10/06/08 [DMFA #941] - You know, we should have predicted this...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 05, 2008, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

I am guessing Amber's reactions is probably like this right now...  :U then  :mwaha

Don

Huh..well thats interesting.

Maby Dp won't die again this time, maby he'll actually just give up and live normally..doubtful, but here's hoping.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Lowde on October 06, 2008, 12:00:20 AM
This made me wonder if it was Kria the one with DP in here,
but can't be her because of the fur pattern

You saw enough fur there to detect a pattern? And in shadows, how can you even be sure of color. And besides, fur that might otherwise be exposed in the frame might instead be covered by clothing. Unless Amber breaks down and tells us, we'll probably never find out who it was. And it doesn't really matter.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lowde

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 06, 2008, 02:11:31 AMYou saw enough fur there to detect a pattern? And in shadows, how can you even be sure of color. And besides, fur that might otherwise be exposed in the frame might instead be covered by clothing. Unless Amber breaks down and tells us, we'll probably never find out who it was. And it doesn't really matter.

You can see the elbow... Although it's true it may be cloth... In fact it's likely to be cloth... Maybe it is Kria after all

Kipiru

I guess this time we can say we saw that coming, but still I think we didn't belive it till we saw the strip. Cool turnout  :mwaha

Feather Dancer

DP's real name amuses me. I've wondered in the past if there was a connection, slightly biased due to those being the only two demon mares/demon pegasus we're aware of but hey lookie there. I should listen to myself more D:
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

One thing that puzzles me is how Lorenda seems ignorant of the fact that it was Dan wot dun it.  Kria must know, not only because she was at the Evil Beach Party when the other Creatures were gossiping, but also by simple expedient of the fact that DP is liable to tell her who killed him.  Even if he doesn't volunteer the information, she is likely to ask, is she not?

I'm not sure we've seen a panel which has both Kria and Dan in the same page, but surely Lorenda is liable to tell her mother who she hangs out with, at least in passing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Possibly.

On the other hand, "Dan" isn't necessarily "Daniel Ti'Fiona"; I can see it slipping by for some time, and given the somewhat strained relationship, it wouldn't surprise me if "Lorenda's friend Danny" and "That Daniel sod who keeps killing my brother" don't meet in Kria's head.

Yet.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 06, 2008, 05:01:49 AM
On the other hand, "Dan" isn't necessarily "Daniel Ti'Fiona"; I can see it slipping by for some time, and given the somewhat strained relationship, it wouldn't surprise me if "Lorenda's friend Danny" and "That Daniel sod who keeps killing my brother" don't meet in Kria's head.
Perhaps.  On the other hand, "Dan the Incubus" is going to narrow it down significantly.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Last Dark Peg heard, Dan wasn't an Incubus; just an Adventurer.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 06, 2008, 05:22:56 AM
Last Dark Peg heard, Dan wasn't an Incubus; just an Adventurer.

And winged son of the succubus Destania.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 06, 2008, 05:27:20 AM
And winged son of the succubus Destania.

... it's not clear from that single quote that DP is aware that Dan == The Guy Wot Keeps Killing Me == Destania's Son.

_We_ know, but we don't know that DP knows.

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Black_angel on October 05, 2008, 08:43:44 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on October 05, 2008, 07:55:13 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on October 05, 2008, 07:47:00 PM
Is anything too far-fetched in this comic?

As an answer to that question, all I can say is something I've said before, It's up to Amber... you probably already knew that and I feel like a broken record. And if Dan is going to try and kill DP again I wonder how Kria would react, learning that it's Dans fault hes dead in the first place.

Yeah, that was really a rhetorical question.

Here's one that's not: why do you guys think Kria took the dirt, anyway? (Sudden images of Kria with a jar of dirt doing the Jack Sparrow dance) XD
*coffeesnerk*  I hate you.

"I've gotta jar of di-irt, and guess what's inside it!"
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Tycoon

If all these hydra style plots point to one thing, it is that we've got a convoluted mess on our hands that highly resembles a declaration of war in the Balkans.

And the 2nd panel shot of Lorenda is superb, too.

Lucheek

Kra-bam!

I was blind sided. o-o

...also, hasn't Kria met Dan already? Huh

silentassassin

Psaakyrn

I'm still of the opinion that Destinia sent him there not really to kill DP.

And that Regina is somehow related to Lorenda's family and possibly about to make an appearance.

And I don't think Kria would be THAT angry, considering the whole "the strong will survive" point. More likely she'd be agasp at DP for falling to Dan all this while.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

ANTIcarrot

That bloody lion with the blue wings and red dress... Names aside, that's quite a damning description from Dan's Point of View. Then again it wouldn't take too much for Dan to get out of trouble.
"Say, you look familiar..."
"Hey! That's a really well drawn pentagram!"
"You think so? Wow! Thank you!"

And if Dan is (for once) a little bit clever, this will be a good opportunity to learn *how* DP keeps coming back to life.

And we get to learn if Dan's curse worked. Will DP be permanently bared from eating cookies? Are cookies important during the resurrection ceremony? :)
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

Pheonix-IV

Good potential for funny here:

"Ah, Kria sister, thank- What the hell is he doing here?"

:)

Ghostwish

Quote from: Pheonix-IV on October 06, 2008, 08:01:01 AM

About a billion sitcoms started playing in my head..

