The Cars We Drive

Started by Shadrok, July 30, 2008, 04:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

I'd like to think that my car is fast, too...

Jairus

I never get my car about seventy-fives miles an hour or so.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Reese Tora

Quote from: Valynth on July 31, 2008, 10:10:42 PM
Blue '04 ford Taurus.  It's been a good little car since I got it in '06, but just recently it just crapped out on me on the way home from work.  It happened when I was stopped at a light, and then I tried to pull forward when the light was green.  Unfortunately I heard a "Clunk" and suddenly, I have no forward power, given that I was on a slight slant with cars behind me, you can guess what happened.  My car rolled back slowly onto the car behind me.  I then shifted the car into park, shut off the engine and got out.  The other motorist and I talked and since there was only VERY minor damage to my car (a few scratches), and no damage to her car, we decided to just call it as an "accident" and move on.  I went back to my car to see if it would start up again, and to my delight and slight shock, it started.  I made the rest of my trip back home and I am now planning to get it into a mechanic ASAP.

In other news:  yes I got a job.  A while ago.  I don't have to tell you guys EVERYTHING.

That sounds like what happened to my previous Honda (a '92 accord) except without the 'chunk' sound, the tranny got broke to where it would give out when the car had warmed up. Fortunately, I was on a flat stretch of road (also stopped at a red light), so no roll back.  Transmissions are expensive to replace.  :analprobe
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

DarkAudit

Quote from: Azlan on August 01, 2008, 01:21:49 AM
mwahahhaa!  My cars are faster!

Jeremy Clarkson, is that you?  >:3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Helena

i drive a 99' ford taurus...the check engine light likes to come on...for no reason...
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Jairus

Okay, I've just gotten my brother's car's model from him. It's a '62 Corvair Rampside 95. Apparently it's good.

Stygian

I drive a slightly tuned Volkswagen Golf VR6. Thing is just, it's not my car. And I probably won't get one for years to come. More likely, I'll get a motorcycle instead.

Sweden is not a cheap country to live in...

rabid_fox

http://www.meinekarre.de/cars/BMW_520i_cete.jpg

Big picture. I drive one of these. Same colour and all.

"GET OFF MY ROAD, LESSER CARS, BEAMERMAN IS HERE" is the battle cry all BMW drivers are taught upon purchasing their vehicles.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... you mean Beamer drivers are aware that there are other cars on the road? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 02, 2008, 10:12:26 AM
... you mean Beamer drivers are aware that there are other cars on the road? ;-]

I certainly am. I don't get what makes people in sport cars think that they rule the road, but it's extremely annoying to see some fast thing go past you, merge into your lane with very little warning, go forward a bit, and then go right back into the lane they were in. I start wondering how their pretty little car would look if they rear-ended someone...

And if someone ever told me the "BMW battle cry," I'd probably tell them to go shove it.

DarkAudit

Yeah...

...when they get run off the road by Mercs overtaking them.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Angel

A Chevy Blazer in reasonably good condition. I can't tell the year, though, 'cause when you share a car with your older brother, he tends to steal it and take it to college so he can visit his girlfriend... But I'm not bitter.  :kruger

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Paladin Sheppard

I managed to get a 98 Saab 900 off my folks when they decided fro some reason to take a 96 Hyundai Exel off me. I'm not complaining hehe it has a 6 stacker cd player and heated seats  :)

gh0st

just started driving  >:3 but i'm driving an 02 cadillac devill (sp) half the windows don't work, the air conditioning is nothing to write home about, and the temperature where i live reaches the 90's everyday. gas costs a ton, especially since it takes plus, handles like a semi, accelerates like a turtle, my only condolence in driving it is that i don't currently own it.

rabid_fox

Quote from: DarkAudit on August 02, 2008, 03:28:32 PM

Yeah...

...when they get run off the road by Mercs overtaking them.  :mwaha

Mercs are not cars. They are land yachts.

Well, the real ones, before the accountants took over the company and the mechanics produced those gloriously over-engineered masterpieces.

Oh dear.

Sid

Opel Corsa B (Looks like this, but mine is dark green)

It's not big, it's not fast, it doesn't have air conditioning or even a CD player, but it gets me where I need to go.

And to explain why many won't recognize this, here's what Wikipedia has to say:
QuoteThe Opel Corsa is a supermini that has been produced by General Motors' European subsidiary Opel since 1982 and has also been sold under a variety of other brands (most notably Vauxhall, Chevrolet and Holden), and also spawned various derivatives in different markets, all of which are listed in appropriate sections below.

Despite its global presence, it has never been sold in the United States or Canada.
:boogie

TheGreyRonin

Quote from: Jairus on July 30, 2008, 09:13:03 PM
Quote from: TheGreyRonin on July 30, 2008, 09:08:28 PM
A 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse. Not driving right now due to health issues, though.

On your part or the car's part?

On my part, unfortunately. There are a few things that need work on her, though, but I'm in no hurry to fix them so I can sit in my driveway. *chuckles*

aserath

1998 Chevy Metro LSi. And its beaten and dented from hailstorms and a collision from someone sideswiping me.