Secret Santa 2008 [CLOSED]

Started by Zina, October 18, 2008, 11:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 24, 2008, 10:12:17 AM
Quote from: Zina on October 23, 2008, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on October 23, 2008, 11:23:36 AM
ive noticed a very high percentage of the people joining have a total of one post, did we used to have a 'you have to have been around X amount of time' clause?

No, "we" didn't.

If there was something wrong, I would say so.

I had only asked because three years ago i tried to join and you said i wasn't qualified as i had not been on the forum long enough

just showing concern for the ranks of newbies, and i deeply apologize for using the term 'we', i had meant the forum at large

I don't ever recall having a rule like that. Like Gorn said, this isn't on the forum only, and people I have never seen before have signed up on DA and FA, so I don't think I would make an exception for the forum.

Tiger_T

*shrugs*

Maybe it was another forum with a similar 'secret santa art trade' and he just misremembered.

Say, how many people do you have so far?
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Zina

144. Curse youuu Amber.

List has been updated: http://zinacat.deviantart.com/journal/21074670/ Check to see if I made any mistakes.

Amber Williams

Gabi

Wow... so many people! I wonder how many of those are lurkers.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Shadrok

It was fun doing this last year so sign me up.

Kim
A little about Kim, sort of a free spirit and at times a little naive (not stupid just out of the loop) she is also not much into sports. Her hobbies include repairing or inventing things, hang gliding, and star gazing. She is also the ship's mechanic aboard the Air pirate ship "The Azure Moon".

As for rating limit : PG-13

Rakala

Wow. 144. I don't envy whoever has to arrange who does what for who. Oh wait, that's Zina isn't it?  :< I'm sorry.

Jinni

I would like to join, give me something to do other then my video games i've been slacking off with.

As for the character, I'm pretty easy, if you want to do one of your own character thats fine, or just be creative and make a new one. I don't mind if the picture has nudity, but i would prefer if there wasn't any sex.

Zina

List has been updated: http://zinacat.deviantart.com/journal/21074670/

Sorry for not responding to PMs or notes or comments. Things have been...stressful. To put it lightly.

But I'm gonna get this done, you just watch me.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rt

Ooh, how time flies, I can feel that artistic twinge in my fingers now so I'll enter the overcrowded ring of doom once again.

Ideas to draw.
- For those wanting more of a set description, how about a white tiger character, animal, or anthro (female pref) drawer's choice. (If the drawer is finding black & white art tricky or just loves to colour standard orange-black is super as well). It's a tiger, so the typical colouring is white (or orange) with black stripes, black nose, gold/brown eyes. For anthro hair, i would probably go with some typical long hair style, not sure what colour goes with black/white other than more black or white, and red hair always goes well with orange-black tigers. There is no set references, or character specifics, so feel free to let your imagination be your guide, or choose whatever is 'typical' in your mind.
- For those wanting to stretch their artistic side, wolves, foxes, tigers, dragons. These are a few of my favourite things ;)

144+ Entries, Zina will need a big hat to put them all in, a good excuse to buy a sombrero!

llearch n'n'daCorna

She's putting them in a box instead...

Tezkat

Oops. Looks like I'm still on the missing reference list. :animesweat Ahem...

Most recent pic of yours truly (a.k.a. Edge Blackwind)

Older reference sketch (with description)

Out on the town in Italian mobster threads

Got a film noir thing going here

Cocky and vain, Edge often dons expensive suits to hunt down dangerous monsters. Feel free to be creative with poses or outfits. He tends to wear blacks, whites, rich purples and/or blues, with occasional dashes of deep reds or golds. The earrings and tail ring are always present. He's got a signature half-smile that reveals his fang when he grins, though you'll see a lot more teeth if he's really happy or upset. >:]

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Zina

And sign ups are closed.

For my own sanity, if nothing else.

If you've signed up but still haven't gotten your ref sheet in, you have until the 15th to do so.
If you signed up before this journal, you're in. I'll add your name to the list soon.

Thanks~!

