*Adopt a Yappity*

Started by Silverfoxr, July 08, 2006, 09:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfoxr

:januscatADOPT A YAPPITY! :januscat

whats a yappity? there the little critters that appear in peoples signatures - part of the FDS Furfire world if you don't want a yappity also different species to adopt

i well not do a yappity if you don't give a proper desc - or a pic to work from yappities have a simple color theme

head ruff and tail - same color
paws - all same color
ears - seperate color
body - seperate color

adds on like markings and clothes also can be added - but without a color scheme or some extra desc i cannot make one sorry

Yaps arn't the only Species now that you can adopt - these are new species that are available for adoption Coming soon

Yappity:

Prabit:

Baapai:

Moifin:

Tanali:

all available adoptions that have been done so far are posted here
http://www.furfire.org/dmfa.html

YAPPITY LORE
-----------------

Your First Yappity
----------------------
baby yappitys are called yippities and are born with blue fur or red and pink paws - they are only half the size of a mature yap and require alot of attention and care due to there small size

yippities fur color changes around 4 months old and there fur changes to the colors they have when there adult - the paws are the last to change they actually go blue before they go to there final color

this little yip is in his final fur change growth - it'll be another month before hes paws change then he becomes a yappity

when a yippity becomes a yappity the full process takes 8 months so there only yips for a very short time

Good and evil yappities
------------------------------
there are two types of Yaps - good and evil - good yaps usually have very bright colors - the white fur on face and chest and are usually always happy - evil yaps have darker fur colors and have the dark fur color on the face

So how does a yap become good or evil - it all starts when there yippities - cause they all start out with the same blue colored hue - its how they are treated in there first 8 months - if the yip develps bad habits like chewing on furniture and if this is left unchecked the habit gets worse - but if the yip is trained not to chew on the furtinure - (yelling no or a small slap - the yap quickly learns this is wrong)

So unless you want your yappity to become an evil yappity on purpose just let the yip do what it wants to do - but if you want it to be good it well need training

there is also natural yappities - who are neither good nor evil - these yips have had some displance but not enough so they add up netural - white fur face - but there colors are mixed part dark part light

http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum1211.htm - The Original Adopt a Yappity Thread
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2878.0 - The 2nd Adopt a Yappity Thread

Please note: i am not a robot - i draw these cause i enjoy doing em, but please don't request a whole lot of yaps more then i can do - i do have a life and other projects - i well get to em eventally so please be paitent ^^ All yaps are free - but if you have a Second Life account i'd like it if you tip me (my tip jar is no located at lost lake its at my private home location which i well post later on - onces it up and running)
http://www.secondlife.com - and do a search for lost lake on the program

kaskar

:mowhappy   Silver Fox, I was just wondering if you would be able soon, to show a few of the recently available Yappity's on the recent pages  now ? If a Yappity is taken, I look for another, but at the moment I do not know which are taken, or is not. A list or showing of available Yaps could help ...  There may be a perfectly good Yap there I like that is free for adoption ...      :mowhappy
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Aridas

You. Are. Supposed. To. Ask. For. One.

bill

I think I just heard the logic bouncing off his head.

Frosty the Pyro

well I'm glad to see Silver is still going strong, when i maybe have time I'll need to look at all the new yaps.

-The Cold One

Silverfoxr

you have to request or ask for one - well sometimes do random ones but people still adopt those just yanking one from the site isnt good if that yap belongs to someone else

also cause you already have a yap - its good to wait awhile before asking for another
otherwise to many people end up with more then one - this way everyone gets a turn

also working on new species you can adopt - see the front page
you cannot adopt one of furfire species - furmentials, centizards, faffurs etc - only the feral races the little critters :)

Netrogo

Can I get a Yappity version of my avatar please?

Usually when I get alternate versions of him the vest and shades and fire are all that's necessary ^^

Head ruff and tail - brown like his hair

body, paws and ears - either a light shade of brown or grey not sure which would look better

vest and shades - same as the pic

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Senko

Not askng to adopt one just commenting that you do really good work these guy's are cute.

