[Story] Blood is Freedom Stained by Elissa (Aka Dragonsaia) C1 updated: 08/18/08

Started by dragonsaia, August 18, 2008, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonsaia

I'm hoping to get a little feedback from this one, since the idea hit me while I was on my way into town. It's not turning out the precise way I hoped, but, in the end it should. Well, any and all comments are appreciated.

Blood is Freedom Stained

A word from the author: The chapters and name of the Title come from Iron Maiden's "2 minutes to Midnight" song. I thought that the song fit very well with the blood-filled life of my fursona Mira. And so the Story will unfold with her, maybe meeting some that I have met, with their permission of course. Also, Flashbacks will appear like this. Since the story shouldn't be full of humor, serious emphasis is like this. I think I've wasted enough of your time, so on to the story...

Prologue

"...You can't do anything right, can you, you little *******?" The slap. "You want to learn how to use weapons so *** badly, but you can't even do your chores right." The second slap.
"I can't believe I house you here, just like your good-for-nothing mother, that little *****. Come here, let me give you your daily present..." And just like every other day, the huge willow branch. She arrived at school, bloody and...-

Mira awoke with a chill. The memories of her childhood had always come back to her in her supposed dreams, continuous, and only broken by her visit to the other realm. She held her Bardiche close for a moment. Her short life had always strained her mentally. The killings, the lives she had known destroyed so quickly, and her chance at a normal life, vanishing before her eyes. But now, it did not matter. The pantheress moved her black-dyed hair out of her face and got up. There was much to do today.

Chapter I

To Kill the Unborn in the Womb

The pantheress was panting quickly, trying to master her own technique yet again. The speed and focus required for this skill were tremendous, and the cost was even more massive than the strain on her physical body. Normally, she wouldn't be able to move for days after using the technique, but she was pulling it a little this time, trying to fill in that pathway of runes that she had always managed to power into the ground. It's too bad she hadn't had a chance to use this technique on one of the more vicious and vile dragons in this realm. The runes were made after a mage's glyph settings on his chest, this particular mage had helped her many times, and even let her study the runes, though she normally didn't care about magicks, he told her some intriguing information about them...

"These runes were made from an ancient culture -- or more accurately, religion-- once known in the human realm as the Wicca. The belief was slowed and then halted by what they called the 'Church' my friend, and those that did not go this 'Church' were heathens, outcasts and enemies of their deity. Those that did not attend were the EVIL of the world...Now on to the authority of these runes; The runes were initially meant to protect objects of great value, as m-"
   "as you're chest is." Mira stated flatly.
   "Yes yes, I was saying that. If I may go on?" her old friend had said impatiently, eager to share this knowledge for some unknown reason. "Now then, these runes are explosive, devestatingly so, and whoever or whatever touches them is in for a great deal of pain - if they survive the initial explosions."
   "What does this matter to me?" The pantheress really hadn't been caring, and it showed in her blood-red eyes clearly.
   "Well, you don't need to activate these runes with magic, only deep carving." The mage had said.
   "So?" She still didn't understand where this was going, and if he hadn't been her friend in her childhood, she would have left by now. Instead she listened, albeit only slightly.
   "So my uninterested friend, you could use these runes yourself as a trap."
   She looked up at the owl in surprise. Normally he would tell her things like 'If you were a mage you could do' this or that or some hellish scheme. Since when did he ever tell her about something useful?
   "Ah, I see some interest at last." The owl gave his own kind of smile -- a slight eye sparkle and hyper-active ruffling of his wings. And just at that moment an arrow came through the-...

She snapped awake. She wished she could see her friend again...It was amusing sometimes, that he named himself after one of those vile humans, and another mage at that! Still, she missed him...Rasputin....