[Art] Kipiru Starrider's Art- Space Adventurer Tania(Updated 11/08/09)

Started by Kipiru, August 24, 2008, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

I've just started using Photoshop and have a lot to learn, but i'd like to get some oppinion on my work so far.(WARNING, SOME OF THESE ARE NSFW)

So here it is:
my RPG buddies' chars
a buxom friend of mine -NSFW
our resident lightning mage
the traditional elvish archer
The Archmage
a friend with a thing for colourfull socks -NSFW
that buxom vixen again -NSFW
towel trouble -NSFW
french fries and a lose bath robe -NSFW
casual reading -NSFW

These are all pictures of friends i've done as requests and they all liked them very much, but i'd like an honest oppinion, so i turn to you guys.

Here are some older black and white pics, some of the first i got inked.  Some may be considered NSFW!

sin city style girl
angel warrior
tennis men

here is something I made for llearch

valentine box

Here is my first fanart of DMFA and something i did as a request for Zedd.

Dan and Abel fighting
Tiefling

Here are two new projects of mine, still in ink stage, but i Thought they'll be fun to compare later on with the finished versions.

valkyrie
Werewolf knight  

Here is some old B&W concept art I did for a strategy computer game. The game unfortunately didn't reach completion.

watch tower
workshop
barracks

Here is a little somthing I did for Lysander, sort of my version of his fursona:

Lysander

Here is a pic done by one of my best freinds, I only did the color. His specialty are dinosaurs and dragons, but as you can see he copes with the human body quite nicely!  :)

Female elf by JB -NSFW

Here is my view of Gabi's fursona!

Gabi

Here is a picture of a naughty Santa outfit!

naugthy Santa outfit - NSFW

And here is personal favourite of mine, I've been making this pic for about 3 years now- a little bit at a time! It was actually the my first attempt at photoshop coloring. Now it's finished!

scorpicore demoness

And here are two new pics from the Unicorn:

Elf Druid
Druid magic -NSFW- NUDITY!!!

Here, for the first time I tried using painted lines (check the jewels and the strings on the hair).

Some fresh stuff:

Green haired blade girl - could be considered NSFW...I think

And here is my own version of catwoman  :mowhappy

catwoman -a bit NSFW

This one has been in the works for some time and I finally finished it while experimenting with Burn and Dodge.

And here is the commission for Tapewolf- my version of Jakob

Jakob Pettersohn

And here is another one for the album:

Keaton the Black Jackal

Here goes Mao:

Mao Laoren

Here is what I drew for 2008 Secret Santa:

naughty boys and girls

Here is something I whipped up in like 15 min. It's an attempt at a tribal style dragon. I think it came out neat.

Tribal Dragon

Here is one I've had in the works for quite some time- it is a request from a girlfriend of mine who wanted me to draw her like a fairy.

A Flower Fairy- NSFW

Another delayed request for a friend of mine's girlfriend:

Keeper of the Arcane

And here is the first of what I plan on being a series of funny pics featuring Kipiru and Beever having a wacky fun time:

Kipiru and Beever at the beach

Here is my present to Ren from the Covert Courtesy Commutation:

Ren Gaulen

And here is a Tiger Ninja I did for a friend of mine.

Hasstorr- The White Ninja Tiger

This is the portrait I did of Corgatha's gloomy character(he's serious, so watch it :)) It turned out really nice, but I like all my art, so now it's your turn to give an opinion:

Corgatha Taldothar

And here is my present to Zedd, a rather voluptuous character of his creation:

Ecclesia- the elf demoness-NSFW

And here is what I did as characters for the 1000 project pic:

Matilda
Lorenda
Fa'lina
Alexi - this didn't make it to the 1000 pic, but still, here it is
Devin
Regina
Aaryanna
Regina, Devin and Aary interaction

I may try and do the rest of the characters of the comic in the same flat color fashion, just to complete the set :)

Here is one I did for a friend of mine:

Pony Valkyrie - possibly NSFW

And presenting:

Wuffnpuff's character Chance - NSFW

Yesterday I ran into a buried treasure folks, something I thought was long lost art. So here they are- unveiled after 7 years of gathering dust:

Hastor- the main hero of the story- a good vampire with a hidden past.
Davius- the villain- also a vampire and Hastor's brother.
Spaiterus- the right hand of Davius- a vampire-to-be, this schemer has his own hidden agenda.
Hesian- a local youth that joins Hastor- brother of the girl that stands between Hastor and Davius.

