Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

A few minutes later a bluish light flared in the darkened room and a blast of cold air stirred the coals in the fireplace. Mel stepped through and rather than the expanse of the spare room found herself bumping into the sooty brick inside of a fireplace. Luckily it was a large, old-fashioned fireplace sized to accommodate. Just as soon as she realized this she realized something else and with a yelp of pain jumped backwards and out, managing to crack her head on the mantel as she went. Despite seeing stars she was immediately picking at the cinders on one foot. One had still been live and it was burning into her. Cursing the whole while she managed to pick it out with her claws without burning her fingers at well. She produced a hunk of ice and applied it to the wound, cooling the injury before it corroded further into her foot.

As Mel sat on the hearth rug and waited for the ice to stop the injury she took in her surroundings. Gloomy, dusty living area, twitchy fox, her marker tossed into the fire, herself covered in nasty sticky soot and cinders with a burned foot. It seemed this version of Stygian had the same sensibilities as the last.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Gareeku

Through the night, Gareeku did not stir from his dreams; wonderful dreams which left a smile on his sleeping face. As Aisha had found, the night seemed to go incredibly quickly, and he didn't want it to end.

Feeling the soft light of the morning sun warm his face, the wolf slowly opened his eyes and, feeling the kiss and hearing the soft voice next to him, smiled lovingly at the pantheress. He could smell the pleasant scent of breakfast coming from another part of the house, as well as being able to hear to faint soft tunes of a piano being played.

"Mmmm, am I awake? It feels like I've stepped from one dream into another." he replied softly with a smile, returning the kiss tenderly as a quiet growl was heard, his tail wagging softly under the covers.

Stygian

"Ah, you're back!" The voice came from right behind the dragoness. Stygian had snuck up behind her, looking down on the perturbed reptilian with one of those grins that he seemed so good at. He was drying his damp fur with one towel, rustling through his shoulderlength blond hair, and dressed in another around his waist.
   "Really curious, that magic," he said, squinting a bit at her. "I'm really not that good at portals like that... My techniques are rather crude in comparison. But there were still some things that I could recognize." He went over to the table and placed his hand on the book, tapping it with his claws. "I can only guess at the target locale though. Where did you learn that?" he then said and turned against the dragoness, his eyes emitting just the faintest soft red glow.

Aisha deCabre

As she saw the peaceful smile upon his face, Aisha gazed upon him lovingly while starting to wake up a little more.  When Gareeku returned the kiss, there was a gentle purr sounded from the pantheress in reply to his growl.  She laughed quietly at his words, her hands brushing softly through his handsome black hair.  "I'd agree," she whispered, tenderly nuzzling his face before sitting up from the bed and stretching her limbs.

Out the window, the light of the sun was welcoming.  Any new day that Aisha saw was something of a blessing to her, especially considering the night that was left behind, which felt never-ending.  Even the mansion itself didn't feel so dark any longer.  She wondered just how long it would be before they would see such peace again.

Taking in the smell of breakfast from downstairs, Aisha turned to look at Gareeku with a grin, a little hesitant to get out of the warm bed.  "Well, mi amor, unless you want a pinch to get you out of this dream, What say we grab some breakfast before someone eats it all?"  She chuckled and stood up, starting to tie her hair back again.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel pulled the ice away from her foot and checked on the wound. "I went home for the night. Unlike the others I never intended to be away from home more than an hour or two." She grimaced, the wound was filthy and would need to be cleaned before she could use a healing spell. "As to where one learns magic, university is the usual place." Not quite a fib, she had gone to university, she had just confounded the magic instructors.

She sighed and got to her feet, or rather foot. "I need to tend this burn and get cleaned up. If I put down a new marker do you think you could manage to leave it alone until I get back?"
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Gareeku

Returning the nuzzles with a soft smile as he listened to her purrs, Gareeku then watched ad Aisha sat up. Rubbing his eyes a little, the wolf woke up some more as he sat up beside her, glancing towards the window and looking at the glow glow of the light coming through it with a smile, thinking how he relished peaceful times such as this, especially with the one he loved.

