02, 2008, 11:00:12 AM
Since we're in the area already here's another thing I wanna know. Where the frig are  the third wings on a founders body.  Ankles? Wrists? Waist? (Makes me think of Eternal Sailor Moon...) Second set on head?

http://missmab.xepher.net/graphics/C_October.jpg
(That's hip-wings)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 02, 2008, 11:00:12 AM

The answer to that is on the aforementioned pages.

And also in various images that Amber has put up on MabsLand, I think. Sod if I can locate them, but I'm pretty sure the information is out there...

Edit:
Ah, thank-you, JP.

Lucheek

I wonder if they are Quad-Wings.

Jeeez....could a Quad Wing cubi even walk? How many wings could it go up t....

Oh my god.

Proginoskes is the most Powerful Cubi of the world.

Rakala

I am intrigued by the cubi, I'd really like to know more about how they work, but I know Amber is swamped with different works. Who knows, maybe alot of this will be mentioned in Abel's Story.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rakala on November 02, 2008, 10:41:37 PM
I am intrigued by the cubi, I'd really like to know more about how they work, but I know Amber is swamped with different works. Who knows, maybe alot of this will be mentioned in Abel's Story.

I get the feeling that a lot of it will be revealed as the storyline progresses.  Anyway, I and others have been trying to collect information about them on the DMFA wiki, which can be found here:
http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Cubi
...it's not guaranteed to be accurate of course, but we do try to back it up with citations.

GundamDragon

Well the 3rd wing set as a marker of right makes a lot of logic to me i know from what work i have done on dragon resarch that ween dragon clan are formed the founder is often vary old and has multiple wings,eyes and some times head, arms or tails. So its stand to reason that it is a mark of power. After all gray or Divine dragons all ways have 8 wing unless injured and 7 eyes.

I fixed the miss spellings ^^

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Do you suppose, GundamDragon, that you could, possibly, manage to run a spellchecker over your posts before you submit them?

Just a thought.

GundamDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 03, 2008, 09:35:12 AM
... Do you suppose, GundamDragon, that you could, possibly, manage to run a spellchecker over your posts before you submit them?

Just a thought.

Sorry forgot

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not that I'm trying to be objectionable or anything, but I haven't seen any of your posts that don't have egregious grammatical or spelling errors. In most cases, both.

We're not going anywhere, honest. Slow down, type a little more carefully, and think about your sentences a little. I promise you, it will make you much more understandable, and increase the chances of getting a response immeasurably. Other than a critical response, that is.

GundamDragon

Thanks i will but the grammar thing is cuz i never payed any mind to it back in school but i have always been a good writer ween i put my mind to it thoe that ant too often

Turnsky

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 01, 2008, 09:58:02 PM

Vicariously, through Pyroduck.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 03, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
Thanks i will but the grammar thing is cuz i never payed any mind to it back in school but i have always been a good writer ween i put my mind to it thoe that ant too often

Gundam, I'm going to put this simply.

Either be more careful, or the administration (that's me, and some others, in case you didn't read the rules) will be forced to take more drastic action to focus your attention. That means You Will Be Banned.

Seriously. Yes, we can, will, and have banned people for not bothering to speak coherently. The reason we give is that if you can't be bothered to be understandable, we can't be bothered to try figuring out what you're saying, and the easiest way to manage that is to simply remove the problem.

The choice is yours.

GundamDragon

Quote from: Turnsky on November 03, 2008, 10:25:53 AM
Quote from: Lego3400 on November 01, 2008, 09:58:02 PM

Vicariously, through Pyroduck.  >:3

I was trying to be funny with that last one -_-