Presenting my gift for Cogidubnus from the CCC:

Cogidubnus

NEW:Here are two pics that have been in the making for quite some time.

Dancing

Aisha and Gareeku

And here is my vision of Dekari's fursona:

Dekari

Here goes my version of E-voyager's fursona:

E-voyager

Here goes my first Project Future fanart featuring the character that have appeared so far in the story:

The whole gang- a bit of NSFW in the background  :mowwink

And the pin up girls at the back:

Salomere- Dorcan's mother -INSANELY NSFW!!!
Ruby -feathered, but still INSANELY NSFW!!!

Right, so here is my gift for Dannysaysnoo form the CCC- open for critique:
Danny

and a character of Ghostwish:
Zanfib

Yet another girlfriend's fantasy self! Curious enough she is camera-shy, but has nothing against me drawing her. Not that I'm complaining or anything  :mowwink

Jasmin the fire witch

Some long overdue projects of mine:

Kathia -a friend of mine that practices yoga- a bit NSFW

Sexy Matilda Formal -my idea of Formal wear for Matilda, or at least of some really alluring lingerie. Look out Dan! A bit NSFW!

NEW:Here are two pics inspired by my new girlfriend
Sunny Bunny
Tania The Vampire -she has a thing for vampires, a real Twilight fan.

NEW:Some sci-fi this time:

Space Adventurer Tania

NOTE: I take requests for art at no price except for a bit of patience ;)

Kipiru

Some comments would be appreciated

llearch n'n'daCorna

This is not a chatroom, Kipiru. People go days or weeks without showing up.

11 hours is nothing, on the scale of things.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Ugh.  Just a request.. could you tag these with NSFW or even Possibly NSFW next time as needed?

Anyways, not much feed back from me right now.  I'll check these out after work.

Kipiru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 26, 2008, 05:36:44 AM
This is not a chatroom, Kipiru. People go days or weeks without showing up.

11 hours is nothing, on the scale of things.

Sorry for being impatient, I'm new at this. And what exactly is NSFW!

Pagan

Not Safe For Work, it implies any thing graphically violent or sexual or anything that would not be good to be seen looking at during work or school.
Your stuff is a bit on the NSFW side, and you may want to make a note of that in your first post. It's better to err on the side of caution in these cases.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Kipiru

Ok, thanks for the headsup!

Zedd

Nice set of pictures of here

techmaster-glitch

This is some VERY sweeeeeet art, here. Love the party groupshot (and the women individuals ;))

Mao

Alright, NSFW factors aside, these are some pretty sweet pictures man.  I like how they mix a bit of cartoon look with realistic anatomy.  It kinda reminds me of the models in WoW, which I'm a fairly big fan of.  The only thing that I really don't like is the shininess on them.  I'm not even certain why I don't like it.  Maybe it just seems out of place to me, I don't know.  Either way, that's a very minor criticism as it doesn't really take away from what you have put up, it's just something that doesn't seem right to me.

Kipiru

Quote from: Mowser on August 27, 2008, 07:31:53 AM
Alright, NSFW factors aside, these are some pretty sweet pictures man.  I like how they mix a bit of cartoon look with realistic anatomy.  It kinda reminds me of the models in WoW, which I'm a fairly big fan of.  The only thing that I really don't like is the shininess on them.  I'm not even certain why I don't like it.  Maybe it just seems out of place to me, I don't know.  Either way, that's a very minor criticism as it doesn't really take away from what you have put up, it's just something that doesn't seem right to me.

Do you mean the shininess of the skin of some of the girls, cause I've had my doubts about that too.

Mao

Yeah.  I dunno.  It just feels out of place, or maybe unnatural to me.  I love the colors also.  I didn't mention that earlier.  :3

WhiteFox

Aright, normally I like to crit. every piece individually, but in this case I'd pretty much end up saying the same thing for all of em, so I'll abbreviate.

Probably the weakest element to the pics. here, IMHO, is the hair and cloth. The hair doesn't look very fiberous, and the cloth doesn't really fall right. They lack volume. I think loosening up the lines would help, more flowey and sweeping strokes.

