06/04/08 [DMFA #911] - shanna knows the soul of ice technique

Started by GabrielsThoughts, June 04, 2008, 12:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 04, 2008, 01:57:40 PMWow. Am I the only one who thought that Shanna was giving Aliyka the finger in the last panel, behind the tremendous glowy effects?

SHIIIINIIIING FIIIIIIINGER

~Keaton the Black Jackal
I had the impression her hands were open myself, so what I had in mind was more along the lines of

PSYCHO CRUSHER!!!!
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ren Gaulen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jack McSlay on June 04, 2008, 03:07:07 PM
I had the impression her hands were open myself, so what I had in mind was more along the lines of

PSYCHO CRUSHER!!!!

Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 04, 2008, 03:27:20 PM

PSYCHO CRUSHER!!!!

What is it?
It's a move M. Bison from Street Fighter uses

Angel

Woohoo! More pointless destructive fight scenes! Yay!

And now we know that Shanna isn't just an arrogant blowhard... sort of. Huzzah.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Ellian

The only thing bothering me about is that they should rather fight side by side instead of each other. Nothing against a good fight among friends, but in case they knock each other out, wouldn't that be a bit too easy for Dark Pegasus and his guards then?

Psaakyrn

Except that they don't know she's not a guard, and she happens to be chasing Dan and Hannah
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Ren Gaulen

Also there is the fact that Aliyka seems to be blinded by rage and won't listen to reason anyway.
Go, Shanna! Show her who's got the power! :battleroyale

Eibborn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 04, 2008, 03:27:20 PM

PSYCHO CRUSHER!!!!

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

*snrk*
/kicks the internet over

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 04, 2008, 01:57:40 PM
Wow. Am I the only one who thought that Shanna was giving Aliyka the finger in the last panel, behind the tremendous glowy effects?

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Dangit. Now you've done it. Now I'm gonna have to go back and watch EVERY one of those episodes.

Slowtini

So... Anyone else wondering why Alikya's clothes didn't go "RRRIP" and fall to the floor in shreds when Kittymode activated?

DMFA Super-Spandex?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Slowtini on June 04, 2008, 09:48:06 PM
So... Anyone else wondering why Alikya's clothes didn't go "RRRIP" and fall to the floor in shreds when Kittymode activated?

DMFA Super-Spandex?

I like how people seem to accept that there is this magical world where anything is possible...except for creatures to be able to design clothes that can magically alter with the owner. :U

Aleolus

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 04, 2008, 10:23:17 PM

I like how people seem to accept that there is this magical world where anything is possible...except for creatures to be able to design clothes that can magically alter with the owner. :U

Well, you know how it is, Amber, your readers want tons of fanservice, from every character of their sexual preference (female, in my case), and expect you to draw accordingly.  Not me, of course.  I know that you will draw the kind of artwork you want to, so if you feel like doing cheesecake/beefcake, you will, otherwise you will keep this comic at it's PG rating.

*EDIT* Either that, or they can only accept so many laws of physics being broken before feeling the need to say something, either one.

Kibin

Quote from: Slowtini on June 04, 2008, 09:48:06 PM

DMFA Super-Spandex?

Duh, people just want to see Alikya without clothing.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ralanost on June 04, 2008, 11:56:38 AM
The more and more I see of them, the more I keep thinking that they are all undead.  They all have some color in them that looks quite dead.  Not that something living would have it.   :zombiekun2

I am looking forward to the carnage ahead. >:3

Anna and Shanna are too much intact (no visible seams, stitches or missing flesh) to be zombies. If not Zombie, what other undead are you suggesting?

Like you, looking forward to the fight. I think Shanna beats down Aliyka, at least to the point of listening, if not to unconsciousness. (Will she unconsciously revert to phoenix or normal size feline, or just stay the same?)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

TheCrazyMeerkat

Selective acceptance, Amber. Selective acceptance. :)

