The adventures of Gidi Honorhill

Started by ShadesFox, December 23, 2007, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

I'm trying out a new game.  Here is the idea.

Gidi Honorhill is a dwarf.  Though his many adventures he has acquired mad loots.  Unknown to Gidi, most of these items also have wishes attached to them.  For the purpose of this game, Gidi has unlimited wishes.  He does not know this.  This game follows Gidi, who will wish for inane things.  The rules are simple:

1. Gidi will wish for something.
2. Players will grant Gidi's wish, but it must be twisted against Gidi's intention.
3. I will select what I think is the best answer and continue from there, Gidi making another wish latter.

So, any takers for the idea?  Mostly looking for feedback and interest before starting.

Edit:
I thought I should define 'twisting a wish':
A twisted wish is a wish that meets all of the wisher's requirements, but is clearly against the wisher's intention.

Edit again:
While not explicitly a rule, any fate that has Gidi die will not be chosen as the end result.  Feel free to post one anyways, just don't expect it to be the one that I continue from.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Hmm... a little like Corrupt a Wish, but it's single-wish and group-based. I think it might be interesting.

roninfoxtail

Multiple people can attempt to corrupt the same wish? Sounds like an interesting game to try out.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

VSMIT

I'm intrigued.  I'll give it a shot.

Vidar

* sends Gidi to Ankh Morpork and have his name changed to Skull Kneecaphammer *

Whatever his wish was, it's now something else entirely.

I win.  >:3
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's not a matter of winning, Vidar. It's how you play the game. ;-]

ShadesFox

Gidi was walking into town, rich with the vast amount of loot he acquired in his latest adventure.  While it may not be quite the kings ransom he hoped for, there were many magic items that he would need to get appraised.

While walking down the street he saw a mansion.  In this huge city there was this equally impressive mansion, it had a nice yard, if you were into green.  But Gidi could not help but admire the intricate stone work, how the arches met up just right, how every stone was cut to a perfect shape, and the general hugeness of the mansion.

Gidi says out loud, "I wish I had a mansion like that."

((Note: while not explicitly in the rules, any fate that sees Gidi dieing, while prefectly legal, will not be chosen as the end result.  Feel free to post one anyways, just don't expect it to be the one that I continue from.))
The All Purpose Fox

VSMIT

Suddenly, the deed to the mansion appears in Gidi's hand, and he walks inside.  Once he closes the door, all of the windows bar themselves closed and the doors lock.  He is alone in a house with no means of communication to the outside world, and with no way out.

^That twisted enough?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted. Gidi now has a mansion like that. On someone else's land. And the rent is due, to a bunch of the local loan sharks. Overdue, in fact...

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

e_voyager

Granted. a man runs out of the house pale and sweating he runs into Gidi  while looking behind him and the helps him up apologize thrusting the deed to the house in to Gidi's hands insisting that Gidi accepts it by way of apology before running off  as if scared for dear life.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Suwako

Hmm limme see, In the christmas spirit!

Granted, Gidi sees something on the ground, he picks it up. It's a snow globe, inside is a miniature version of the house, in perfect detail. suddenly he starts shrinking, now the house is in real life size and he is locked inside the snowglobe.

yes, this is a movie. everything is a movie ;.;

ShadesFox

Hmm... sorry but I have to do this, I'm going to combine VSMIT and e_voyagers posts.
---

A man run out of the mansion, scared for his life.  The rude fellow bumps into Gidi and knocks him over, a great feat considering the dwarf's legendary footing.
"I'm sorry good sir, but I seem to be going insane.  Please accept my apologies and the deed to this mansion as an apology."
He thrusts the deed into Gidi's hand and runs off... to apparently eat a still living squirrel.  That being beside the point Gidi enters the mansion and take a look around at the glorious stone work.  There were silly things like wood and glass, however he had to acknowledge the skill that these things were created with.  It did not take long before the house sealed itself, the door barring themselves shut, the windows locked.  Gidi was oddly unconcern.
"Come to think of it, I haven't eating in a while."
Gidi makes his way to the kitchen and arrives only to discover that it has been picked clean.  Perhaps that was why the poor fellow was so keen on his squirrel based snack.  Gidi sighed.
"I wish I had a sandwich."

Edit:
Correcting a few errors I noticed in the text.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

The roof of the kitchen falls in, sandwiching the bench into the floor.

Miaka

He manages to find a sandwich, lodged under a cupboard, and likely several months old.

..Not all that imaginative, but what can ya do.

Fallo

Suddenly Gidi starts to remember a day when he was eating a sandwich.

He had a sanwich. He should`ve wished for a sandwich.

VSMIT

Granted, he has a sandwich, but when he tries to put it into his mouth, it turns to dust.

M

He looks around and manages to find a sandwich hidden in a drawer. He eats it, but after about twenty minutes, he realizes he has food poisoning. :U

e_voyager

Gidi walking into the next room still wishing for a sandwich. as he enters the room he sees dozens of sandwiches but they are all only pictures on the wallpaper of the room.

ShadesFox

Gidi is a tad surprised when the roof falls down in the kitchen.  That's what they get for using wood roofs, he thinks to himself.  Curious, the dwarf looks into the area recently opened by the collapsing roof.  He notices a shiny chalice.  It is made of gold, encrusted with gems and very ornately engraved.  Gidi assembles some of the collapsed roof into a climbing pile and makes it up to the area where the chalice is, but alas, he short dwarves arms are too short to reach it.

"Grr... I wish I could reach a weeee bit further."
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bing. His arms stretch until they are much longer than they used to be... but his legs shrink to match, leaving him able to reach further - but still not reach the chalice.

VSMIT

His arms stretch, but the chalice moves away, in proportion to how his arms grew, leaving him in the same situation.

Eibborn

His arms stretch to the appropriate length, but as he leans forward to pluck the chalice from it's resting place his makeshift pile collapses, dropping him once again to the ground in a pile of rubble.
/kicks the internet over

lucas marcone

e_voyager

granted the rubble shifts and she finds himself on a lifted  but wobbly section with about 3 inches closer to the chalice or at least he was before the rubble collapsed and he fell

ShadesFox

Gidi gets a stick.  The stick then explodes  in his hands and he falls over.

"This place is crazy, I need to get out of here!"

Gidi runs around looking for a way out but everything is still bared up.

"I wish I could find a hole."

((Note: The game tends to work better if the wishes are granted in an over the top manner.  Cities need to be destroyed when Gidi wishes for a sandwich.))

Edit:
Typo fixes
The All Purpose Fox

VSMIT

He now has an escape hole.  When he exits the hole, he finds himself in a city that has been burned to the ground, and finds that he has a large mob staring at him.