02/01/08 [DMFA #873] It's a doppleganger!

Started by Pagan, February 01, 2008, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

in this case Dan never actually threw a punch. instead he left himself open as was hit by property destroying attacks that used him as the hammer of bat if you prefer.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AndersW

It appears that Amber got a new steamroller for Christmas, and is taking it for a test-drive.  I wonder how much insurance costs for a steamroller?

And in honor of this huge surprise...

Alondro

*Charline would compliment Dee on the evil, if she weren't good now...  :< *

Instead, I must scold her for being naughty and say things like "Tsk, Tsk, how uncivilized".  Arg!  I can't take this goodness much longer!

... On the other paw, I'm making a mint selling doilies and crumpets...  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Paul on February 01, 2008, 07:41:19 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2008, 04:10:09 AMWhat disturbs me (more than Dee describing herself as 'hot' and the 'your Mom seduced me' bit in 867) is that she actually has sent her only son off to attack a 700-year-old demon who left him clinically dead the last time.
Well, it rather does support Abel and Fi's claim that Destania is a cold and evil creature.

I dunno.  It seems that Destinia has some sort of reason to keep Dan away from her for the time being, she could very well have dug up DP and sent Dan on a wild goose chase just to keep him out of (too much) trouble.

You have to admit, she did teach Dan a very good lesson about his Cubi nature.  Now that he's fallen victim to the mind-reading trick she played on him in that scene, he'll be much more wary (maybe) when he tries it again.  This time he got off light, his mother spanked him.  With anyone else, he probably would wind up dead.

Poor Fi, I wonder if we're going to see the Warp Aci equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous in the future.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Goatmon on February 01, 2008, 05:32:35 AM
Quote from: TapewolfWhat disturbs me is that she actually has sent her only son off to attack a 700-year-old demon who left him clinically dead the last time.

Who do we know who's much stronger than Dan, who's also easy to manipulate? 
Besides, he's killed DP multiple times already; If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

This should be very interesting.  Issue #388 left some sort of suggestion of a link between DP and Destina (or some event that involved the two.), if DP is truly back I hope whatever it may be gets revealed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on February 01, 2008, 09:16:58 AM
I dunno.  It seems that Destinia has some sort of reason to keep Dan away from her for the time being, she could very well have dug up DP and sent Dan on a wild goose chase just to keep him out of (too much) trouble.

What she really wanted was to keep him out of sight so the Dragons wouldn't find out who he was and kill him.  Sending him off on a mission (especially when DP had one of the only dragons we've seen in-strip) seems a little contrary to that ideal...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

...  :erk  Wow.  Did not see that one coming.  At first I thought it might have been DP, but then I looked up 618, and saw the  :shapeshifters line, and realized it was Dee.
Only question I have is, why in the world did Dee try to hide who she really was from Dan?  Wouldn't she have wanted to see him?  And yes, I know, she did see him, but I mean as his mother, so they can have a nice long embrace and chat before she sent him off to kill his archnemisis.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on February 01, 2008, 10:48:59 AM
Only question I have is, why in the world did Dee try to hide who she really was from Dan?  Wouldn't she have wanted to see him?

In 712 she reckons that her return would spell disaster.  We still don't really know the extent of that, but the disaster might occur if Dan and Dee meet.  Heck, it could even be that she's afraid it will throw him off his stride even more than the whole 'Cubi thing already has.

And yes, I know, she did see him, but I mean as his mother, so they can have a nice long embrace and chat before she sent him off to kill his archnemisis.

'Nemesis' usually refers to something which comes back to kill you.  DP did do that to Dan last time - but hopefully it won't happen again  :B

Aisha deCabre

:erk

Dude...just...dude.

It actually took me a second to get what was happening.  But, dang...any more surprises and someone's brain is sure to break.  Destania's got that mean and deceptive streak going.  Actually, now I'm just wondering what Biggs' new haircut is.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

i agree but then we still have ferrets in tubs. that's a win if i remember one. hope we don't wind up like the photographer that started me reading DMFA. ah i think the free fall poster to this day that put me on to this gem of a comic
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 01, 2008, 03:59:18 AM
Quote from: Ramsey on February 01, 2008, 02:05:26 AM
Very disturbing to know that she hit her own son.Child abuse! :(

wtf. When did you get back Ramsey D:

Its called being a  :mowninja!
Also, I'm more entertained that Biggs doesn't find it a lil creepy that he's naked in the tub and he's standing in the doorway....

Feather Dancer

Maybe in a few years from now Dan will wonder how "Biggs" knew what a warp-aci was since as far as we're aware Dee lacks one... Being your own boss in the literal sense must be awesome sept the sex change.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Fuyudenki

Oh wow.

Amber just gave us 8 full comics of topless Destania. :P

WhiteFox

Quote from: insanekaosx on February 01, 2008, 02:02:12 AM
I also thought it was Wildy in the tub, which lead to all manner of bad thought, which immidietly died when I read what was being said.

(I had an entirely inappropriate comment to make here, but on better judgement decided not to make it. There's thunderbolts, and then there's bans.)
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2008, 11:29:13 AM
Only question I have is, why in the world did Dee try to hide who she really was from Dan?  Wouldn't she have wanted to see him?