Gareeku was also somewhat hesistant to get out of the bed, laughing softly at Aisha's question.
"I think I'll be be fine without the pinch." he replied with a warm smile, sneaking in a another kiss. Glancing to the site, the wolf then noticed that the room had an en-suite. "I'll think i'll grab a quick shower first, though."

About ten minutes later, Gareeku emerged from the shower, a towel around his waist as he used another smaller one to dry the hair on his head. Because of it becoming wet and being dried again, his white fur had fluffed up somewhat.

Stygian

Stygian quirked an eyebrow at the irked reptilian and then hummed. Then, he turned and walked over and picked up a glass that had stood to the side of the sofa. It had just a bit of red liquid in it, and he swirled it around in his left hand some while sniffing the glass.
   "Why bother? It's an easy thing to fix," he said. He stepped forward to the dragon and haunched down, not taking protests, and took her foot in his hand. He sort of studied it for a while, then turned it and poured the glass' content, what could only be blood, on the wound. His eyes flared a bit as his right hand began to blacken, and wisps of fire and darkness swirled around it a bit. They flowed into the wound, and immediately Mel felt as if it was burning again, even crawling with something, a wholly odd and nasty feeling. It didn't last more than a moment though, and was immediately replaced with icing, permeating chill. Stygian let go of her now pristine foot, and smiled.
   "Right. No worries, eh Shivers?"

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel cautiously tested the foot and it felt fine. "Thank you." She looked at the mess on the floor and on herself. "I hope the Admiral has hired more cleaners than evidence suggests." She produced a damp towel and wiped the soot from her hands then began on the smudge on her face. "Did you pick that up from the memories, the Shivers thing?"

Aisha deCabre

With a quiet hum as she recieved the kiss, Aisha smiled and nodded after Gareeku as she watched him walk off.  Pausing on messing with her hair, she let the ebon strands fall back down again with her nostrils flaring slightly.  That's actually not a bad idea for me either.  With all of these battles and running around before, it's a wonder I don't smell more than just a bit horrid.

While waiting for Gareeku, she walked over to the window, pulling her claws slowly through the strands while leaning on the stone sill.  With the sun's light, the snow below on the ground was glaring back up at everything with an almost blinding effect.  Her eyes narrowed a little to filter it, but there still lay a peaceful smile on her face, looking out at the landscape.  It almost reminded her of Rynkura's monastery.  "I should take him to see it someday..." she muttered quietly.

At about that moment, she heard him walking out of the shower and started to turn her head, blushing at his appearance.  But there was a loud purr behind her voice as she walked up past him, pausing to run her fingers through his fluffy fur.  "Don't you look cute," she hummed, before starting across to the shower herself.  "I won't be long."

True to her word, she started to come out with just a few minutes longer than what Gareeku had, with her fur newly clean and smooth, easily as it was shorter than the wolf's.  She straightened her fluffy towel-dried hair as she walked in, smiling while tugging her shirt back on and reaching to grab her cape and belt.  "That's better than smelling of battle," she laughed.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

"What? You disapprove, draggy?" Stygian said, and chuckled a bit as he stood up again. "So what if I did? It's quite fitting. Must have been a clever guy who came up with it." At that comment, he barked a very sarcastic laugh and turned his back to her, pacing over to the sofa and looking down at the fox laying in it a bit. He pulled out a pile of clothes from the chair next to it.
   "I'll be heading out after this," he said, dropping the towels and starting to dress up. "I don't expect you to be staying longer either, what with circumstances." His voice had changed now, turning serious, even businesslike. "I have some ideas as to who might have taken my property, but if I am even remotely right then I will have to research before I can do anything. And if I am going to do that, I'm going to need a job or something to do in between." He turned around against her, still shirtless, and started doing the wrappings around his arms with precise, smooth movements. "You're a traveling magician, correct?"

