The Honor Circle Returns! (IC)

Started by Boog, November 02, 2007, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Stygian gazed blankly back at Boog over his shoulder through the thing's tirade, keeping his face an empty slate even through the latter's threats, and then his indignant exit. And if he were as prone to retaliation as the concept seemed to think, that particular trait went without any show. Instead, he merely turned his gaze back to the two women.
   'Don't mind him. He's just sour because he doesn't get around as much.' The man took on a boorish expression. 'They always let you get away with at least one. So I guess it might be worth it. But that's only presuming he has more than a few broken ribs...' he said, matter-of-factly. 'Speaking of which, I predict someone coming dragging him in here soon, which means that I should go back out. So how about joining me for more drinks?' He cast a hopeful look at Sylvie.

TheGreyRonin

Risky drooped her hands to her sides, and nodded. "A friendly fight was the agreement; I got carried away. You win."

At the sound of her words, the water and sand flowed towards the edge of the circle with a sucking sound. Even the trees were absorbed into the edge with soft popping sounds, leaving Risky and Richard standing in the bare stone circle.

"If there's anything that can be done for your burns, let's get it done. Then I'll buy you a drink," she said, securing the flap of her holster and heading towards the doors.

techmaster-glitch

Mechangel

The cloaked hunchback was returning to his room, and was about to enter the door, when suddenly, a cacophany of alarm bells and sirens went off in the electronic portion of his head. The man swung around, casting his all-seeing eye towards what his sensors had detected.
   There was a significant temporal disturbance in progress.
   Through the walls, the characteristic radiation bursts and types were clear as day. What was highly unusual was that they very quickly died down completely. Something was not right at all. The cloaked hunchback set off down the corridor at a quick pace, his cloak billowing slightly behind him. He reached the door to the main bar, and quickly opened it, silently sliding through the opening. He immediatly picked out the unidentified arrived entity. After a moment's stillness, he quickly and quietly migrated to a dark corner of the room to observe the newcomer.

Cogidubnus

Cog shifted slightly on the broken glass, first staring at Giles's unconscious body and then walking away from the window, hopping on one foot for a second as he absently checked his boots for slivers of glass. He found his barstool still unoccupied, and picked up his drink from where he left it. His shades betrayed nothing of his emotions, although it was obvious he was staring at the man of darkness as he sipped his drink. Seemingly ignoring his friend outside, and the proprietor who was giving the man an earful, Cogidubnus simply leaned forward, adjusting his shades as he did so, and rested his chin in his hands. Hunched over like that, he watched the man for just a second as the Boogeyman left, and gave a half grin.
"So, tell me." he said, sipping his drink. "It seems the whole time you've been holding back." he raised an eyebrow. "Why? I confess, I feel cheated." he said, swirling his drink in his hand absently. Besides the grin, his face was blank, although his actions seemed somewhat odd for the normally quiet swordsman.

To Marya's dismay, the blackguard neither moved nor said a word, laying quite still where he'd feel. His face and neck were mottled, unusual for the generally hearty pyromancer, and the heat that emanated from the man felt like the breeze from an open oven. His spear, brought back next to him by the magic of the circle, burned and dripped blood absently.
Giles lay still, a smoldering ember.

Magic

Alex peered at the scene quizzically for a few moments considering the 'unconscious' whatever he is on the floor before assuming that it's a barfight, one that doesn't concern him and ignoring it.

Instead, turning his attention to Boog, he began to answer his questions and introduce himself albeit unsure of what to say exactly. "Yeah, I was just struggling in the teeth and maw of a significantly large undefined creature of unknown origin (TM)." He even says 'TM' out loud.  "I'm Alex. A multiverse traveller, planeswalker, timetraveller by accident-- whatever; Would you mind telling me what is this place, dimension or world? -- er." The ermine takes a seat, backwards, still facing him. "Sorry, I needed a seat. I've been running 'all day' in another timeline. There any drinks here I can trade for with anything I found in my travels?" He paused, then quickly amended, "I got a bag of 10,000 bottlecaps if that's the legal tender."

He fumbled around with his right hand in his flak jacket for the bag, flashing the cheesiest grin he can pun on. Obviously he's either been through this before, and/or is just a colossal blithering idiot.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Boog

Marya considered the blackguard for a moment, thinking, before turning to Cog.
"You using this, or should I get him to the infirmary? He doesn't look so good."

---

Richard shrugged and followed, getting the door for her again as they entered. Marya was busy, meaning his burns would have to wait, but a certain amount of cheap beer can make any wait comfortable.
"So where you from anyway, Risky?" He leaned back in his chair, a creak coming from either the furniture or his joints. "You look military, but I can't say I recognize the uniform."

