01/14/08 [DMFA #865] - Woot! Revolving doors rawk!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 13, 2008, 11:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyabbit

Quote from: DavidRokon on January 15, 2008, 03:21:22 AM
Anyone notice he had two glasses? Wonder who else is in there.

Thank you, I was wondering when someone was going to mention that.

There are several things going on here that are odd. One is Dan is not wearing his normal cloths, two is Biggs has two glasses, and three is the Revolving door comment. 

Its been quite some time since the last time Dan and crew made their way into the Twink Territories and then they filled out forms to get in.  I think it is more likely that someone else broke in and that is who the second glass is for.

WhiteFox

Destania. I'll bet you a million jillion donuts.

Dan: Where's my mother!?
Biggs: *Point*
Dest: *Wave*
Dan: Oh. Ok.

Lulz ensue.

I still don't think Dan read Biggs mind. If he did, he's left it an awfully long time before getting around to it.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Coyabbit on January 15, 2008, 03:37:35 AM
Its been quite some time since the last time Dan and crew made their way into the Twink Territories and then they filled out forms to get in.  I think it is more likely that someone else broke in and that is who the second glass is for.

The clothes are interesting, although Dan has been changing outfit lately (e.g. 676). As for the second glass, don't forget that he drugged Wildy, so she's presumably still there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kayriel

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2008, 04:15:27 AM

The clothes are interesting, although Dan has been changing outfit lately (e.g. 676). As for the second glass, don't forget that he drugged Wildy, so she's presumably still there.

He didn't ship her back? I figured he drugged her and sent her back home. o_O;
<3 Abel

Coyabbit

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2008, 04:15:27 AM

You do make a good point, though I can't believe that I didn't notice that Wildy has been missing in action for so long. The only hint that she might be home is #751 where is is cleaning off the marker but then again she might just be using Biggs's bathroom.

WhiteFox

Waittaminnit... Last time I saw Dan change outfit was in #676... Right before the rest of the crew went to find Biggs!

Coincidence!?
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

kaskar

What will Fi be getting out of the mini-bar ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 15, 2008, 05:17:34 AM
Waittaminnit... Last time I saw Dan change outfit was in #676... Right before the rest of the crew went to find Biggs!

Coincidence!?

Actually there have been subsequent changes, e.g. #812, about where this particular mess started.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 13, 2008, 11:43:39 PM
And yeah, I think this counts as stupid and dangerous...
Stupid?  Yeah, no question about that.  Dangerous?  Depends what's at stake.  I don't think Biggs' is going to do anything that would permanently damage Destinia's kid.

LionHeart

Quote from: Sid on January 14, 2008, 03:36:09 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on January 14, 2008, 02:32:43 PM
On the topic of 'How does Dan know Destania is in Twink Territory?', has anyone mentioned the possibility of him catching a fragment of thought from Alexsi? I had a quick scan through, it doesn't seem to have been brought up...

Anyways, yeah; Since Dan's thoughtreading abilities are still in their early stages, it would make sense that he would hear from Alexsi's mind that his mother is in TT, but not realise that it's Alexsi's thought, so to speak...then again, who knows how Dan's mind works XD

I want to see Wednesday's strip so badly now >-> just to see what Dan does next...

Interesting suggestion, even though I think he would've breached that topic with her first. Him catching such a thought and then acting on it without saying a word seems somewhat unlikely (though, of course, possible).

Oh, I don't know. It is Dan, after all...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on January 15, 2008, 09:10:32 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 13, 2008, 11:43:39 PM
And yeah, I think this counts as stupid and dangerous...
Stupid?  Yeah, no question about that.  Dangerous?  Depends what's at stake.  I don't think Biggs' is going to do anything that would permanently damage Destinia's kid.
Quote from: LionHeart on January 15, 2008, 10:11:51 AM
Oh, I don't know. It is Dan, after all...

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Is there a possibility that he found something when reading Destania's book that led him to believe that she was working with Biggs.  Perhaps some information on management techniques that recalled something at Twink City.  After all, there has been a lot of discussion of the book.  Perhaps the technique for stealing the hammer so that she could get a look at Dan and the kidnapping of Alexsis were mentioned as techniques.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on January 15, 2008, 11:54:16 AM
Is there a possibility that he found something when reading Destania's book that led him to believe that she was working with Biggs.
Biggs wasn't even born until several years after she left (and the book must pre-date that).  What's a puzzlement is that Biggs said their families had been working together for generations.
Destania is a shade over 7000, which is a lot of generations - longer than most Earth religions, let alone family alliances - unless she's been periodically leaving the Academy (her mission?  missions?), or it's another member of the clan who's been in contact with Biggs' ancestors.

WhiteFox

Well, how often do cubi reproduce? I mean, even if it's once in 200 years, and Destania had a family when she was younger, and they had a generation every 200 years, she could be a Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great- Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great- Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother by now.

Mind you, I doubt Cubi are even that prolific. Biggs is probably talking about generations of *his* family. It's still a possibility, though. Also, technically, their families have been friends for more than one of Destania's generations: Dest is one generation, Dan is the second generation. That's two, so the plural works.

Hey, if their families are close, maybe Destania introduced Wildy to Dan when they were younger. They go pretty far back, don't they?

Kayriel

Wildy was wearing a dress, so I'd imagine that had to be quite some time ago. Perhaps they were 5-8 around that time, as we see in the flashback where Dan last attempts to use magic.
<3 Abel

Pagan

I didn't see any of the discussion for 726, but I'm pretty sure that Biggs was talking about his family's generations, not Dest's, seeing how he said "You've been a family friend..."  not something like "Our families have been friends for generations."

And going back a bit, I'm pretty what Abel meant about "dangerous" was anything involving dragons. Neither Fi, nor Abel, nor Dan would think that Biggs and Dest actually are involved with dragons (judging by current revealed knowledge of the characters). But I doubt that Dan is any serious trouble going to the Twink Territories. I mean, Biggs was talking about inviting Dan there anyway, so it can't be that bad.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

e_voyager

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 15, 2008, 04:05:35 PM

Mind you, I doubt Cubi are even that prolific. Biggs is probably talking about generations of *his* family. It's still a possibility, though. Also, technically, their families have been friends for more than one of Destania's generations: Dest is one generation, Dan is the second generation. That's two, so the plural works.

Hey, if their families are close, maybe Destania introduced Wildy to Dan when they were younger. They go pretty far back, don't they?

well that's not the only one that seems to go far back be seeing what we know about Mab this on confuses me
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Naldru

Dan recognized some of Destania's moves in the way that Abel fought.  What I meant was that Destania might have discussed management techniques in her book in a similar fashion to Machiavelli's The Prince (It is better to be feared than loved was one of the topics in that book.) and that Destania would have course used her own management techniques in helping to run the Twinks kingdom for Biggs.  (You can imagine how Destania would handle insubordinate subordinates.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Poofyspikes