Mel Dragonkitty

"No, just curious as to how the unedited memories affected you. I've never done that before." With her face finally smudge-free she tried to get the horrid soot off her feet. "I am a magic-user and I travel. You know of my clan and why I travel. I go in many guises to accomplish this."

e_voyager

(sorry guys i was gone traveling for a few days)

E's inquiry have been  both open and generally. he  considered the information and sighed. this house had less security then oldman's Wily's fortress. still due to the general natural of his inquiry maybe there was more that w not mentioned. still it could be because this was only because it was not meant for combat. " very well but you could add some roaming sentries. and  detention traps."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KarlOmega1

just then, the intercomm speakers went active.

Micheal.exe: All guest are invited to the Kitchen/Dining room for a breakfast feast!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

e_voyager

hearing the announcement E heads for the room in question. while he did not need to eat he felt that he's been missing out on a lot over the past few hours and would like to use this time to get catch up on what has been happening with the others.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Boog

Boogey wandered into the common room where everyone seemed to be gathering, his hair and clothes disarrayed from sleeping in a chair.
"Mornin'," The thought-entity yawned, scratching his neck, "Whassis about stolen things then?"

e_voyager

E blinks. he had really spaced. "Huh what what stolen things.

Joat

I enter the room. “Which room is May in? I have a splitting headache and she’s the only person I know who can do a mental shield around here. At least as far as I know.”

Just then, May enters the room. She sighs. “Fine, but you’re going to have to finish learning Qwertish so you can learn how to do this on your own.” She casts Mental Ward on me, then chants a shorter spell. A reality hole appears next to her and she pulls out a spellbook. Closing the hole with a key word, she hands the book to me.

“Yeah, I probably should continue on that,” I say. I open up the spellbook and continue where I left off.

Stygian

Stygian snorted. His wrappings back on he did up his shirt and tucked it neatly into his straight pants, and then even pulled a vest and tie out from somwhere.
   "Well, that's for company at least. Listen, I won't stay here any longer. I'll get my breakfast in town. And I'd be so bold as to suggest that you do thesame. Honestly, this place doesn't seem that pleasant at all, on account of the company." He pulled on some socks, a bit of a feat with those claws, and then put his large feet into equally large rough-soled shoes. He then straightened his clothes. "I know a good place, and I'd like you to join me. What say you, Shivers?" Now, he stepped back and before the dragon again. "We could save the other two as well, if they're up by now..." he said, the comment delivered with a bit of a smirk.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel left off fussing at the non-existent soot on her feet and looked at Stygian. An adventure to watch unfold? That was what she was supposed to be doing as a gatherer. And since Stygian, in whichever version, had been the author of all the excitement at this place following him was most likely to gain her interesting things to add to her collection. While he could be a jerk, she had two brothers, being dumped in soot wasn't the worst joke she'd ever had played on her.

"Thank you Mr. Don'Chel, I accept your offer. One moment while I put on my town face." In a blink the white dragon appeared quite similar to how she had when she first entered this house. She was a young snow leopard, only this time a normally marked one. A little older than the teenager she had appeared back then and dressed more for travel than for a day as a college student. "I'm ready."

Boog

"Complaints about the company? I do believe I'm offended..." Boogey yawned again and rolled his shoulders, "Well, you lot have fun. I can't go too far from this place without either translating myself or piggybacking in someones mind; unique reality conditions, remember?" Though the invite would have been nice. Ah well, probably don't mean anything by it.

Stygian

Stygian looked at Mel very seriously for a second. Then he brought his hand to his chin and smiled slyly, scratching a bit.
   "Your cuteness never ceases to amaze. Very well..." he said, and walked around her, picking up the book and heading for the door. He seemed to have some idea too, one which revealed itself quite quickly, as his fur began shifting, becoming even more pallid and flowering markings. His tail changed, as did his ears...
   "After you, dear." Now holding the door for her, he turned against her, smirking with a face which bore a quite close resemblance to her own. It wasn't hard to see what he was thinking; It might have been a bad choice to throw me those memories unedited.

Gareeku

Seeing Aisha blush, Gareeku grinned, before his cheeks went pink as she ran her hands through the fur on his body, complimenting him with that soft pleasant purr of hers.
"Look who's talking." he replied with a smile, his tail wagging behind him as he watched her walk off to the shower.