--

Boog blinked at the bag of bottlecaps for a moment, calculating frantically. Then he shrugged. "It probably is somewhere, give it here. The boss have a problem with it later I'll work it out then." Having caused his obligatory amount of trouble for the time being he settled in to deliver explanations and alcohol. "This is the Honor Circle, an interdimensional franchise of fight clubs. Each one's tucked away in its own little pocket dimension with a few ways in scattered around, or people show up the way you did. The rules here are simple; challenger picks the who, when, why, challenged picks the where, what and how. All fights occur in the circles. Food, drinks, medical aide and lodging are avalable for what the customer thinks they're worth, and no less." Boog grinned, "So what'll it be, mac?"

Magic

The ermine tied up the bag of 10,000 bottlecaps, and gleefully hefted it over to Boog; gracefully slow and carefully so he can catch it.

An interdimensional hub? I'm in luck! Everything I have on me I can probably trade for something good and I might have a chance that my world is connected to this place. Alex considered, Wait. What? Fight club? Uhm. No, wait, I'll ask later. I want to milk this for all it's worth. "Got any non-radioactive cola? In bottle, and cold, preferably. Also, did you say medical aide? Great! I could use some antiseptic and bandages." Alex idly rubbed at his left shoulder, feeling his recent bruises stinging a bit at the moment he thought about it. "After the drink please."
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Boog

Boog fumbled under the bar for a moment, trying to find a non-radioactive cola. The problem with a bar stocked with every drink in the multiverse was that when somebody asked for something obscure or rare you had to find it amongst the nigh-identical versions from every other Possible World. Radioactive cola was in fact rather popular, mainly because it was slightly cheaper and most reasoned that to begin with the stuff was a nigh narcotic industrial sludge, and the radioactivity wasn't about to make it much worse. He finally located a classic coke, and cold no less, and set it on the counter for the newcomer.
"So, timetraveller?" He went on, "Now, that the philosophical definition in which we all move in time, albeit in the same direction, or are you veering off course of the rest of us? Once knew a bloke moving diagonally in time, he always had the funniest way of telling stories..."

Magic

"Thank you." Alex quickly grabs the cola and takes a long hard drink. "Oh, you have no idea how good that is after what I've been through." He quickly wipes off some liquid on his maw and continues, "To answer your question, I honestly wouldn't know myself. It's a little difficult to tell how I'm moving," He takes a brief swig, just to keep him going, "Sometimes I travel normally through time, seeing two different views of the same world. Other times I arrive at the same place on the same time in another universe. Then there's the utterly random drops."

The ermine pauses to take a much longer drink. The multiverse obviously has not been kind to him, as to deny him a drink for so long as to make him forget his manners.

"Ahhh. Er-- I won't go through the details of my journeys. I'd probably bore you to death with them. Anyway, medical aide, right? I got a few bruises and scrapes from some creature of the dark that tried to eat me alive." Reflexively rubbing his shoulder again, you see him visibly wince. "No real injuries but I'd appreciate some bandages for the bruises, and an ice pack."

Sunblink

...Keaton:

Keaton frowned deeply, her aforementioned ears folding self-consciously against her skull. Still looking considerably irate, even with her disarmingly rosy visage (she was still colored with blush), Keaton responded somewhat sharply, although without the acidic quality many of her comebacks possessed, "Hey, that was a low blow. You went for my ears. That's more important than a gal's tits or heart, you know."

Well, actually, it only really mattered to someone who had obvious traces of fennec fox in his or her lineage. Other than that comment, Keaton didn't really have anything important to say - her ability to form coherent speech was temporarily stolen from her after Sal remarked on how her hands kept lingering around her rump. Blushing even brighter than before, Keaton gave her rear one last one-over before she abandoned her position, craning around to face Sal with an unamused look on her face.

"I really didn't mean anything bad by it, though," Keaton repeated.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Stygian

Inexplicably, with only a swoosh from the door to tell of him having exited the infirmary in the first place, the blond man almost seemed to appear out of thin air with a step from behind Alex, and gave him a very discomfort-inducing smirk from over his shoulder.
   'So, you want to get away from things like that? Hideous creatures of the dark that eat people alive?' he asked, his tone bemused. 'Good choice coming here. No, really.' Rounding the ermine, he moved over to his former seat, and rolled his neck a bit as he sat down, then gave Boog and the newcomer both another look. 'I'm starting to think you're running a pet shop here, Boog', he added next, with a dubious smirk in Keaton's direction at that. 'And didn't mean anything bad by what, sweets?'

Sunblink

...Keaton:

For what felt like the billionth time that day, Keaton felt her face turn to fire at Stygian's new "nickname" for her. Her cheeks coalesced to a bright, rosy pink, uncharacteristically feminine, and she appeared almost indignant for a moment, but despite her energy, outright refused to say anything regarding the subject. She just, somehow, could not manage to say something intelligible. Dodging the subject with an almost admirable fluidity, Keaton pointedly attempted to ignore Stygian's sobriquet, and answered his question.