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"Uncle! We're engaged!"

".... and you brought me back to life, WHY?"

Noone

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 05, 2008, 11:21:43 PM
I don't know what sort of legal standing Destiana has. Probably none. If she's there, it's probably to either aid in the magic department to bring up DP, or as the next stage in whatever her plan is for Dan. To me, it's a tossup, maybe a slight leaning to Destiana being there. If it really is Biggs though, you can be sure that Destiana coached him enough so that he doesn't blow her cover as posing for him earlier.
As far as legal standings go... I'm quite certain she is on the creature council, I think Destania is the shadowy figure in panel 2 of strip 367. It's possible that she is not, or that she is posing as Biggs in the previous panel, but considering the shape of the head-wings, it's possible she (and Biggs too) are on the council.
And of course, considering how D.P created the undead, I don't think the council is very fond of him, but that is just a hunch and not based upon anything concrete.

Mao

Ok.. something doesn't quite mesh up and from the seems of it you've all noticed it..  But Kria is expecting Biggs to send goons and it almost seems like her plans hinge on it.  Why else would she be so concerned about how late it is and she still hasn't seen any goons.

Now that said it could be that she's just worried that they'll show up at a critical point, but to me it seems like she was counting on it... which could be unpleasant for our dear Danny boy here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on October 06, 2008, 09:01:10 AM
Ok.. something doesn't quite mesh up and from the seems of it you've all noticed it..  But Kria is expecting Biggs to send goons and it almost seems like her plans hinge on it.  Why else would she be so concerned about how late it is and she still hasn't seen any goons.
Maybe they need sacrifices to power the ritual.  It would be kind of warped if it was the very fact that Biggs was sending his goons to them which made the thing possible.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm pretty sure that Kria was planning on Biggs sending goons, and of coming himself. Why else would she be worried about him being late? As for being necessary to power the ritual, unless one of you knows something I don't, it seems too early to tell what sort of artifice is necessary to do it.

Occam's razor would state something like she simply watns the goons for protection against random adventerurs (like Dan) from interrupting her. Although that does seem a bit odd for Kria of all people.......

This Creature Council thing has piqued my interest a little. Should I continue discussing it here or split off a thread?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 06, 2008, 10:03:37 AM
I'm pretty sure that Kria was planning on Biggs sending goons, and of coming himself. Why else would she be worried about him being late? As for being necessary to power the ritual, unless one of you knows something I don't, it seems too early to tell what sort of artifice is necessary to do it.

Occam's razor would state something like she simply watns the goons for protection against random adventerurs (like Dan) from interrupting her. Although that does seem a bit odd for Kria of all people.......

This Creature Council thing has piqued my interest a little. Should I continue discussing it here or split off a thread?

Only problem with that is that Destania works for/with Biggs.  Not to say that she isn't smart enough or without her own will and motivation to send Dan out to do something Biggs might not be down with, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on October 06, 2008, 10:10:31 AM
Only problem with that is that Destania works for/with Biggs.  Not to say that she isn't smart enough or without her own will and motivation to send Dan out to do something Biggs might not be down with, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

What, plans within plans?

You can't see Desty messing with Biggs' plans, even if only in a small way?

Angel

Quote from: The1Kobra on October 06, 2008, 08:54:54 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 05, 2008, 11:21:43 PM
I don't know what sort of legal standing Destiana has. Probably none. If she's there, it's probably to either aid in the magic department to bring up DP, or as the next stage in whatever her plan is for Dan. To me, it's a tossup, maybe a slight leaning to Destiana being there. If it really is Biggs though, you can be sure that Destiana coached him enough so that he doesn't blow her cover as posing for him earlier.
As far as legal standings go... I'm quite certain she is on the creature council, I think Destania is the shadowy figure in panel 2 of strip 367. It's possible that she is not, or that she is posing as Biggs in the previous panel, but considering the shape of the head-wings, it's possible she (and Biggs too) are on the council.
And of course, considering how D.P created the undead, I don't think the council is very fond of him, but that is just a hunch and not based upon anything concrete.

EDIT: A brief glimpse into Angel's day.

11:30 : Reads this comic and mistakenly believes that her newfound discovery hasn't been mentioned yet.

12:30 : Reads through Hybrids #14 thread and feels stupid.

12:34 : Realizes that "newfound discovery" is an oxymoron.

12:54 : Realizes that it is in fact, a redundancy, not an oxymoron.

Okay, NOW I'm done.

:B
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 06, 2008, 10:03:37 AM
As for being necessary to power the ritual, unless one of you knows something I don't, it seems too early to tell what sort of artifice is necessary to do it.
DP's ritual to resurrect the Dark God called for the souls of Queen Hollyann, and Mab (notwithstanding that Fae souls are different).  It's not a great stretch to imagine that resurrecting DP requires soul energy to achieve.  Obviously I'm just guessing and/or going by something that may have been retconned.

BarGamer

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 06, 2008, 08:32:59 AM
Quote from: Pheonix-IV on October 06, 2008, 08:01:01 AM

About a billion sitcoms started playing in my head..

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"Uncle! We're engaged!"

".... and you brought me back to life, WHY?"

*Cues this scene again. Watches Kria and DP's heads explode.*