"The elf is restricted to decaff for the rest of the adventure"

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, December 09, 2007, 11:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuyudenki

I was in a CTF game, and we were trying to figure out how to let a half-ogre chuck my druid across the arena so she could wild-shape into a cheeta, grab the flag, and bolt.

would have been a 3-round game.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on December 12, 2007, 10:34:02 AM
My group has considered using catapaults in massive combats, not to launch boulders, but combatants.  At the time, I was playing my gnoll barbarian, and I had with me some NPC gnolls.  The plan was to load the gnolls in the catapaults and cast featherfall on them and then launch them into the middle of the oncoming army.  Consider that my character was a combat machine, being decked out with a huge warhammer, rage, frenzy, cleave, great cleave, and supreme cleave.

It was vetoed.

Plan B was to launch a bunch of Daraen's(sp?) Fortresses (the ones that shrink down to a cube and then when invoked become a large fortress) at the army and have them on a timed invokation so that they'll expand into full fortresses in mid air.

That too was vetoed.

Aww, man.

Come on - it'd be so easy to just cause the fortresses to have -full- weight on throw on the second.

For the former, it'd be more fun to have them fired out there. Randomly. In single gnolls, all over the enemy encampment...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2007, 07:45:21 AM
For the former, it'd be more fun to have them fired out there. Randomly. In single gnolls, all over the enemy encampment...

Well that was more or less the plan, but by the time we got to the battle, the DM decided that no one was using catapaults, doubly so when we told him about plan B.  I even had all the rules for using catapaults right there in front of me.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Brunhidden

throwing instant fortresses would not be practical, those things cost a fortune and you cant move them once they're up. it would be easier just to get super sized rocks three times what your catapult can handle, cast 'reduce' on them, and then try and time it for the spell to expire in midair.

critical flaw in the gnoll plan- any enemy that has more then three archers would have plenty of time to make each one a pin cushion during its slow graceful decent, and even armies without archers would be bright enough for people away from the front lines to form a circle around the drop zone for an armored gang rape.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ryudo Lee

Of course it's not practical.  We weren't planning on moving them, but they would have made for some impromptu indoor skirmishes once our characters reached them.  And this was a gestahlt game, so we were horribly overpowered and broken characters and we all had max HP.  A few arrows wouldn't have done much, and having my combat machine with backup in the middle of the enemy army would have done a lot of damage.  My character was the kind that would've done it purely for the thrill and to take as many of them down as possible.  Dying in the heat of combat for the good cause that we were fighting for (saving the world) would have been an honourable death for him.

But noooooo... we had to do things the traditional way.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Vidar

QuoteEven if they are the same cliched acid for blood aliens, can't load my shotgun with baking powder.

Why the hell not?

QuoteThe forehead is not an appropriate place for a kill count holo-tattoo.

Where else are you going to put the damn thing?

QuoteJust because they are all into rock, metal and axes, dwarves are not all headbangers.

Some are gothic?

Quotefull minute of stunned silence means "My God what did you do?" not "Please continue."

I SO want to know what he did there.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

bill

Quote485. My Mossad agent's battlecry is not "Torah, Torah, Torah"
i died