Sofox

Quote from: rt on November 07, 2008, 04:21:54 PM
144+ Entries, Zina will need a big hat to put them all in, a good excuse to buy a sombrero!

Nah, Zina can just go to random.org. It has a list randomiser ( http://random.org/lists/ ) so all she has to do is put the list into the form, press a button to randomise it, then just go through the original and randomised list, pairing them off in order (assuming the randomised list doesn't leave any names in the same position).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Or, she can ask me, and I go and write some code last week to do the same thing, along with providing links to contact details and references, keeping track of who's responded, who's not supplied descriptions, and all the other interesting details.

*cough*

Although the generation code is undergoing some optimisations, I'll admit.

Sofox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 11, 2008, 10:22:24 AM
Or, she can ask me, and I go and write some code last week to do the same thing, along with providing links to contact details and references, keeping track of who's responded, who's not supplied descriptions, and all the other interesting details.

But does it do TRUE random.... ah forget it, I'm just bitter.

Zina, I aplogise for not doing this before, but there's something I'd like to add to my ref sheet. I previously said:
QuoteAs for myself... honestly I'm relaxed. Don't mind whether I get anything. I've been meaning to change my fursona but truthfully, I draw a blank whenever I try to figure out what the new design should be. I always thought my fursona should be a representation of my inner confidence; which, in retrospect, is probably telling as to why I can't come up with anything.
To that, I would like to add: "I do generally like foxes, the colour purple, and flight though. I know this isn't very detailed or anything, but like I said, I'm relaxed and since I don't have a clear idea in mind, I won't worry if the art I get defies expectations."
Thank you Zina for doing this and I hope appending this to my reference won't be too much trouble.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sofox on November 12, 2008, 09:39:32 AM
But does it do TRUE random.... ah forget it, I'm just bitter.

No, of course not. It's restricted to not matching the same user to themselves.

Other than that, it depends on the output of rand() under php on the server in question, which I consider to be "random enough for my purposes."

For other purposes, it may not be "random enough", however.

Darkmoon

Your thread title bothered me, Zina, so I fixed it.

Because it was full of fail.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

King Of Hearts

woah... totally forgot about this.

Sorry bout that, I was preoccupied with my enrollment.

Well, There's next year...

Zina

Sooooo my computer is awesome and decided to get a virus last night. Everything is cool now, but it stopped me from assigning the last bunch of Secret Santas. I have to go attend a conference(boooo) for two days, but I'll be back by Monday night/Tuesday morning to hand out the last remaining bunch. Sit tight!

Gabi

Just wondering... how's your computer doing?

And is this still up? I can always make a generic drawing, but if there's a way to know who the recipient of my drawing will be, it will be best.

Elieana

Is.... is this still going on? :( Can't do my drawing if I don't know who I'm drawing for D:

Zina

Give me a moment.
Things have been difficult lately.

Gabi

Zina

In light of the extremely late start this year(Seriously guys, I AM SO SORRY. It felt like one thing after another kept happening and sometime around two weeks ago, I sort of just...stopped functioning for a bit there) the new deadline is going to be JANUARY 23.
Sorry if this is inconvenient for anyone. If you've already finished your pic, and don't want to wait that long, feel free to send it to me and I'll make sure your  Secret Santa gets it.
Also, if there's still anyone that HASN'T been assigned a Secret Santa, LET ME KNOW ASAP.

Again, sorry for the late-ass start for some of you. I don't know what else to say other than I suck. =/

Jairus

Or that real life can get in the way of our best laid plans?

No worries, Zina. Thanks for the heads up!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Aisha deCabre

Thanks for the news, Zina, and no worries, real life gets the worst outta everyone.

And thanks for the extra time.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Brunhidden

It is actually quite convenient for me, for about the last week ive been netless and now i am both netless and computerless (posting on a library computer so you know) and thus i was going to say heads up as it may be a while until i can submit.

if anyone here comes across the two or three individuals who actually speak to me or give a cats fart about such tell them that i wish my computer was on fire, what has happened is slightly harder to repair.

well, better late then never, and i hope my apologies will be accepted
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.