Removing his towel, the wolf then set about putting his attire on, tying the black belt around his waist as he looked out of the window, his eyes squinting somewhat as the sunlight was reflected off of the snow. Smiling at the beauty of the scenery outside, the wolf turned around to see Aisha return from the shower, blushing slightly as he observed her long hair and soft fur.

Hearing Aisha's comment, Gareeku laughed.
"You're not wrong there. It was about time i had a shower." the wolf replied with a chuckle as he fastened his katana to the side of his waist, before slipping his brown hood cloak over his shoulders as he looked at Aisha with a loving smile.

Aisha deCabre

Watching the wolf blush upon her return, Aisha had given him a light grin before placing the belt around her waist, making sure that her weapons were secured.  As she tied her own cape around her shoulders, the panther quirked an ear at Gareeku's comment and looked back up at him with the same smile.

"Can't argue with that...same with me," she said, before coming up and running her fingers across the soft fur on his face with a quiet purr.  "But you always look good to me anyway."

After a brief pause, gazing into his eyes with a quiet smile, Aisha turned around and gripped the handle on the door, opening it to allow the smell of food and the music to come in stronger.  She started to re-tie her hair in a braid, and then gently held his hand.  "Let's go see what everyone's doing.  I'm dying for something to eat."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

Smiling at Aisha's reply, Gareeku smiled lovingly at the pantheress, growling softly as she ran her fingers across the fur on his face, his tail wagging behind him as he ran his fingers across her cheek in return, blushing softly at her comment.
"And you always look beautiful to me." the wolf replied softly, tickling her nose softly with his before she turned to open the door.

Taking her hand in his, Gareeku smiled as Aisha spoke once more.
"Hehe, me too. I could go for a nice breakfast." he replied with a smile, walking hand in hand with his loved one down the hallway.

e_voyager

E looked at  what was happening around him and nodded. Mel was still gathering information as was to be expected. that Stygian was providing the information was a touch unusual but this was within parameters. Gareeku and Ashia were still a couple. that is assuming he was not reading too much into their playful  interaction which seemed unlikely at this point. Joat was looking for May whom he did not recall meeting but he was sure this was and over sight. Boogey seemed to be in a bit of a bind though. well he had helped him so E was ready to return the favor. " So Boogey what are these new rules that give you such trouble? maybe i can assist in some matter"

Boog

Boogey smiled and shook his head.
"It's not new rules, simply that the only reason I'm able to manifest myself physically here is because of unique reality conditions. To leave I'd have to either translate myself, which is far more work than I'm willing to go to, or stay in someones mind rather than venturing into harsh existance like a fish in a bowl of water. I'll happily stay here for now, if it's no trouble. Thanks for the offer though E, I appreciate it. Besides," He turned and started heading toward the kitchens, "I heard mention of food, and in the words of the ancient aztecs 'it's good to eat when you're hungry'."

e_voyager

E chuckles then wonders how his body would fair outside of this home. he teleported in more or less and he never bothered to leave the house save by portal when Erica called him.

Stygian

((OOC: We're in furrae, what's going to happen is plain to see, and I and the majority of everyone else is just hoping that this goes smoothly. Now, E... How the hell do you see everything in a house the size of the eastern part of Windsor Castle?!?))

e_voyager

( i don't see everything. in fact i'm not sure who it where . the only person i'm sure i've seen with my own senors is Boogey.  as for the rest i'm not sure where they are  or if i saw them myself in transit of via the house sensor's which i was plugged into until the announcement.)

Cogidubnus

(OOC: I was told that I was allowed to enter this RP - and that they didn't mind a...fiery entrance. So alreet I says, firey it will be...)

