The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

She wasn't that unconcerned back at the garden chat scene. I read her as confused, and trying to make sense of what the hell is being talked about, but utterly confused...

Of course, if you look at the scripts, I also read it as -May- doing all the questions, and Hennya simply stepping in a couple of times. It's not exactly clear who's doing what - and, if you look, May -does- start asking questions without waiting for answers in the previous panel...

Maybe it's just me who sees his mother going off the rails...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 22, 2007, 04:54:57 PM
**EDIT**
Oh, Tezkat - you did Pegasus, didn't you?  Any chance you could reprise the role?  he turns up in 707,708 and 711, although he's presumably going to return in the next month or so when they come back to deal with the 'succubus'.

Hmm... I might have recorded those in the batch I did before leaving for Christmas type adventures. I'll have to check. (I know I at least did the "hittin' that kitten" line, cuz that's just fun to say.  :kittycool) If not, though... you might be waiting a bit unless you're interested in the hoarse silliness I produce under the influence of prescription opiates. Two weeks of constant coughing and other respiratory ailments have been hell on my vocal cords.  :kittydepressed

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 26, 2007, 05:49:44 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 26, 2007, 05:11:23 PM
Sorry, I got distracted by work. :-/

http://llearch.net/radio/recordings/Hennya_recording.wav and http://llearch.net/radio/recordings/Best-ish.wav

Thanks.   I'll check them out now...

**EDIT**

Okay, tech-wise, it has the popping problem.  As described above, try to speak across the mic rather than into it.  Also the recording is a bit too loud and goes into distortion.

Yeah, most of the recording was clipping. There was some popping too... but it was mostly drowned out by the clipping. I'd advise standing farther back from the mic when you record and maybe turning down the gain (input volume) a little.

I personally read Hennya as nice and bubbly but also a bit spacey and out of touch. Somewhat Valley girl, maybe...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on February 26, 2007, 06:24:30 PM
Hmm... I might have recorded those in the batch I did before leaving for Christmas type adventures. I'll have to check. (I know I at least did the "hittin' that kitten" line, cuz that's just fun to say.  :kittycool) If not, though... you might be waiting a bit unless you're interested in the hoarse silliness I produce under the influence of prescription opiates. Two weeks of constant coughing and other respiratory ailments have been hell on my vocal cords.  :kittydepressed

No rush, I've only just got the systems back to the point where I can start working on these again.  If you can dig up the Pegasus recordings, I'd like to hear them :)

QuoteI personally read Hennya as nice and bubbly but also a bit spacey and out of touch. Somewhat Valley girl, maybe...
I'd put the emphasis on 'spacey and out of touch', but that might just be me.
She's got the excuse (according to Amber) that she's trying to integrate into Being society without really understanding it properly, but somehow I'm reminded of Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 26, 2007, 06:13:24 PMOf course, if you look at the scripts, I also read it as -May- doing all the questions, and Hennya simply stepping in a couple of times. It's not exactly clear who's doing what

I might recommend having Hennya ask a couple of the questions.  Having only one voice for those scenes might get a little monotonous, and having two voices would also allow the two characters to talk on top of each other, speeding up the pacing of the scene and adding to the confusion and drama.

I would specifically recommend ``We should message a medical healer,'' which seems to be part of a dialogue, with May responding ``No!  We need some law enforcer!''  Also, I would recommend ``Were you mugged?'' because Hennya later seems interested in that line of questioning.

As to the voice, I don't mean to offend, but after I hear ``Oh my'' intoned that way (from the Hennya_recording.wav version), I half expect to hear, ``God, Becky!  Look at her butt.  It is so big.''  The voice should go up at the end.  Also, enunciate.  You trip over Soulstealer and a few other words.  Slow down, do as many retakes as you need to.

I finally figured out what was going wrong with my tape recorder, so I might give a rendering as to how I'd do it, if Hennya were a man.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Hilary

I imagined Hennya reading the lines Sienna read... I suppose because they're on her side of the panel. I thought of her as slightly Valley-Girl-ish. Kind of like if Luna Lovegood was born in Los Angeles. Heh. :knifed

Aridas

You guys are NOT letting anyone else get the spider lines! ALL MINE MINE MINE

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 01, 2007, 09:29:33 PM
Yeah, go ahead.

Tezkat, did you manage to dig up the new Pegasus lines?

Tapewolf

Zedd

Aridas

shodan's better at being a psycho voice >.>

GabrielsThoughts

you should really ad a record scratch sound at the end...before people forget what that sounds like.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 01, 2007, 09:29:33 PM
hmmm...I don't know, there are a-lot of spiders around
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 15, 2007, 11:46:06 PMhmmm...I don't know, there are a-lot of spiders around

That's a good point.  Can I claim the histories?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 15, 2007, 09:56:36 PM
shodan's better at being a psycho voice >.>
It wasn't done under ideal conditions... I had to get the old house in order to hand over the keys this morningĀ¹ so I did that one at about midnight.
I should have tried to do the harmonisation thing, though.

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 12:34:04 AM
That's a good point.  Can I claim the histories?
Not quite sure what you're referring to there, but if you have a role in mind, feel free to record a test clip and put a link to it here.

Ā¹As I feared, they were less than impressed with my cleaning skills.  I felt rather like a puppy having their nose rubbed in something they'd left

GabrielsThoughts

I was thinking maybe Adrias and I could work together on the spiders, both of us would do the same lines and it would give a creepy Simone effect as an example I did myself with myself doing the spiders, but if I did it with somebody else the effect would be more bizarre and  creepy.

shall-I-compare
alas poor...
borne me on his back
theese lips-68

and I don't mean an echo effect either I mean literally two different voices at once.
let me know what you think.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 16, 2007, 11:39:28 AM
and I don't mean an echo effect either I mean literally two different voices at once.
let me know what you think.

