Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel smiled at Sathariel, "Ask politely. Polite always improves your chances."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Boog

"One really freaking awesome representation!" Boogey pushed up the edge of the helmet over one eye and grinned, "Besides, he's not just unliving. He's created by the flaws and subconcious issues of the main character. Alive, just a physical manifestation of repressed emotions. If you think about it, that makes him one of tne of the only members of my kind to make it in the media today." With a wink, he set the helmet back down and spoke with a rather convincing pyramid head rasp. "And I hope they start soon. I wanna beat someone at Soul Calibur or Timesplitters or something."

Joat

May starts up the Soul Calibur game. “You think you can defeat me? Well, let’s play so I can show you how wrong you are.”

Boog

"Oh it's on kid!" Boogey rasped again, darting over and grabbing a controller, "Soul Cal one, two or three?"

Joat

“This one is two. Anyway, normal versus mode or team battle?” May says.

Boog

"You pick," Boogey replied, tilting back the pyramid head mask so he could see the game.

Stygian

Stygian had been entirely caught up in dancing, and was rather unamused by being distracted from that particular topic. They had been fighting enough the last hours. But then he smiled. Still, he thought, it might be a good thing to get to show them that for all that skill was worth, coordination and hyped-up reflexes were better...
   "Allright, you're on. I'll take Kilik then, though I'd like it if we broke out number three so I could vary with Zasalamel, or Tira." He folded his legs under him on the floor and grabbed a controller. "Let's get it on! Team battle!"

Sathariel looked a bit dissappointed at not getting to dance, but still a bit curious to the machines on the floor.

Joat

“Um… I don’t think it’s your turn,” May says.

Boog

"Yeah Styg," Boogey guestured to May, "She was here first. You play winners."

Stygian

"Fine, fine. Just make sure I'm not dissappointed when it's my turn. And get it all done fast. There are some who want to play other games too," Stygian said, and went for another drink. On the way, he stopped beside Mel.
   "If you want to teach the girl something, really, I'd suggest using the mind connection thing. It'd be good to have a 'memory bank' of sorts to depend upon..." He then proceeded to the table where he whipped up another of those fizzing green drinks and set fire to it with his silver lighter, thinking it'd be a nice touch. Unfortunately, the concoction proved unagreeable with this, and exploded in a furious burst of emerald and viridian into his face. He looked burnt, and shocked.

Joat

Sylver focuses his chi energy and Stygian is healed a bit.

“I knew it! I knew you had Calica!” May says to Sylver. She picks Cervantes, Raphael, and Ivy as her three characters.

Boog

Boogey picks Nightmare, Lizardman and Assassin.
"Shame that Lizardman had the same moves as that other character in this one, he's a lot better in Three," Boogey mentioned conversationally as he made his selections, "But at least Nightmare still has his good moves in this one."

Joat

“I heard that in the Soul Edge arcade game, Hwang and Mitsurugi had the same moves,” May says.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel shrugged, "Sure, why not. But why don't we go out on the patio where it's quiet. I wouldn't want the shiny lights to distract you and have you accidentally erase my childhood." She jumped off the chair, the coins on her gypsy costume jangling, and started for the door. Just as she was going out the door Mel said to Sathariel, "He's banishing us because he's scared you'd beat him at DDR." Then she scooted outside before Stygian could reply.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Joat

“Now he’s been burned in more ways than one,” I think.

Stygian

Stygian took that as a sign. He took a different drink, and then turned around, slowly moving toward the corridor.
   "Allright. I'm gonna go down to the gym and stretch and move a bit to ease out my limbs. When I get back up here, I expect to see some bloody DDR:ing," he said. Then, he looked like he just had an idea, and turned to Aisha, making a bow. "As it seems we can't dance right now, how about you follow me down and... we spar a bit? I would very much enjoy putting my skills to the test against you." He then looked at Gareeku, as could be expected. "I would be most honored if you joined me too, Gareeku."

Sathariel giggled, and followed Mel eagerly. She didn't seem the crowd person anyhow, really. Stygian didn't give them more of a response but a raised eyebrow.

Joat

“Since apparently, nobody’s able to teach me how to use magic, maybe I should try to learn it on my own,” I say.

May sighs. She chants a bit and a hole in reality appears. She reaches into the hole and pulls out a very thick (as thick as a phone book) book, which she slides across the floor to me. “There. That book contains the basics of Qwertish wizardry, the stuff you need to know before casting any spells. The actual spells are contained in the the eight books.” She then chants a few words and the hole closes again. I immediately start reading the book.

May starts the game. With Cervantes, she is very good. She seems to have mastered the basic attributes of dodging, movement, etc., though she seems a bit untalented at the moves themselves (she isn’t very practiced with that Cervantes).

KarlOmega1

*Shivara goes to sit down in a chair and watch these people go at it in video games*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aisha deCabre

Aisha stood by and watched Stygian with amusement as he set up the DDR pads, going over in her imagination how the contests would stack up.  Aisha was probably being a little overconfident of herself, for she had seen how much better some of the others could dance.  It was not hard for her to be in high spirits though.  While she awaited her turn, the panther practiced a few dance steps to the tune of the music that was then playing.