The sky was gray, and the air seemed light with the promise of rain. Cog  reached for his sword, his expression carefully neutral, and kept a firm grip on the object in his hand. The Artis Magistrae was a one of the more lucky finds he had gained in his travels, and now seemed to be a time he would need it more than ever. In front of him was Arcturus Lein, a mage whom he knew very well. His dealings in the past had left them both with a mutual hatred, and Cog, who had made it his life's goal to find him, had finally tracked him down.
   Cog rushed the red-cloaked man, trying to catch him off-guard. As soon as he started forward, however, the mage threw a glob of some strange magic at him, a twisting missile trailing purple. Cog held up the Artis Magistrae, a mirror of red, milky crystal and polished glass, and tried to catch the missile in it. If he caught it, it would go flying back at the caster, but it never made it that far. It stopped right in front of the mirror, and stayed there unmoving. Cog opened his eyes wide and tried to jump back, lifting an arm to cover his face – of course, that was one of the limitations of his item. It did not reflect that which did not touch it...area of effect was a good countermeasure. Cog soured.
    The mage laughed behind him, and Cog jumped. Bastard, Cog thought. Teleporting. Arcturus began weaving yet another spell, and the ground beneath him grew lines and symbols of power with his chaunting. Cog turned and prepared to try and catch this next bolt, when the magic behind him activated. A horrendous rending sound split the air, and the magic bolt expanded and collapsed on itself, leaving a perfect rip in the air behind him. The hole began to suck him in, his feet lefving trails in the dust, and the leaves around him whipping into the vortex. Cog planted himself and managed to keep stable, his feet just keeping from sliding mere feet away from the strange portal. The ground shook, a compliment of the magics that Arcturus was weaving, and caused him to slip and fall to the ground. The Artis Magistrae fell out of his hands, and though he clutched at it, it was sucked into the portal behind him. Cog's eyes went wide, and he held onto the dirt with his fingernails. The situation had clearly gotten far out of hand, he thought.
   As he lay there, barely keeping from being whisked away to gods-knew-where, his eyes rose to the spellcasting mage in front of him. Specifically, to the spell being cast about the mage. In Arcturus's hands, and around his body, was a roiling inferno of blue flames, all coalescing into his outstretched arm. He grinned, and managed a bow as he spoke the final word to his spell.
"Ignis aurum probat, miseria fortes viros." He said, the lines disappearing beneath him. The fire shot out of his hand, a tornado of flesh-melting fire, and lept towards Cog.  Cog blanched for a moment at the blue death heading for him, the glass beneath it melting under the incredible heat, and he let go at the last second. Whatever was inside the portal, he thought, couldn't be worse than having his face melted off. He heard Arcuturus's mocking laughter for a half-moment, before all sound and sensation was cut off in the portal. It was dark, and the only thing he could see was the fire following him through.
   Cog felt himself falling and flowing, almost as though he was riding some great river of current. The only sensation other than the constant feeling of speed and movement was the sight of that blue fire following him through the tunnel. Apparently, the damn stuff didn't stop until it hit something. Bad for him, Cog mused. This continued for quite some time, until an incredible brightness assaulted Cog's senses.  He looked down, and squinting, realized that he was falling through air, and that the brightness around him was the sun...and that he was at least a hundred feet in the air, and falling quick. He had only a moment to get his bearings before he saw that he was indeed going to fall on something that was not soft. Well, as soft as ceilings were, anyway.
"Well, at least that house there will break my fall.." he said, before remembering his other problem. He turned and winced. That fire was indeed still following him. Nothing he could do now.
    In a split second. Cog hit the roof and smashed through it, screaming through the deafening sound. He had no time to think, and he smashed through something else, floor or furniture he could not tell, before slamming into something that did not break. He had hit the ground floor.
   He was no longer screaming, having no air in his lungs left, but with his last moment of foresight, rolled to his left. The blue flames came pouring through the holes he had created, catching the roof and the inside of the house on fire, and igniting the furniture around him left and right. He took a deep breath and managed to keep his scream low, the pain not quite having hit him yet, and began to crawl away from the fire. He sucked in a deep breath, and coughed up some deal of blood before taking another breath. He lurched to a nearby window, and threw himself outside the now-burning house, gasping for breath.
   He decided he might lie there for a little while.