Behind that, you've got a lot of gray along the linework. Gotta love antialiasing, eh? I don't know if you just add color in photoshop, or if you ink and color in photoshop, but I have a pretty good idea how to fix these either way:
-If you ink and color in PS, put the ink and the color on separate layers. That way, you can paint under the lines. (This is what I used to do, but I found I could ink much faster on paper).
-If you ink on paper before you scan it into Photoshop, get a really high res scan and make it black and white. Around 600 DPI works for me. If you find a lot of the lines don't get scanned, adjust the threshold, or contrast, of the scan so that it treats lighter grays as "black". Anyway... magic wand the white and delete it, then fill in color as needed. You'll probably end up with black shmutz all over the place, as it's impossible to get the contrast perfect, but you can just lasso and delete that. Remember to turn off antialiasing on any selection tools you use! Then, when you're done coloring, convert it to jpg or gif or png, or whatever, then shrink it down (If you use two layers, for ink and color, you MUST convert before resizing or the two layers won't resize in synch, and you'll get gray antialiasing anyway). The resize will take care of any antialiasing you do need, and your lines will smooth out.

Your anatomy is on a good start, but you've got some work to do. Some of the proportions and under-structure are a little weird. Also, the anime faces are a little strange with the "realistic" anatomy (THere are plenty of animes out there that do this, tho).

A note on shinyness, especially on this one and the hair on this one. The gloss might look better if the shapes were slimmer, sharper, and pointed rather than rounded at the ends. I'm guessing you're using the airbrush tool for these. Try using the selection tool and fill command. Alternatively, you could use the vector tool, but that thing is a PAIN. I use the vector tool when I need to shine up hair, cause I can fill, move the vector shape, adjust it, and fill again. Very quick, but the tools for vectors aren't very intuitive and have a sharp learning curve.

All in all, this is some really good work. Your characters are very expressive, in pose and face. I like your costume/character designs too. I know this seems like a LOT of criticism, but I think your work is good. Not great, but good.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

Thanks Fox! As I said, I,m just starting on the Photoshop, so your advice is priceless. I'm aware of most of the problems you point out, but i just don't have the Photoshop training to deal with them. That is why I need people like you who know what they're doing to point me out solutions. Thanks again!

WhiteFox

For the record, I'm better at critiquing and giving advice then I am at Photoshop. So, remember that I'm only a step or two ahead of you and I only got where I am now cause *I* had advice from *my* betters (Mostly my mother, Turnsky here on the boards, and google searching tutorials). If you're interested, you can see my work (Shameless plug) here.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

i have posted only my colored art so far, cause I was seeking advice about it, but if interest comes up I'll post some old black-and-whites as well  :)

Kipiru

Here are some older black and white pics, some of the first i got inked.  Some may be considered NSFW!

sin city style girl

angel warrior

tennis men

Enjoy!

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's some interesting pics there, Kipuru.

The second one in particular seems like there's a heck of a lot of work in the wings.

If I might be slightly critical, though, the first two are basically identical poses, with different clothing. Was that intentional, or oversight?

Kipiru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 11, 2008, 05:02:48 PM
If I might be slightly critical, though, the first two are basically identical poses, with different clothing. Was that intentional, or oversight?

You're right, I hadn't noticed. No, the pose resemblance is a coincidence. It' s just a standart pose i use for females, so I can see how it may look like a simple clothes change over the same model. But I'll keep in mind to diverse the poses.

WhiteFox

I love the detail on the second one, hut she's got a sever case of antigravity boobs.

The first one's really dramatic. I like it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm. On second looks, I note the second one doesn't actually have anything supporting that huge shoulderpad construction.

This might be just the design, of course. ;-] but the closest thing to actually supporting them visible is their lower edge on the tops of her breasts.

Which wouldn't exactly be comfortable.

Kipiru

Jairus

Quote from: Kipiru on September 12, 2008, 02:19:59 AM
It's all magic  :mowhappy
So, a wizard did it?

I want his job.

Cool pics, by the way. I really don't have enough experience to comment fully on them, but cool nonetheless.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Kipiru

Thanks, feel free to check out my other art as well Jairus.

Kipiru

sorry to double post but here is something I made for llearch

valentine box

llearch n'n'daCorna

King Of Hearts

Zedd

Kipiru

Here is my first fanart of DMFA and something i did as a request for Zedd.

Dan and Abel fighting

Tiefling

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is there a reason you're making a new thread for every piece of art you make, Kipiru?

Unlike everyone else, who has a single thread and adds content to that thread?

And is there a reason I shouldn't just merge all three threads into one?