When she heard Stygian speak, she stopped and tilted her head at him with an incredulous look.  "Spar?"  The look was uncertain, but at the prospect of a friendly challenge, her mood lightened.  As powerful as he was, it would be an interesting venture...even though, at the back of her head, the memory couldn't be erased of just HOW powerful.

The huntress politely bowed back with a smile.  "Si, I wouldn't mind."  She glanced over at Gareeku to see his reaction while sticking out her arm to where she set her weapons belt, ready to call it back.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*karl noticed a game that was thought not available gor a while*

Karl: TRON 2.0 Killer App! Who got this?

*Karl interrupts everything and sets up some more controllers for the Xbox 360...then puts the game in*

Karl: Who's up for a Lightcycle match?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Joat

*OOC: Unless there are two TVs in the room, you may have to wait on that.*

Gareeku

Smiling, Gareeku listened and watches as the others talked. It was simple, peaceful moments like these which the wolf missed, having had a somewhat "interesting" life in the past few years.

Hearing Stygian ask for a spar, Gareeku turned to him, a smile on his face as he bowed politely.
"I would be honoured." the wolf replied.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel walked to the edge of the pool of light from the doors and gracefully sank, to sit tailor-style on the tile patio. Her full skirts poofed around her. When Sathariel joined her Mel said, "You've shown that you're able to read emotions, if you can read thoughts as well this will be easier. Memories are sort of part-way between the two, but not really." Mel winced, "That's not very clear, but it makes more sense in practice. Memories run just behind thought all the time."  Mel took Sathariel's hand, "Talk to me about something and see if you can find the zone that feels older than the others. Take your time, thoughts are so much stronger that they tend to hide the memories."

Stygian

"Wha...? But I... I don't remember anything old..." Sathariel said, misinterpreting Mel at first. "I... I can't really remember anything that I've felt or seen until now... I just awakened, with all this stuff in my head. And I don't really know how I should feel... That man who created me, he seems so... weird, and so bad... And I keep wondering; who am I? Why did I get here? I feel as if there are other things that I'm supposed to remember, but it's all blurry and I can't..." she said, then gasped, as Mel felt the girl's mind "coincide" with her own, so to speak.

Stygian saw Aisha's gaze, and raised a hand at her.
   "No weapons. I use none, so neither should you. I would prefer to fight hand to fist, if you wouldn't mind," he said seriously, while starting to walk to the corridor again. "Of course, I will be holding back my own abilities. You can't use your magic either, of course."

Joat

I yawn, close the book, and fall asleep on the floor. At that time, Valencia taps on the window. Sylver opens the said window (though not quickly or easily, having no opposible thumbs) and Valencia jumps through.

“Couldn’t you have just used the door?” Sylver asks.

“What fun woud that be?” Valencia responds as Sylver closes the window again. She sees me on the floor and rolls her eyes. “Again, Joat?”

Aisha deCabre

Aisha considers Stygian's words for a second, her hand hovering in midair, before she accepts the terms and drops it.  Think of it as a learning experience, chica, she told herself, much in the same way that Rynkura would have.  In truth she hadn't done any fighting sans weapons for a long while.  But so long as he too was holding back his abilities, it seemed fair.

She grinned at Gareeku.  Watching what those two could do against each other as well was going to be something interesting.  She followed Stygian out of the room and down the corridors, the sound of the games and speech waning slowly behind them to make way for the almost dreary silence.

Come to think of it, I bet the wolf could still beat ME...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“Come to think of it, my energy’s running pretty low, too,” Sylver says. He curls up next to me and falls asleep.

“Oh, please. It’s only…” Valencia looks at her watch. “…10:56 PM? Wow, it’s later than I thought.”

Stygian

Upon arriving at the gymnasium, Stygian went over to the mats at the far end of the room and hung off his clothes, cracking his joints a bit and then standing straight on one end of them.
   "So... I guess it's everything goes, so long as it's no weapons, no magic and no... weirdness. Is that okay? You don't have to worry about hurting me. I'm pretty strong anyway," he said calmly, and looked at them both. "Who will start?"

Mel Dragonkitty

"Calm down and pay attention or we stop this," snapped Mel. "Do you feel the difference between thought, emotion, and memory? Memories are the most complex. You need a quick delicate touch to snare everything. Now just pay attention while I talk about something. See if you can read separate memories. They switch quickly. Don't try copying yet."

Mel began talking about flight. She was just babbling but she knew that every flight she had ever taken was bombarding Sathariel, from her first infant flutterings all the way through to the last exhilarating plunge a few hours ago. The girl seemed bright, if she could get anything from the blast she'd do fine.

e_voyager

a door seems to open in the air and though it steps a sagging figure.  his armor is gone and he looks like he's just gone thou a war but still he is hard to mistake. he looks around waves the slums on the couch exhausted. what ever happened had take a toll on this entity war machine or no. his hands reach into the air disappearing and resin with whats looked like a glass of steaming tea. he sat there moody and sipping his drink. a stray thought escapes his  head." Can anything worse happened this week?" he wonder as he remembers his response to Erica's urgent call.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey