No pie for you!

Started by Brunhidden, May 02, 2008, 04:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Due to rising food prices there shall be some cutbacks, one of which is that prison inmates are finding they may no longer get coffee or desert.

the horror.

the sheriff in charge of the Milwaukee area jail where this actually made headline news (Milwaukee is kinda slow for news, most noteworthy events revolving entirely around beer and sausage) had the following to say "why should they get desert? heck, I don't even get desert!"

other prisons are finding that their PB&J sandwiches no longer have J, hot meals are being replaced by cold meals, and one rather dramatic case in Virginia found that the milk has been watered down into a 'milk product' and the addition of any more water would classify it as 'tepid water'

now get back in your cells before i taze the lot of ya
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

James StarRunner

Bad convicts! No come back out! Stay in! No cookie!

That's a sad state we're in when convicts gets better hospitality then the general public...

Valynth

But then why would the homeless and starving hobos commit crimes and thus drive the need for more prisons to line the pockets of corpulent building tycoons?

(the sarcasm is strong in this post.)
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Reese Tora

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080428/D90ARFHO5.html 

It's amazing how much prisoners feel thier comfort needs to be catered to while they're supposedly being punished for commiting crimes. (in most cases)

:giveadamn
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Valynth

It's amazing that he's actually suing for what most people in his condition would be paying huge amounts of cash for...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Gryphon

Actually in this case there is a good reason for it. A study found that the cost to provide an equivalent amount of calories found in the desert would cost more than the desert itself. Of course the response was they could eat lard but...

rabid_fox

Look into the corruption in the Maze. That was appalling. The prisoners ran the prison.

Oh dear.

Zedd

Well this would be a big problem for some...Not a single sweet for someone who has a file in their cake

Toric

It's a controversial issue. Basic human rights versus... you know..... punishment. It's really tough to feel sorry for a 300 pound man who's complaining about weight loss though.
Yap by Silver.