Loooooooooong work hours...

Started by Alondro, April 24, 2008, 08:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Ok, here I am in the lab as usual, having pulled yet another all-nighter of PCRs, paraffin sectioning, and dissection.  When I finally get to leave today, I'll have put in 25 hours non-stop (save for short meal breaks).

I'm amazed that after doing this for so long, I can still manage cohesive sentences and thought patterns.

But I suppose with my superior intellect and will, I can manage to overcome the unrelenting fatigue and continue without a trace of psychosi... OOOOOOOOOOOOOh lookit teh pretty room goes swirly!  Tee-hee!  I pokeyed meself with a needle!  It R ouchie.  I like it when the red water comes out...  *conks*   :dribble

*Anyone else work insane hours regularly?*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

No. But I do stay awake all night reading books on a surprisingly frequent basis.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cvstos

I recently pulled a 50-hour programming marathon.  Had to take a 24 hour break afterwards or risk burning out right before finals.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Brunhidden

ive had 12 hour shifts with no breaks operating lasers, and more recently ive had to work an 8 hour shift followed immediately by a 6 hour shift at a different place with less then an hour in between

always not fun, especially when you come home to four hours of sleep on the floor
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

bill

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 24, 2008, 09:09:00 AM
No. But I do stay awake all night reading books on a surprisingly frequent basis.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: bill on April 24, 2008, 01:35:01 PM

Wow. It's not often that Bill is speechless. ;-]

Dakata

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 24, 2008, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: bill on April 24, 2008, 01:35:01 PM
Wow. It's not often that Bill is speechless. ;-]
Actually, I stole his keyboard. I needed another one for my hoard and just stole his, since it was just sitting around on a computer desk. I don't think he's noticed yet. ;) Hope you don't mind, Bill!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dak on April 24, 2008, 03:55:47 PM
Actually, I stole his keyboard. I needed another one for my hoard and just stole his, since it was just sitting around on a computer desk. I don't think he's noticed yet. ;) Hope you don't mind, Bill!

... if he does, how is he going to type a message telling you so?

Dakata

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 24, 2008, 04:04:23 PM
Quote from: Dak on April 24, 2008, 03:55:47 PM

... if he does, how is he going to type a message telling you so?
(1) Steal someone else's keyboard.
(2) Steal his keyboard back.
(3) Buy a new keyboard.
(4) Telepathy. (Some of my friends tell me they use that when their internet's "down" all the time!)
(5) Magic.
(6) He can't! :)

sux 2 b Bill

Brunhidden

and here is where i could suggest a line of crazy effective energy products- one of which makes you unable to sleep for eight hours, another makes you babble like an insane idiot, and another one which more or less gives you a caffeine buzz for a full five hours but no crash.

but i wont, cause im not quite that evil to hock stuff here..... ill go over THERE, and sell energy gum
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.