12/31/07 [DMFA #859] - Somewhere Over the Rainbow!

Started by Damaris, December 31, 2007, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on December 31, 2007, 09:13:20 AM
Also, I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't dive into how we see the Fae Curse Mark even above clothing (unless this has happened before). :P

I missed that, although since it's a warning it makes logical sense for it to do that.  And I have a vague feeling that it did come up before in any case...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

I didn't think there was much to say about that. Fae clearly want their curses to be noticed.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Gabi on December 31, 2007, 04:23:46 PM
She may be still inside the lab. Remember it has some special decorations.
Actually, I think Deebs is right outside the Lost Lake Inn...

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2007, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: Sid on December 31, 2007, 09:13:20 AM
Also, I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't dive into how we see the Fae Curse Mark even above clothing (unless this has happened before). :P

I missed that, although since it's a warning it makes logical sense for it to do that.  And I have a vague feeling that it did come up before in any case...

Knowing you, that was among the first five things you asked about it when it appeared ;)
Though there is a tiny chance you might just be thinking of the whole "Cubi mark also shows up on shapeshifted clothing" issue. *helpless shrug*
:boogie

Hermie

Jyrras is just cute. XD

But no, I'm not gay. ^^;

When I was reading from the beginning, I thought Abel was going to be the gay one with the crossdressing and all. Or that would have been too easy...?

Kenji

Well actually, at least 80% of crossdressing done through history has been by straight guys.
However, knowing Abel, who can say. ;P

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2007, 05:59:09 AM
Quote from: Gullible on December 31, 2007, 03:31:08 AM
Interesting segue from Dark Pegasus to this. XD

Someone with less scruples than I could probably write a nice conspiracy theory linking the two.
DP was revived by Mab and Pip as part of their evil-whatever-the-hell-they're-doing-plan. During the resurrection process, they somehow kicked his latent homosexuality into overdrive, thus making him seek out anything even remotely as homosexual as he is. Mab and Pip knew that Jyrras would try to deal with his homosexuality in a numerical sense (hence the quota), and assuming that the quota is measured in some sort of gayness*time units,  then Jyrras is making up the deficit by being hyper-mega-super-ginormously flaming gay, far outstripping the levels of gayness of anyone within miles.

As such, DP will be attracted to him, stalk him, attack him, and attempt to shonen-ai him to death. Wildy's in on the plot too, as she deliberately inserted the shonen-ai-to-death into Janus Bond so that when confronted with someone actually trying to do it, Jyrras would think that it was just some deranged fan and not an actual threat. Jyrras wouldn't recognize DP, after all, since he didn't go on the big quest early on. Because of this, Jyrras will simply ignore DP instead of somehow thwarting him.

Mab and Pip point Dan in the direction of DP, making sure Dan doesn't discover them until DP is about to begin shonen-ai-ing Jyrras to death. DP is defeated again, and Jyrras is mentally scarred from the attack. In a hugely orchestrated soap opera that takes over a year, Mab subconsciously influences everyone that Jyrras knows to abandon him for one reason or another - even old acquaintances from years back, who simply pop in to say "I hate you, Jyrras!" and leave without another word. This entire process drives Jyrras insane and he finishes the doomsday device that was up until now just a small idea floating around in the back of his mind. This doomsday device destroys the entire (and relatively unimportant) dimension, much to Mab's delight, who then moves on to some other insignificant dimension and begins anew.

Not my best crackpot scheme, but it'll have to do.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Attic Rat

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on December 31, 2007, 12:26:03 PM
Then I must be one of the lucky ones, as I somehow managed to pull away after about 10 minutes.
You found it interesting enough to keep you occupied for ten minutes?
I must have missed something...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Goatmon

Quote from: Gabi on December 31, 2007, 03:40:49 PM
The scary thing is that he thinks he knows what he's doing.  Why is he so afraid of being himself?

At least he seems confident in himself for a change.  I'm sure that the affect of coming out will wear off and he'll return to normal soon enough. 

Eibborn

Quote from: Poofyspikes on December 31, 2007, 05:19:08 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2007, 05:59:09 AM
Quote from: Gullible on December 31, 2007, 03:31:08 AM
Interesting segue from Dark Pegasus to this. XD

Someone with less scruples than I could probably write a nice conspiracy theory linking the two.
DP was revived by Mab and Pip as part of their evil-whatever-the-hell-they're-doing-plan. During the resurrection process, they somehow kicked his latent homosexuality into overdrive, thus making him seek out anything even remotely as homosexual as he is. Mab and Pip knew that Jyrras would try to deal with his homosexuality in a numerical sense (hence the quota), and assuming that the quota is measured in some sort of gayness*time units,  then Jyrras is making up the deficit by being hyper-mega-super-ginormously flaming gay, far outstripping the levels of gayness of anyone within miles.

As such, DP will be attracted to him, stalk him, attack him, and attempt to shonen-ai him to death. Wildy's in on the plot too, as she deliberately inserted the shonen-ai-to-death into Janus Bond so that when confronted with someone actually trying to do it, Jyrras would think that it was just some deranged fan and not an actual threat. Jyrras wouldn't recognize DP, after all, since he didn't go on the big quest early on. Because of this, Jyrras will simply ignore DP instead of somehow thwarting him.

Mab and Pip point Dan in the direction of DP, making sure Dan doesn't discover them until DP is about to begin shonen-ai-ing Jyrras to death. DP is defeated again, and Jyrras is mentally scarred from the attack. In a hugely orchestrated soap opera that takes over a year, Mab subconsciously influences everyone that Jyrras knows to abandon him for one reason or another - even old acquaintances from years back, who simply pop in to say "I hate you, Jyrras!" and leave without another word. This entire process drives Jyrras insane and he finishes the doomsday device that was up until now just a small idea floating around in the back of his mind. This doomsday device destroys the entire (and relatively unimportant) dimension, much to Mab's delight, who then moves on to some other insignificant dimension and begins anew.

Not my best crackpot scheme, but it'll have to do.

XD How did we survive without you?
/kicks the internet over

Illusionist

Quote from: Hermie on December 31, 2007, 05:04:16 PM
Jyrras is just cute. XD

But no, I'm not gay. ^^;

When I was reading from the beginning, I thought Abel was going to be the gay one with the crossdressing and all. Or that would have been too easy...?

I think Abel's bi. We could still get him and Jyrras together.

Denyen

I hope Jyrras doesn't do like my best friend did when he came out. >=> Or atleast not for very long. I had rainbows burned into my retenas, and my eyebrows were almost singed off. XD

Jyrras is still awesomely cool in my book. A giant, rainbow colored, mecha gryphon could be interesting... :P