Kryptic

These are Fer 'dorable! I want one. ^^

If I may, I'd like one in the likeness of my Audacity.

References:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v132/sweeterswing/?action=view&current=scan-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/sweeterswing/audiecolored.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/sweeterswing/audie.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/sweeterswing/CardiBackground.png

Last one's a real Corgi - as close as I could find to Audie.

Goggles aren't necessary (those are the little straps and nubs you see behind her hair - her ears seem to take up a lot of head-space. ^^)

kaskar

Just wondering, when will the line for the extra species come in ? Also, it may be helpfull if the future owner knows of the good and bad traits in each species. Don't want the future owner getting his mouse bitten off over this ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Nyssa

Can I pleas adopt a Yappity.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Can you please read the very first post in this thread?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Silverfoxr

not dead - just cause of recent bad weather here havt been up to finishing art feeling ick doesnt help till new yaps come go vist the FDS workshop instead http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=639.msg127597#msg127597

e_voyager

so cute. i love your work sliver.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Reese Tora

Awesome as always. :)

The new race there, the Tanali, are really neat, too. ^_^
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

RobbieThe1st

Yea, well, I have decided to get one of these, so yea..
I have decided to do a strange request, color wise, and yes, this *is* what I want. I will not ask you to do it over again, do not worry.
So, could I please have a Yappity with these characteristics:

head ruff and tail - almost white
paws - dark grey
ears - light grey
body - medium grey

Shape wise, could it have some feathery wings and like 2 or 4 wing-tentacle's(whatever they are called), I.E. like This, and how about white for their coloring.

Pose wise, how about something like This or This.

Thanks in advance, and I hope that is enough information. If not, I shall give whatever information is needed.

edit:
If you haven't started this yet, would you mind adding a pair of headwings, and white for them as well. If you have, it is ok, don't worry about them.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

ChaoSynergy

Apparently Imageshack lost my Third Doctor Yappity.  You wouldn't happen to still have it saved somewhere, would you?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... on the Yappity pages, if you remember what it looks like. Last time I looked, there were 12 or 14 pages of the things....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tiger_T

You mean like... :rolleyes this one:

...which Silverfox posted [here]?

Searching for 'third doctor' could have spared you the trouble of asking.  :P :mowwink

Also... Burn your imageshack-links and come over to the Photobucket side of life. 8)
*hates Imageshack because they'll delete stuff*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Caswin

And yes, my patience for the Yappistorm (a word I just made up ten seconds ago to describe the seemingly unending flood of Yappity requests that went on longer than I care to guess at) to good and abate has paid off! (That's my belief and I'm clinging to it.)

Alright then, I'd like a Tanali based on Birdman's arch-nemesis, Number One.

Ruffs: Black.
Paws: Light grey front paws, black rear ones.
Ears: Blue.
Body: Blue.

Wearing a black hood (leaving room for that forehead crest, the gem on which should either be or be covered by a miniature skull), goggles, Sam Browne belt (complete with pistol, which may or may not be of the laser variety) and moustache/goatee-esque markings, if they're not part of regular Tanali physiology.

Reference pictures of him gloating and finally getting his comeuppance here (EDIT: jetpack optional).
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

e_voyager

Silver if it's not to much trouble can you make a yappy of  JyJy's folks Seth and Moria ?  if not i'll under stand but form some reason they are on my mind.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Quote from: Tiger_T on August 11, 2007, 04:11:57 PM*hates Imageshack because they'll delete stuff*
I'm assuming you don't actually have an account there?

Zedd

FurryFreak

.____. The yappities are as adorable as ever.  >.> <.< Might I have a Ryle yap?  My Gallery.  God knows how many pictures of him are floating around....

Caswin

F.E.A.R.'s leader - or something like him - has arrived.

So the color marking thing is just for Yappities?  Hm...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Netrogo

Yay Netyap!!!

Thank ya Silver :)
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

I would wonder be too much to ask to make yap of the tenth doctor  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Doctor and maybe along side with a mini yap of Martha Jones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Jones

e_voyager

yea thank you Sliver i'll put it in my Sig lather tonight but not i need to rest and recharge.