ATTENTION: Schedule shift!

Started by Amber Williams, January 25, 2008, 04:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

After much debating and yet another Friday evening where I'm behind schedule, I have decided that starting from here on out, Abel's Story is going into an estimated update of "Weekend"

Particularly Saturday eve/Sunday morning.

The reason for this is likely apparent: Abel's Story is a bigger page and jumping from the update on Friday straight into a full-pager in less than 24 hours from Friday's update is difficult.  Especially if I am wanting to do something with any marginal quality.  So really the options available were to either keep on trying to grind through like normal, reduce quality, or extend a day.

I chose option C.

What does this mean? It means Abel's Story will be a day later than it used to be. That's about it really.  And really, not enough comics update on Sunday anyways so perhaps this will be for the best.  I know having an extra day to work on Abel's Story will be a convenience to me since I dont have to feel like I'm rushing the page for the sake of getting it up on time.

Still, I apologize for springing this change on everyone the night where an update would normally be happening.  I have been leery of announcing this change for a while since I worry that it will seem like I'm slacking in some degree.  Its just I figure having an extra day to work on things will be good for me, and for the quality.  Especially considering what I am hoping to have happening in Abel's Story...

So yeah. I'll be updating the front page in a bit with the news as well...but I figure I'd let you guys know first.

Take care, and sorry for the inconvenience.

CameronCN

Amber Williams

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH WORRYING! :U

MT Hazard

Amber, I always thought the effort required to do a Friday update then a Saturday update must be enormous. This schedule change will help relax you and even act as a safety net if anything unexpected happens.

No one worth knowing is going to get worked up about this, I believe your true fans have stayed with you though various problems and will continue to do so.

Relax, stay cool, enjoy.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Dannysaysnoo

Do not apologize for inconvenience, it really isn't inconveniencing on us.

Rafe

As long as you can worry and draw at the same time, I'll be quite satisfied.  Thanks for your concern. 
Rafe

Reese Tora

I don't think you can be accused of laziness when your stated purpose is to give yourself time to put MORE effort in to the update.

Now I have something other than West Corner of the Park to read on sundays, yay! :3
(note: WCotP is often NSFW, if you decide to go looking for it...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

Well lets just hope you dont fall into a pool of your drool again now :U

Pagan

Sunday updates are cool with me.

Just wondering, is this a one or two time thing or are you moving Abel's story to a permanent sunday update?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Permanent, I think, Pagan.

Fine by me, as well - not that Amber really needs anyone's approval other than her own, of course, but it's nice to know your fans agree with you. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Doesn't bother me at all.  If that's what Amber feels she needs, then who am I to argue?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 25, 2008, 05:27:42 PM
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH WORRYING! :U

Whenever somebody tells me "Don't worry", I worry.

I have a hard time trusting people who say "Trust me".

Anyone who complains about Amber's work is a low-down despicable rotten scoundrel.  (I'm not going to make comparisons to bitches and skunks because I like dogs and skunks.)  You're doing great.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kayriel

Well, it means Amber gets to relax a bit so she doesn't get stressed out, and Abel'll be getting a boost instead of Amber hating him for taking up her Friday nights. Seems like a win-win situation to me, and I'll have something to actually look forward to on a Sunday. Besides sleeping the whole day.
<3 Abel

AnizInDisguise

Honestly I don't give a crap either way. I'll still get the comic, and that's fine by me.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 25, 2008, 04:33:00 PM
After much debating and yet another Friday evening where I'm behind schedule, I have decided that starting from here on out, Abel's Story is going into an estimated update of "Weekend"

Particularly Saturday eve/Sunday morning.

The reason for this is likely apparent: Abel's Story is a bigger page and jumping from the update on Friday straight into a full-pager in less than 24 hours from Friday's update is difficult.  Especially if I am wanting to do something with any marginal quality.  So really the options available were to either keep on trying to grind through like normal, reduce quality, or extend a day.

I chose option C.

What does this mean? It means Abel's Story will be a day later than it used to be. That's about it really.  And really, not enough comics update on Sunday anyways so perhaps this will be for the best.  I know having an extra day to work on Abel's Story will be a convenience to me since I dont have to feel like I'm rushing the page for the sake of getting it up on time.

Still, I apologize for springing this change on everyone the night where an update would normally be happening.  I have been leery of announcing this change for a while since I worry that it will seem like I'm slacking in some degree.  Its just I figure having an extra day to work on things will be good for me, and for the quality.  Especially considering what I am hoping to have happening in Abel's Story...

So yeah. I'll be updating the front page in a bit with the news as well...but I figure I'd let you guys know first.

Take care, and sorry for the inconvenience.

we still get abel's story, and you let your inner perfectionist reign supreme, i don't see anything wrong with that  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

WhiteFox

Anything that keeps an artist from burning out is a good thing in my book.

It's your site, Amber, run things how you like to.

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 25, 2008, 04:33:00 PM
 Especially considering what I am hoping to have happening in Abel's Story...

:U EBIL. EBIL AMBER. Stop teasing us.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Alondro

Bah!  Bad Amber!  No cookies for you!   :mwaha

*Charles revels in evil, cuz he's a corporate president and stuff*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2008, 07:15:22 PM
Doesn't bother me at all.  If that's what Amber feels she needs, then who am I to argue?

Pff. What are you talking about. Creators of things don't control them. Obviously the fans do. Why do you think artists of all kinds always get mail about "you should do ____ with ____"? :3

meany

Quote from: Kenji on January 26, 2008, 11:31:59 AM
Pff. What are you talking about. Creators of things don't control them. Obviously the fans do. Why do you think artists of all kinds always get mail about "you should do ____ with ____"? :3

So they have something to burn when they run out of firewood?

Amber Williams

Quote from: meany on January 26, 2008, 12:32:24 PM

It's been such a warm January.  :piranha

Omega

As long as there will be four comics per week, I'll keep my angry-mob-pitchfork out of sight.

But srly: Amber, if you can't do it, don't do it. I like the fact that you're thinking your fans feelings and all, but....

...I don't know. I'm not gonna say what you should and what you shouldn't do. You probably know the best.

Kayriel

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 26, 2008, 02:36:13 PM
Quote from: meany on January 26, 2008, 12:32:24 PM

It's been such a warm January.  :piranha

And that's how you save on heating bills, childunz.
<3 Abel

rabid_fox

You could kill Abel off in the next update.

It'd cause all sorts of continuity issues, but hey, a time-saver is a time-saver.

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 26, 2008, 05:24:04 PM
It'd cause all sorts of continuity issues, but hey, a time-saver is a time-saver.
I think she might have a number of people asking for their money back if she did that  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kayriel

Or we Abel fans could kill you, this update. It'd cause all sorts of legal issues, but hey, dead men tell no tales! /pitchforks
<3 Abel

rabid_fox

It'd certainly cure my borderline alcoholism, I'll grant you that. Ok, I'm up for it. Knives out, gentlemen.

Oh dear.

AndersW

Quote from: Amber Williams
You have nooOoooOoOoOooo idea how much I toyed with the idea of trying to find a way to kill off Abel in his own backstory.  :B

Original quote found here

Kayriel

Yes, so don't reinforce the idea.  The Cookie must survive. T-T
<3 Abel

Azlan

I demand that the comic strip be edible... that is all.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

Quote from: Azlan on January 27, 2008, 02:44:16 AM
I demand that the comic strip be edible... that is all.

You're a fae. Anything is possible.