Kuari

...you know, this only just NOW hit me, but anyone else find it ironic that the dog is afraid of the cat in this case?  Also...  thinking about it, Anna has yet to show what her skills consist of..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on June 05, 2008, 06:58:30 AM
...you know, this only just NOW hit me, but anyone else find it ironic that the dog is afraid of the cat in this case?
That's not exactly a like-for-like comparison... more like putting a Jack Russell terrier in the same room as an adult leopard.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kuari on June 05, 2008, 06:58:30 AM
...you know, this only just NOW hit me, but anyone else find it ironic that the dog is afraid of the cat in this case?  Also...  thinking about it, Anna has yet to show what her skills consist of..
But cats often tend to be far scarier than dogs, anyway. My grandmother used to have a cat that could send a German shepherd running scared. It all depends on the temperament of both a cat and a dog. Also, it is a natural reaction to be afraid of an angered predator three times larger than you. :3

Kuari

Heh, I'm used to seeing smaller dogs thinking they can take on bigger animals :p

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kibin on June 05, 2008, 01:04:18 AM
Duh, people just want to see Alikya without clothing.

Yeah. In a PG-rated comic. That's so going to happen.

*sigh* Stupidity is rampant.

Quote from: Not-Ren-Anymore on June 05, 2008, 07:15:12 AM
But cats often tend to be far scarier than dogs, anyway. My grandmother used to have a cat that could send a German shepherd running scared. It all depends on the temperament of both a cat and a dog. Also, it is a natural reaction to be afraid of an angered predator three times larger than you. :3

Friends of mine used to have a very small cat called "Mouse". She used to beat up all the big toms in the neighbourhood - she'd wander up, swat them across the nose, with claws, and run like hell.

So you'd get this yowl, and then this tiny cat runs past, followed by a big tom in hot pursuit.

Directly under a car.

She'd race in, roll on her side, and wait. They'd come in after her, and crouch under the car to fit. At which point, she'd let rip with all four sets of claws and teeth, and they'd decide discretion is the better part of valour and make a break for it.

Another yowl, and a big tom goes racing past you in the other direction, followed by this tiny spitting furball...

Damn funny...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Daymond42

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 04, 2008, 01:57:40 PM
Wow. Am I the only one who thought that Shanna was giving Aliyka the finger in the last panel, behind the tremendous glowy effects?

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Never thought I'd see a Gundam reference in this forum.. :D

"The sky...."
"... is burning red!!"

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Daymond42 on June 05, 2008, 10:11:01 AM
Never thought I'd see a Gundam reference in this forum.. :D

"The sky...."
"... is burning red!!"
There was a bunch of G Gundam references here, believe me. Oh, here's a good one! :3

e_voyager

magic clothes were my first thought as shapeshifters need them quite often. also when i saw those glowing hands my first thought was  "OVERSOUL"  not the same a digisoul butt relates i believe.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Kuari on June 04, 2008, 01:40:43 AM
LOL!!!!!!!

But seriously, Shanna either knows some ice or water melee enhancing abilities, or she has Yu Yu Hakusho spiritual energy filled fists of death 0.o

I think she has 'creature-like abilities', considering a comment from Hannah when Shanna tried to punch her way out of the box :-3 for some reason Anna strikes me as a healer...perhaps with ninja skills.

Oh how glorious that would be.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on June 05, 2008, 01:38:54 PM
I think she has 'creature-like abilities', considering a comment from Hannah when Shanna tried to punch her way out of the box :-3 for some reason Anna strikes me as a healer...perhaps with ninja skills.

A ninja-healer. Heals you without enemies noticing. Or even without you noticing. :3

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 05, 2008, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on June 05, 2008, 01:38:54 PM

A ninja-healer. Heals you without enemies noticing. Or even without you noticing. :3

Heh, now that you've said, I can imagine her standing there healing Shanna's wouds as she fights with Shanna not realising...and Shanna putting it down to her awesomeness XD

Slowtini

Quote from: Aleolus on June 04, 2008, 11:24:25 PM

Well, you know how it is, Amber, your readers want tons of fanservice, from every character of their sexual preference (female, in my case), and expect you to draw accordingly.  Not me, of course.  I know that you will draw the kind of artwork you want to, so if you feel like doing cheesecake/beefcake, you will, otherwise you will keep this comic at it's PG rating.

*EDIT* Either that, or they can only accept so many laws of physics being broken before feeling the need to say something, either one.

It was the physics one god-damnit! D:<

Gareeku

*half expects shiney/crazy super moves/super combos á la Capcom Vs. series* >>

Regards, this should be pretty cool.