01/07/08 [DMFA #862] - Brunch

Started by Ailis, January 07, 2008, 02:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: Danzig on January 07, 2008, 12:17:16 PM
Quote from: Caswin on January 07, 2008, 11:58:11 AM
In the first panel Abel seems a lot more... social-looking than usual.  Wonder why that is.
Yo, even 350+ year old magical creatures need a good lay once in a while.
...afraid I don't see your point.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Caswin on January 07, 2008, 01:08:41 PM
In the first panel Abel seems a lot more... social-looking than usual.  Wonder why that is.
...afraid I don't see your point.
I imagine his point will cue up a "Meck Mecka Mow Wow..." pretty soon.

Tapewolf

Remember also that Abel has spent all 375 of his SAIA years physically aged around 23-25.  It is of course possible that these biological imperatives may fade as a 'Cubi transitions to a magic-based metabolism. but I don't think so, given how seduction seems to be 'Cubi stereotype (e.g. Aaryanna, Aniz/May, arguably Destania/Edward and of course the 'Cubi charm' Wildy and Dan mention in 391 and 392).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Danzig

I've been feelin fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine baby.

Trying to hold back these feelings for SOOOOOOOO long.

But if you feel.....like I feel baby.  C'mon....C'mon

Lets get it ooon.    OOOOOOOOOOOOOH Lets get it ooooon.   :kirby

Aleolus

Oh, thank god Jy hasn't lost all self control, or else we might have wound up seeing some *ack* Jy/Abel action in upcoming comics!   :erk *vomit*

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Aleolus on January 07, 2008, 11:40:05 PM
Oh, thank god Jy hasn't lost all self control, or else we might have wound up seeing some *ack* Jy/Abel action in upcoming comics!   :erk *vomit*

Yes, because two males displaying affectionate behaviour towards one another is so CLEARLY a terrible and disgusting thing that should never come to pass. </virulent sarcasm>

*leaves thread*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alondro

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 08, 2008, 07:43:35 AM

Yes, because two males displaying affectionate behaviour towards one another is so CLEARLY a terrible and disgusting thing that should never come to pass. </virulent sarcasm>

*Charles nods!*  That's right!  It's disgusting and wrong!  We should be seeing Kria-Fa'lina, or some other totally hot babes goin at it!  Oh yeah!   :boogie

*Charline pouts*  What about me?   Why don't I get to have hot lesbian sexx0rz?  :<

*Alondro... decided it's best, as usual, to stay quietly in the shadows away from the madness*   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

Somehow I doubt we'd see more then them kissing or an 'after-math' shot of them lying in bed covered up. This is a pg comic and, despite a few close calls, Amber tends to keep very strictly to that rating. Quite honestly if it's just straight sex you're worried about seeing then I can understand (despite my own perverse tendencies) why seeing that would bother you. However if it's the fact that it's a guy and a guy engaging in any kind of relationship than sadly you have picked possibly the stupidest place on the internet to engage in any form of homophobia. It's common knowledge that alot of the furry community (Not all, just a striking number) is homosexual or bisexual, and seeing's...

Oh hell with this, I'm tired of trying to explain this and it's too early in the morning. You're stupid go away.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

WhiteFire

... you know, if this was not so very outside the ratings of this forum, I'd draw it and post it just to see the blorfage.

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 08, 2008, 07:43:35 AM

*leaves thread*

Ok, we are NOT starting this argument again.
Both sides have reasons.
Leave it at that. >_<

Aleolus

Quote from: Netrogo on January 08, 2008, 10:59:57 AM

Somehow I doubt we'd see more then them kissing or an 'after-math' shot of them lying in bed covered up. This is a pg comic and, despite a few close calls, Amber tends to keep very strictly to that rating. Quite honestly if it's just straight sex you're worried about seeing then I can understand (despite my own perverse tendencies) why seeing that would bother you. However if it's the fact that it's a guy and a guy engaging in any kind of relationship than sadly you have picked possibly the stupidest place on the internet to engage in any form of homophobia. It's common knowledge that alot of the furry community (Not all, just a striking number) is homosexual or bisexual, and seeing's...

Oh hell with this, I'm tired of trying to explain this and it's too early in the morning. You're stupid go away.

It is the idea of sex between two guys that gives me the willies, not guys being affectionate, though that does creep me out a bit as well.  It's not that I'm homophobic, I simply cannot understand how anyone, including women, can find anything attractive about the male form.  I find it repulsive and somewhat sickening, though I can tolerate mine.

WhiteFire

Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2008, 02:03:47 PM
It is the idea of sex between two guys that gives me the willies, not guys being affectionate, though that does creep me out a bit as well.  It's not that I'm homophobic, I simply cannot understand how anyone, including women, can find anything attractive about the male form.  I find it repulsive and somewhat sickening, though I can tolerate mine.

