Join DMFA on Planet Bob!

Started by Tezkat, May 06, 2008, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Our Cybernations thread is fast approaching the 1000 post mark and probably not very accessible to those not already playing, so I thought I'd give any otherwise interested parties a quick introduction to what we're all about.

:kittycool

Cyber Nations is web-based MMO virtual nation simulator. You play a turn once per day, building the economy and military of your nation. The game's virtual world, affectionately known as Planet Bob, contains over 30 thousand players with whom you might interact. Sometimes with cash and trade deals. Sometimes with guns and nukes. :gun1 Sometimes as part of the huge diplomatic dimension on top of the game that connect thousands of nations together in webs of alliances.

DMFA is one of those alliances. We're small by CN alliance standards, and alliances with more strong nations have more influence in the wider world of Cyber Nations. That means we need your help. We've tried to keep it close and friendly by only recruiting people from these boards, so all your fellow alliance members will be people you know. We now have many powerful nations who have been playing for well over a year (i.e. rich friends who can powerlevel you up to a size that would take months to achieve on your own :3). And you'll be able to help us grow as well, since small nations have access to cheap stuff no longer available to larger nations.

It's not a huge time commitment. Playing takes only minutes a day. (The caveat being that it's a few minutes every day, or as near to that as you can manage. Planet Bob is a persistent world that continues without you when you're not around, and months of work can be deleted if you go missing for three weeks.) Plus of course the time to visit us here on the forums and keep abreast of current events... but then, you do that anyway, don't you? :animesweat

If that sounds like something you might want to try, go register a nation, check out the guide, and pop over to visit us in the main thread.

:mowcookie

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...