Another person with severe mental issues..and apparently he's christian...

Started by Don, May 17, 2008, 06:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

I couldn't find the story link but since the guy was in my town i think i can cover enough of it with what I know for fact about him.

So basically there was a guy from Edmonton Alberta in my town trying to hunt down this girl he used to go to high-school with, he apparently found her once and slashed her arm with a normal sized pocket knife.

The police and ambulance showed up to save her shortly after thanks to the girls neighboor calling in, however he was able to escape back into the town. Apparently after this event he went to a computer and e-mailed his brother saying *I failed to kill her, but my mission isn't over yet*.

He attempted to get inside of the hospital to attack her but she was guarded by police and he was forced to retreat to a city a few hours away called Calgary, it was there that they finally caught him when he was on his way back here. They later found out his reason for trying to kill the girl..was that he claimed her to be the anti-christ.

is it just me or.. do christians seem to be getting the short end of the stick with people these days? Between all the extremists and people like this guy, it seems to me that the number of wackos are increasing.

rabid_fox

There's a hell of a lot of Christians, so we'll get our fair share of nutters. It's like anything with large numbers of people in.

Oh dear.

Don

True, I guess this would be one of those "In every group, fandom and religion there's always people who make the majority look bad" moments. It's just somewhat hard to keep that in mind sometimes though.

rabid_fox

It's because, like it or not, the scum are always more interesting.

Oh dear.

Don

Apparently so..stupid media and their smut sells crap..ah well, no point in hanging around something that can't be helped. I still think this was something worth sharing and I've shared it, so with my common ground achieved..I'm going to make a pot of tea.

Brunhidden

Keep in mind how huge a chunk of the population Christians are, and most of them by far don't act in any way that would make you say 'theres a Christian' because if you look closely the Christian faith actually frowns on public displays of assholery. ayep, the average Christian looks just like anyone else, theres nowhere that says they have to tattoo a cross on their face, shave their head, or scream at people who kiss- people who do so have missed the point entirely

the law of stupid volume dictates that the dumbest people in any group will be attracted to all cameras and when caught doing something heinous will automatically scream out anyone they're affiliated with. its the same reason why when a muslum shoots an old lady for buying ice they immediately scream 'allah akbar!' as though saying 'god is great' is a valid excuse for being a nutcase despite the 80% or so of muslums who are just peachy and don't shoot anyone at all.

perhaps the church should consider quality control, anyone who is unable to put 2 and 2 together when reading 'thou shall not kill' and 'thou shall not be a jackass' should not be allowed to affiliate themselves with the organized church.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

rabid_fox

I'm also up for some kind of parenting test. You know..besides the practical exam.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 17, 2008, 07:04:56 AM
I'm also up for some kind of parenting test. You know..besides the practical exam.

Whilst I'm up with this, the problem is that the people who abide by it will go extinct in ~50 years, and the people who sneak out of the way won't.

Which leaves us in a pickle...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Some people are just crazy.
Unfortunately some use religion to justify their craziness or hatred. I don't think the guy being Christian has anything to do with anything. He just had mental issues.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Zina on May 17, 2008, 07:18:19 AM
Some people are just crazy.
Unfortunately some use religion to justify their craziness or hatred. I don't think the guy being Christian has anything to do with anything. He just had mental issues.

bingo, and one day i can just see a children's TV show telling kids to remember that vicious psychopaths can come from any religion, neighborhood, ethnicity, or social class
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Valynth

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 17, 2008, 07:03:47 AM
the law of stupid volume dictates that the dumbest people in any group will be attracted to all cameras and when caught doing something heinous will automatically scream out anyone they're affiliated with. its the same reason why when a muslum shoots an old lady for buying ice they immediately scream 'allah akbar!' as though saying 'god is great' is a valid excuse for being a nutcase despite the 80% or so of muslums who are just peachy and don't shoot anyone at all.

Well, that and the fact that their mainstream religion will allow it if she wasn't Muslim or wasn't wearing gloves or was a prostitute, etc.

Granted I'll believe that most Muslims won't act on that, but that doesn't mean it isn't part of their religion.  Like catholics that don't go to mass on sunday, but still call themselves catholic.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Alondro

Muslims still have 'honor-killings'.  There was a very recent case where a father and his sons killed his daughter for talking with a British soldier, and they thought she might have had relations with him.  They stamped her to death.  Prosecutions for that kind of killing are rare because radical Islamic beliefs practically demand it to punish women.

At least when Christians do this stuff, they pretty much are genuinely crazy.  The people that carry out honor-killings are just plain evil.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Honor killings?
Bah! She was in the hospital! In comparison, her level was much to low for him to be rewarded honor points!
>_>

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on May 17, 2008, 10:36:38 PM
Muslims still have 'honor-killings'.  There was a very recent case where a father and his sons killed his daughter for talking with a British soldier, and they thought she might have had relations with him.  They stamped her to death.  Prosecutions for that kind of killing are rare because radical Islamic beliefs practically demand it to punish women.

At least when Christians do this stuff, they pretty much are genuinely crazy.  The people that carry out honor-killings are just plain evil.

I'll beat everyone to to punch and go ahead and state that female Muslims are the primary supporters of these rules.  This, however, is because the religion of Islam PURPOSEFULLY pitches women against each other in a life-death struggle.  It does this in a rather simple yet ingenious way.  It allows men to have more than one legal wife.  This causes the fight to keep men faithful to change from one of primarily emotional combat to one of economic combat because if a man already has a wife, the next wife he gets lowers the amounts of time/money/food that he can get for each one.

Thus each Islamic woman is essentially forced to fight every other Islamic woman to maintain the victorious Islamic woman's economic stability within her current/hopeful marriage.

This allows the men to have almost complete authority in martial/sexual concerns since the women are too busy fighting each other to fight for equality.  A house divided and all that.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

gh0st

what i personally find interesting is that your still calling him christian even after he slit his girl friends wrists, hell if i'd have done it then tried to goto church the pastor would pin me to the floor and beat me with a bible before he'd call me a christian, if his wife hadn't already tried to perform a rudimentary exorcism. i love my pastors/teachers, mainly because they care, and really it's more than i could say about most of the people i meet.

Valynth

Meh, anytime so nut goes off the deep end and claims "a god told me to do it" people tend to say he's a member of the largest religion just because they have a greater chance of being right, regardless of how distant he was from that religion or it's message.