Memo to self: never visit putfile.com while in Windows

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 16, 2007, 12:06:30 PM
Want help?
Not yet, I'll get them in Linux when I get home.  Thanks for the offer, though.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 16, 2007, 08:38:52 AMIt wasn't done under ideal conditions... I had to get the old house in order to hand over the keys this morningĀ¹ so I did that one at about midnight.
I should have tried to do the harmonisation thing, though.

That was you? (I never remembered hearing that voice in the radio project)  Have you ever considered being a continuity announcer?

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 12:34:04 AMThat's a good point.  Can I claim the histories?
Not quite sure what you're referring to there, but if you have a role in mind, feel free to record a test clip and put a link to it here.[/quote]

Well, if the different colors seem to reflect which type of work they tend to recite, then you would expect green to be sonnet, magenta to be tragedy...so there should be one of the colors that is associated with Shakespeare's histories.  I'm saying that when that one comes up, I'm calling it.

Aridas

Well a spider is spider.. they don't usually sound a whole lot different..

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 05:36:28 PM
That was you? (I never remembered hearing that voice in the radio project)  Have you ever considered being a continuity announcer?
If you listen to the very end of the 'Warrior For Hire' recording, you'll hear my previous attempt at continuity.  Put me right off it :P

I was aiming for Merlitz, but I'm a little rusty and the EQ wasn't set up right for cat-boy anyway... Merlitz has a higher pitch, so it was closer to my normal speaking voice.

What you heard was taken from about 5 takes where I couldn't hear what it sounded like until after the recording and had great difficulty saying the word 'project' for some reason  :rolleyes
One of the issues with the move is that the new room sounds very different, although I believe I now know where to put the mic to minimize room echo.

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 12:34:04 AMWell, if the different colors seem to reflect which type of work they tend to recite, then you would expect green to be sonnet, magenta to be tragedy...so there should be one of the colors that is associated with Shakespeare's histories.  I'm saying that when that one comes up, I'm calling it.

Ah, gotcha.

Gabriel, I like the idea of double-tracking the spiders.  Your recordings aren't bad, but I do feel the spiders should have higher-pitched voices.  Playing your back 25% fast works quite well, though.

Tapewolf

Recipe for disasters, part 3(5?).

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/disasters5.wav.mp3

Once again, Seraline does a splendidly excitable Aaryanna, particularly when Dan's headwings appear.

Tapewolf

Been a while (not least because of Morrowind, damn you) but here's the latest:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/abel71_pre1.wav.mp3

Insane Kaos was incredibly busy so I've had had to do Abel myself for now, but IMHO I've really set the bar for him  >:3

Unfortunately Sienna Maiu - our Hennya hopeful - looks like she's offline for Easter so I wasn't able to get her to do the complete set of lines.  This means that I'm subbing for her too.  I got fed up of that so there's a chunk missing around #75, but anyway, if you ever wanted to hear Abel having a nervous breakdown, now's your chance  :P

GabrielsThoughts

wow... Jakob does a horrible impression of a girl.

Zedd

Carful..Walls have ears..wolf kind

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Tapewolf, your walls need their hair trimming from their ears again. And you could probably use a Q-tip on them, too..."

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 09, 2007, 09:23:50 PM
wow... Jakob does a horrible impression of a girl.

Why do you think I cut the middle segment out?  It was dire.
Seriously, it's nice to see some actual feedback on this thing for a change.

GabrielsThoughts

I think you sound like Corneil  from Corneil and Bernie, but that may be because you're English... and I still have trouble picking out the difference between an English accent and an Australian one.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2007, 07:26:05 PM
Been a while (not least because of Morrowind, damn you) but here's the latest:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/abel71_pre1.wav.mp3

I liked the intro music.

I'm not quite sure what to say about your acting, since it's all placeholder stuff. It was a funny listen, though.   :mowhappy

I thought May was well done. She does seem to break character on a few lines, though, making her sound a lot younger (e.g. "Cid, is that you?").

Bleh... I'm waaaaay behind on my own recordings. It seems I haven't been home for more than a few days at a time in the past several months, and even then I'm usually too tired or busy to record. (Well, except for February, but then I was enjoying a lung infection that took two courses of antibiotics to kill.) I did recently pick up a USB mic with which to practice on the road, but the recording quality is down in the kill it with fire range--the mic sounds cheap, and my laptop's audio is quite noisy. :animesweat I suppose it could serve as placeholder stuff if we're desperate, though...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 10, 2007, 06:15:18 PM
I liked the intro music.

That's the tail end of the piece for when Kria and her mysterious teacher are discussing the attack.  Done on the Triton.

QuoteI'm not quite sure what to say about your acting, since it's all placeholder stuff. It was a funny listen, though.
Yeah, well it was fun to go completely mad.  The big question is - is that what Insane should be aiming for?

QuoteI thought May was well done. She does seem to break character on a few lines, though, making her sound a lot younger (e.g. "Cid, is that you?").
There were a couple of times when 'Hennya!' came out too mellow, she should have been freaking out more.  Also the "did they get cut off?" is kind of feeble, particularly compared to the "Where are your WINGS?" line, which I thought was very well done.

Have you got any unreleased recordings kicking around?  I believe you had some from Christmas...