Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

It does, but it seems it forces me into peace mode until I get 2 provinces. Until then it won't let me switch. I'll be stuck at one province for awhile until I get more financial help to get enough progression points.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How would you like that help delivered?

Since I recently sold off 90k of food at 168 per, I have some spare cash lying about... some 50 million in spare change...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

50 million... spare? Dang. Well, I put up some wood. I swear it would be cheaper to burn stacks of money to keep warm then to burn this wood. XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

Taken. I just sold another 50k food for 9.25 million, so it should work out even.

Man, being a food-whore country rocks. ;-]

Edit:
BTW, James, did you want to sell prog?

James StarRunner

Ya, someone just asked me about that, but I don't know how to.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Talk to me on IM, if you want details, sometime. It's reasonably trivial, and an excellent moneyspinner...

Darkdragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 18, 2008, 05:32:14 AM
How would you like that help delivered?

Since I recently sold off 90k of food at 168 per, I have some spare cash lying about... some 50 million in spare change...
How I fairly envy you for being a pure food nation :B

Tezkat

Heh... We've got a tentative merger offer from the GOONS. Standard reply?

I don't really pay much attention to Galava these days...  :B
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't plan on merging with someone random else...

But then, with galava, I can quite happy play all by my lonesome... ;-]

Darkdragon

Quote from: TezkatHeh... We've got a tentative merger offer from the GOONS. Standard reply?
Ask if they are willing to settle with a NAP with an optional defence clause like one we have with Thugz. Don't mention the Thugz part unless if they specifically ask for it. Strictly speaking, we don't need it, at least in beta, but diplomatic ties tend to carry over such limitations.
Quote from: TezkatI don't really pay much attention to Galava these days...
That's OK. If you're not planning any wars logging in about once a day is really enough. We should be working on stuff like writing a wiki article on our Cybernations guild and perhaps one on the Galavan guild. :animesweat:

llearch n'n'daCorna

When you do, make sure to point out that "banker" is spelt with a W.

Darkdragon

I tried something today and clicked "Would you like to start an election?" in the guild panel. I'm wondering how it would affect the guild. You're welcome to try and vote to test the voting system, since I can't cancel it. You're also welcome to ignore it.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 21, 2008, 05:33:23 PM
When you do, make sure to point out that "banker" is spelt with a W.

Please enlighten me on such spelling. I am not so good at spelling to realize "banker" can be spelt with a "w".

llearch n'n'daCorna

It goes at the start. Instead of the b. ;-]

fisherman

llearch n'n'daCorna

I thought we did?

Or was that CN?

Darkdragon

That was for CN. We could, however, always use one of the many recolours which were "rejected" from CN to use...

Joe3210

I'm now in this game only to become inactive after three months.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Darkdragon

Why?
================================
You're initiated.

Please look at the Galava Guide. Most of it still stands, but there have been a few changes, notably in numbers. Its best not to trust the numbers (as they are mostly outdated) but many principles still stand. A few noteworthy changes, off the top of my head:

• Land prices and building structures are now static and work on diminishing returns
  • Solider "soft cap" in place. I personally have over 10 times the soft cap amount and still turn a small profit, so I can vouch for its ineffectiveness.
  • I think you just don't have to have any active wars to change the order of provinces, and you can enter peace mode if you don't have any offensive wars, but that won't stop your defensive war
If you have any questions, I'm sure one of us would answer it. Or check the Galava Wiki:)

Joe3210

Thanks for the information. >:3
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, by the way, I owe fisherman a stack of progression. If you'd like to sell to him, let me know, and I'll organise some money transfer in your direction.

fisherman

I'd like to announce our ODP eventually, but Tez told me a couple months ago to wait on a flag.  What should I do?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I think use the CN flag, it's the last time we agreed on anything. ;-]

Darkdragon

Not really, it's the last time we almost agreed on anything. But I agree with llearch.

Oh, by the way, is there a text I can see before hand? I'm curious as what that would read. Thanks in advance.

fisherman

As far as writing treaties I'm kind of a minimalist.  http://forums.galava.net/index.php?showtopic=10544

You guys want something more detailed?  Also, can I have a flag link?  You guys can always change your flag.

Darkdragon

Quote from: Darkdragon on October 21, 2008, 12:03:27 PM
Quote from: TezkatHeh... We've got a tentative merger offer from the GOONS. Standard reply?
Ask if they are willing to settle with a NAP with an optional defence clause like one we have with Thugz. Don't mention the Thugz part unless if they specifically ask for it. Strictly speaking, we don't need it, at least in beta, but diplomatic ties tend to carry over such limitations.

DraGOONS have started pestering me with this. Does anyone object to attempting to negotiate an NAP?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't, but then, I wouldn't, would I? *dons hippie hat*

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 19, 2008, 03:50:27 AM
I don't, but then, I wouldn't, would I? *dons hippie hat*

*rolls the hat, smokes it, and promptly leaves to find more munchies*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

fisherman

Can I ask which GOON specifically you are talking to?

Darkdragon

You can. Bluestreak2k5 is the GOON what invited me into the message conversation, and Salithus is in the conversation also. I hope that helps.

Cogidubnus

As long as they're not affiliated with Goonsquad, I have no problems.