QuoteHomophobia (from Greek: ὁμο homo(sexual), "same, equal" + φοβία (phobia), "fear") is a non-clinical term used to describe the fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

I'd say that aversion to homosexuality where you were driven to post to the forums your desire to hurl at the idea of two characters having sex off screen may well fall under this definition. Just a thought.

Not to say that homophobia itself is some horrible evil thing, it's what you DO with it that matters. There are a lot of things in the world that freak me out, but treating people poorly because of that would be unacceptable of me to do.

For example, what benefit is there to posting your revulsion to such acts to the forums buy anyone?

Rakala

Maybe it has something to do with being asleep for a week? I know I feel much better after only a night of sleep.

Naldru

If you are trying for blue humor, you folks are missing some awfully prime territory.

As you may know, Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four is able to stretch any part of his body into any shape or size.  Did you ever you hear the story about how his wife gave him the title after a long and energetic night. 

Remember Abel is also a shape changer.  If I have to explain this further, I will really be surprised at you fellows and wonder what you think "meck mecka mow wow" refers to.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2008, 02:03:47 PM

Well when you put it like that I can agree. Personally I've always been a bit baffled about what women (and other men) see in our form. I mean women everthing is relatively smooth and round, save for a small relatively hidden area. Where as men, sure sleek and such in some areas but then we have this thing just dangling about, add to that the lumpy bag holding two more danglies and you tell me how that's attractive.

Regardless of personal taste though your earlier wording was rather offencive. It basically translated to 'Gay people = *puke*'. Try to word things a little better next time.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Attic Rat

Just to take the edge off of this discussion with a little frivolity, I'll point out that "homo" does in fact mean "sameness", and "phobic" does mean "having fear", and therefore homophobia would be a fear of sameness.
The term "homophobic" contains no references at all to sex or sexuality, except perhaps an unreasoning aversion to having sex the same way twice.

I love playing with words.
:P
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Pagan

Hmm... if that's the case, could Homophobia loosely describe the fear or aversion of any form of repition?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Danzig

Only if you ignore all cultural norms, expectations, and context on the way language is used.  The word "homosexual" has only one meaning in the English language: of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.  The word "homophobia" has only one meaning in the English language: the unreasonable fear of or aversion to homosexuals.  The base meaning of it's roots doesn't matter that were borrowed from Latin or Greek doesn't make a difference.

Edit:  In other words, no.

Quote from: Netrogo on January 08, 2008, 04:33:31 PM
Well when you put it like that I can agree. Personally I've always been a bit baffled about what women (and other men) see in our form. I mean women everthing is relatively smooth and round, save for a small relatively hidden area. Where as men, sure sleek and such in some areas
but then we have this thing just dangling about, add to that the lumpy bag holding two more danglies and you tell me how that's attractive.

I guess a lot of straight women would tell you the same about the female body.
Rule 34 aside, I'd imagine that it depends a lot of the momentary state of said thing if woman find it attractive or not - and dangling is not the state I'm talking about. I don't have personal experience in this matter, but I'd figure it's pretty analogous with straight men too - do you find saggy breasts attractive?
On that matter, the whole question of attractiveness is can be lead ad absurdum pretty quickly, if you ask me. Why do we flip out on breasts and bums? Why do we get a tingling feeling if we see large eyes? Why do birds get an urge to feed if they see red triangles? I don't think there is much to answer beyond mother evolution.

Maybe that could give a little ease to all those guys puzzled by their "I'm Gay For Abel" reaction though. Take a close look on how Amber usually draws her characters -- especially Abel, Dan and Jyrras: Big eyes, high cheeks, slim bodies and the general rounding effect, stylized fur has on edges. I wouldn't mind watching those guys making out, even though I consider myself straight. When I wouldn't mind those do, then I'll start worrying.
(Note: This is not meant as an argument against being gay. I don't have anything against men who find the second picture attractive. It's just not my taste)

In any way, what the heck? It's not like this came in any way surprising for people who read this comic longer than a week (The picture, not the plot). And even if it were, so what? Given the amount of fan service found in comics with a male artist, can you really blame amber for turning the tables as a girl? So come on and don't apply double standards here.

By the way, would anyone else find it really funny if Jyrras' mind shield expired just in the moment he had that thought?  :mwaha

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Because I don't think this thread can sink much lower, I suppose I'll have to reiterate my theory for those who haven't seen it before  >:3

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,2441.msg100749.html#msg100749

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Yugo

Abel is way too cute when he blushes.
Not much I can really contribute to this thread that hasn't already been said. The IP gardener conveyed my thoughts quite nicely. :P
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Caswin

Quote from: Rakala on January 08, 2008, 03:04:55 PM
Maybe it has something to do with being asleep for a week? I know I feel much better after only a night of sleep.
*Thinks about it*

...that actually makes a lot of sense.  Interesting.  Good call.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.