In 712 she reckons that her return would spell disaster.  We still don't really know the extent of that, but the disaster might occur if Dan and Dee meet.  Heck, it could even be that she's afraid it will throw him off his stride even more than the whole 'Cubi thing already has.

And yes, I know, she did see him, but I mean as his mother, so they can have a nice long embrace and chat before she sent him off to kill his archnemisis.

'Nemesis' usually refers to something which comes back to kill you.  DP did do that to Dan last time - but hopefully it won't happen again  :B

Nemesis: a Rightious infliction of retribution, manifested through an appropriate agent. Bad guys usually call good guys their nemisi. Nemisises? Whatever.

I'm betting Dan didn't get killed last time because he was a... Wait a minute.

*Facepalm* Beating on Azlan caused him pain. Cubi from Dan's clan feed on pain. So Wildy ended up feeding Dan enough energy for him to recover.

BTW: You can tell that's not Wildy because her hair is more red, and Biggs is a little more pink.
BTW2: When did Biggs get a new hairdo? Did Dan see it? Cause, he wasn't with the party the last time they went to see Biggs.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Netrogo

I'm embarassed to admit it but I didn't clue in that it was Dee until I checked comic 618 :cry

In my defence, I have the flu.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

WhiteFox

I just noticed that Not-Biggs eyes turn green in the second panel. Nice touch.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on February 01, 2008, 04:14:46 PM
I had to go back and check if they were green in any of the other strips  :3

WhiteFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2008, 04:17:43 PM
Quote from: WhiteFox on February 01, 2008, 04:14:46 PM
I had to go back and check if they were green in any of the other strips  :3

Even after going back to check the older strips, I had to check the cast page to make sure.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Reaver225 on February 01, 2008, 02:07:36 AM
Hmm... she didn't actually hit Alexi, did she?

...Double standards?

She threw Alexsi across a room while deflecting a mallet attack.

Plus I'm thinking Dan responds better to physical motivation.

There is a phrase "A wise man learns by his mistakes, a truly wise man learns by the mistakes of others"

Dan is a fair bit below wise man status.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Saist

Quote from: Volfram on February 01, 2008, 02:25:27 PM
Oh wow.

Amber just gave us 8 full comics of topless Destania. :P

part of me is glad somebody else had that thought. part of me is glad that somebody else posted that thought.

and part of me goes... "DEE? TOPLESS BEFORE YOUR OWN SON? HAVE YOU NO SHAME????"

Cirawyn

...  :Only question I have is, why in the world did Dee try to hide who she really was from Dan?  Wouldn't she have wanted to see him?  And yes, I know, she did see him, but I mean as his mother, so they can have a nice long embrace and chat before she sent him off to kill his archnemisis.

Probably because she knew he was comming to talk to her about what Able/Fi said about what she taught at SAIA.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_811.php and http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_814.php .  For various reasons we don't know yet, she probably doesn't want to talk about that with Dan right now, and so sent him off to "take care of" DP, for the 4th time, again, for whatever reason. Maybe so he can learn more about and use his new Cubi abilities on a easy target that won't have any bad moral complications for Dan.

Oh, and we also now know that Dee's clan marking is from the hips down (hidden by the pants she was wearing when she looked like Biggs)

:mowcookie

E-Jade

Awwww Hells Amber!  You did it again with the plot twist and breaking the minds of your readers.

Naldru

I would like to throw out an idea for your consideration.  Perhaps Destania was the one who stole Dark Pegasus's body and has it stashed in a back room.  That way, sending him after Dark Pegasus would be a way to get him away from Lost Lake for a while without putting him in danger.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

WhiteFox

I bet the first thing Dan would ask is "Where's Dad?" Since Edward seemed to disappear long before Dest did. If she told him where Ed was, he'd go rescue him from the dragons. If Dan did that, the dragons would probably learn that Dan exists, and do Something Bad to Edward. Like Kill him (Surmised from #725)

AmigaDragon

Like so many others, I thought at first that was Wildy in the tub... until the "sir", then started figuring he had a double. After the check on 618, realized it's Dee. Knowing that, looking back to her (I think) slip of "...that and Wildy...", I'm wondering what she was about to reveal.

Now for some nit-picking, I've noticed many people call this a steamroller...

...when it has nothing to do with steam

This is a real steamroller...

Well, Amber can have whatever fun she wants to with either one. :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

pyrohamster

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 01, 2008, 08:36:14 PM
Like so many others, I thought at first that was Wildy in the tub... until the "sir", then started figuring he had a double. After the check on 618, realized it's Dee. Knowing that, looking back to her (I think) slip of "...that and Wildy...", I'm wondering what she was about to reveal.

This is a real steamroller...

Well, Amber can have whatever fun she wants to with either one. :mowhappy
The first one would be a gasroller, or something...

WhiteFox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 01, 2008, 08:36:14 PM

... oh yeah? What's that coming off the road in front of it? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

8) What do Warp - Aci's take for hangovers ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Kayriel

<3 Abel