Count As High As You Can...Before "The Man" Stops You. [03]

Started by Ren Gaulen, July 24, 2008, 05:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

32 is one of my favorite numbers. And here's why...

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jer-oh-me

Suwako

Jer-oh-me

7 * 5 = 35 dangerously close to my favorite number.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jer-oh-me

Darkdragon

VSMIT

Aisha deCabre

Beryllium.  And 4 the record, I prefer numbers. x3

Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

VSMIT

Boron.

You can prefer all you want, but 5ting it isn't going to go very well.

Aisha deCabre

Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

VSMIT

Jer-oh-me

Number eight is Oxygen, which turns to a liquid at -182.95 C

Aisha deCabre

9 is Flouride, which is what they put small bits of in water around here to help keep teeth clean.

...Er, either that or flourine, I forget which.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Jer-oh-me

10 is Neon, a noble gas whose density is 0.8999999999999999999~ which makes it just a little less heavy than water. Fluorine is the element, Fluoride is something else. If they were putting Fluorine in your drinking water, you'd be dead. Fluoride replaces Calcium in your teeth making them more resilient.

Aisha deCabre

*facepalm*  Right, sorry, sometimes it's easy to get those mixed.

Anyway, 11 is Sodium.  Which I think actually -is- good for you.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

VSMIT

Jer-oh-me

And at thirteen we're back to Aluminium, as every other English speaking land calls it. Aluminium has an interesting history. With a density of 2.69 it's heavier than water but much lighter than most of the other metals. Aluminium was long ago worth several times the value of gold per unit of mass, I believe it was something like four times as much. The Washington memorial in Washington DC is capped with a rather large pyramid of Aluminium because it was expensive back then as the means to refine it were still very very very expensive and difficult to do. However as the most plentiful metal on Earth, just it's in an ore for difficult to divorce from its slag components it is still expensive to refine and is therefore still relatively pricey though no longer worth more than gold.

Also for more cool stuff on Aluminium, and the other elements for that matter if you go to the main page: Aluminium

e_voyager

silicon which is very important to robotic entities of our age and is number 14
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jer-oh-me

Number fifteen is Phosphorus, which is used in matches.

VSMIT

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jer-oh-me

Aisha deCabre

19 and back to the start of the alkali metals row for Potassium.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Jer-oh-me

And now we're on with calcium, at numbah 20. The stuff that's replaced by fluoride in your teeth if you have it in your water! Yay!

VSMIT

Jer-oh-me

Darkdragon

Without looking I am going to say "Vanadium" and hope I'm right.

e_voyager