Skins War

Started by Darkmoon, September 11, 2008, 09:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Go hit the DMFA site to read about the Skins War. All proceeds to benefit the Amber.

*edit from Damaris*

It's important to note that even though Darkmoon and Bunny of CVRPG are currently representing the side of evil, all the skins will be DMFA themed.  The characters featured will just depend on which side wins.

We hope this is a good enough incentive- we wanted to give back to the people who help the sister out, and no one wants to see us try to draw.  :U
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Jairus

Great idea, Darkmoon! *goes to cast his vote* Like I'd tell you guys who I voted for.

EDIT: Hey, I just realized that this is my first "war" on the forums. How do these usually go? Are friendships destroyed for all time, or do people come together in camaraderie for the betterment of all?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

DarkAudit

Quote from: Jairus on September 11, 2008, 09:36:39 PM
Are friendships destroyed for all time, or do people come together in camaraderie for the betterment of all?

Yes.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Wanderer

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 11, 2008, 09:34:58 PM
It's important to note that even though Darkmoon and Bunny of CVRPG are currently representing the side of evil, all the skins will be DMFA themed.  The characters featured will just depend on which side wins.
Thank you, that was my one question.

Damaris

really, it comes down to the fact that we only have Dan and Mab in sprite form, which is why other characters were used ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Netrogo

Count on my vote, just as soon as I get my pay tonight >.>
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Aurawyn

I will try my best to save something from my paycheck this Thursday to make a donation.

*Crosses her fingers for the Evil Side*

Come on.. we see the cute side all the time.. and heck I am willing to bet that even  the evil side will be cute to an extent.

Angel

(looks at the two choices...)

.....Can't it be both?    :smile
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Reese Tora

Quote from: Black_angel on September 12, 2008, 12:36:17 PM
(looks at the two choices...)

.....Can't it be both?    :smile

*recalls that, last war, Amber said we're allowed to place a donation with the request that it be applied to evening the score.  :mwaha *
I don't recall if the donation only goes to  evening the immediate score of if it's held back to even the score at the end of the war...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jairus

Just out of curiosity, does this mean we're allowed to donate multiple times if we have the funds?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 01:07:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, does this mean we're allowed to donate multiple times if we have the funds?
To the best of my knowledge, yes.  I know I did back in the great Abel-Regina war.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Ah skin war..Who will win >:3 My money is on evil!  :boogie

Lena

At the risk of sounding like a complete brainless noob, can someone please tell me what the skins are/what they're used for? I know it says they're for the site and forums, but...

Darkmoon

The site currently is purple. By applying a skin, it would make the purple skin look like something else. It could just be a color swap (like a lot of the skinds here at the forum), or it could be a new layout as well. Depends on how it's done.

Lena

*lightbulb* OOOooooh - somehow, my brain was making it more complicated than that and it just didn't register. Thanks! :mowmeep

Darkmoon

As an FYI, Amber is taking the machine in for servicing. She doesn't know exactly what's going on, but the donations have helped to take the pressure off.

But the race of Cute v Evil is still on!

Kipiru

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 11, 2008, 09:34:58 PM

Is Fa'lina(I'm hopeless on this topic) considered evil? Cause if she is, then to hell with goodness >:]

Darkmoon

I dunno, actually. That would be one for Mabby to decide. I know that she has certain characters in mind for Team Evil.

Naldru

Quote from: Kipiru on September 12, 2008, 05:35:04 PM

Is Fa'lina(I'm hopeless on this topic) considered evil? Cause if she is, then to hell with goodness >:]

That reminds me of the old Mae West line:  "When I'm good, I'm very, very good.  When I'm bad, I'm better".
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aurawyn

Oh.. here is an idea.. if there is a tie at the end she could do one half evil, and the other half good kinda mixing in the middle...

Then she could put the "Middle road" people like Kira and Fa'lina in the middle..

Dagardo

Quote from: Aurawyn on September 12, 2008, 10:57:19 PM
Oh.. here is an idea.. if there is a tie at the end she could do one half evil, and the other half good kinda mixing in the middle...

Then she could put the "Middle road" people like Kira and Fa'lina in the middle..

That is a really smart sounding idea, I like it.  :)

Darkmoon

Okay... but it'd have to be a perfect tie. 1 buck in either direction won't do it.

Damaris

Please keep in mind, guys, this is NOT a wallpaper war.  This is a war for custom skins that will be implemented into a new version of the website, as well as on the forum.

I'm only posting this because I don't want people to be disappointed.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kipiru

After a more careful look, I saw that the fight is between CUTE(not good) and EVIL. That makes it a bit tough to figure out, cause there are some pretty cute evil...um things (like Regina for instance)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Kipiru on September 13, 2008, 02:37:19 AM
After a more careful look, I saw that the fight is between CUTE(not good) and EVIL. That makes it a bit tough to figure out, cause there are some pretty cute evil...um things (like Regina for instance)

Regina is actually part of the secret Team Pink that consists of her, Fa'Lina, and Deebs.

It's top secret though and I doubt anyone is gonna unlock that battle-mode anytime soon. :U

Kipiru

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 13, 2008, 02:43:49 AM

Regina is actually part of the secret Team Pink that consists of her, Fa'Lina, and Deebs.

It's top secret though and I doubt anyone is gonna unlock that battle-mode anytime soon. :U

Amazing  :erk how do you come up with that stuff. But no matter, as long as Fa'lina is there, I'm all for it.  Go Team Pink!

Jairus

Quote from: Kipiru on September 13, 2008, 03:00:46 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 13, 2008, 02:43:49 AM

Amazing  :erk how do you come up with that stuff. But no matter, as long as Fa'lina is there, I'm all for it.  Go Team Pink!

Why do I have a mental image of the three of them leaping into the air for a three-way high five while shouting "Go Team Pink!"?

Kipiru

Quote from: Jairus on September 13, 2008, 03:04:46 AM

Why do I have a mental image of the three of them leaping into the air for a three-way high five while shouting "Go Team Pink!"?

Because you have the right kind of thinking  :)

RobbieThe1st

Technical question:
According to the post, at least as I interpreted it, the website(www.missmab.com) will have multiple skins. How will this be set up? Will you have a selector and the selected skin stored as a cookie on users computers, or will it be simply a URL arguement(E.G. http://www.missmab.com/index.php?skin=evil)?

Also, last I heard, there was no PHP or dynamic content involved, and Amber was simply editing the source code in notepad/a text editor.
Will the multiple skins either A, use a server-side dynamic set up, B, simply have multiple pages, and Amber is stuck with editing two or three pages for each update with the same data, or C, we have one page, like it is now, and all skin stuff is done client-side with Javascript?

Sadly, I have no money(not a cent available to me now), so I cannot donate anything, but I am perfectly willing to donate time - If there is anything I can do, just ask.

Thanks,

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.