"I... I meant when I came over and asked you what was bothering you." Keaton responded. "Really."

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

Cog looked out the shattered window at Marya for a moment before shaking his head, and waving at her to pause, set his drink on the counter and stood up, absently grabbing one of the bartender's towels and walking outside. Glass crunched under his feet as he left, and it was only a few short steps to the edge of the circle where Giles lay.

The wolf bent over the blackguard's unconscious body for a moment before shaking his head, set the towel down, taking off his coat and then handing it to her. He bent over again and picked up the towel, gingerly touching Giles's arm with it and lifting the Blackguard's upper body off the arena floor.
"That armor'll be too hot to touch. Just use the coat and help me drag him inside." he said, rather pointlessly indicating the only building in the entire dimension with a nod of his head.

Magic

Alex's ears twitched at Stygian's words, and considered the situation as opposed to the words themselves. Hardly anyone is able to sneak up on me; I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. This is an interdimensional fight club. Have to be on my toes. Damn. I don't want these guys to know what I can do yet and already I'm in a clutch to use time alteration. The ermine simply smiled. "Oh believe me," He looked at the blond man with the most sincere face he can put on, "It wasn't my choice I left the gaping maw of a hideous monster only to see your face. Damn I'm unlucky today." Then, his thoughts triggered a temporal divide.

Timestop:
He wasn't good at masking his attention level, he had a tenser grip with his right hand on the bottle of cola he was nursing up until that point and his thighs and legs were in a position to get up and go. He did. Only nobody can observe him in one frame of time. Alex looked around at the bar, looking for everyone currently looking at him, and trying to assess just how vulnerable he is. He tries to examine Stygian, but realizes he won't be able to glean anything useful just from his appearance. For a second he considered sucker punching him, but that's not his style. Dismissing the bartender and the blushing jackal, his fast eyes then turn to the corner, at the cloaked man seemingly facing in his general direction. Taking note of him, he quickly went back to his seat to assume with as much accuracy as he can the position he had before his time ran out.

Realtime:
He wasn't good at masking his attention level, he had a tenser grip with his right hand on the bottle of cola he was nursing up until that point and his thighs and legs were in a position to get up and go. Something made him reconsider however, and he slouches back on the seat, and offers his right hand in a handshake to Stygian while, at the corner of his eye, observes the cloaked figure at the corner of the room. "Name's Alex. Yours?"

TheGreyRonin

Risky moved back to the bar, wincing slightly, and drew out three red cigarettes, stuck all three into her mouth at once, and lit them off with a pass of her hand.

Mumbling around all three and a cloud of smoke, she answered Richard. "San Angelo, Texas, actually. And I'd be pretty surprised if you did recognize a Time Corp uniform." She glanced at the corner where the Queen still sat, her eyes narrowing a bit.

"You could say we police time, though we-" She blinked, then looked around the bar. "That felt like a temporal shift. That's never good."

techmaster-glitch

Mechangel

The cloaked hunchback carefully heard all the conversation the newcomer took part in. [The Boogeyman] inquired if he was a 'timetraveller', and the newcomer replied with his own explanation. Okay, he has some connection to timestreams- Then something strange happened, something that would have escaped the eye of most people, but not this man. The man's appearence...shifted, slightly but suddenly. What was that? The figure watched for another moment, but nothing else seemed to happen, aside from the newcomer's interactions with the other patrons. In his mind, the cloaked man backed up what he saw, and reviewed it in thousandths of frames, one by one, until...there! The man definately had moved. Instantaneously.
   What the...oh. OH. The man thought back to the huge temporal anomaly that had brought the newcomer here. A manipulator. Definately a manipulator, at the least. Then 'Alex' identified himself to the bartender, but also inadvertently to the cloaked hunchback.
   [Logging]
   [Log new entity as "Alex"]
   [Tag as: time manipulator. extent of abilities unknown. standby and continue observation]
   The cloaked figue shuffled only slightly, before resuming an almost statue-like state.

Boog

Richard raised the remains of an eyebrow. Time travel wasn't exactly his expertise, but the words 'temporal shift' had a limited list of meanings. Then again, we're talking about someone who's dealt with people crazy enough to mess with time...
"How bad we talking then?" He rasped. He hadn't felt anything, but that wasn't new. "Should I be worried?"

--

Marya nodded and hefted the armored man with surprising ease; she was strong for her size. She set off at a brisk pace toward aforementioned building, nearly yanking the wolf along with the blackguard.

--

Boog grinned briefly, picking up on the thoughts triggering Alex's abilities, before something strange wiped the look off his face. The man's brain seemed to speed up, literally washing the room with spun-off thoughts in an instant before returning to normal pace.
Well that was different...
The concept entity was jerked out of his surprise back to the conversation at hand by the newcomer's rebuttal and smirked.
"I like him already."

Stygian

Stygian didn't so much as flinch. Not even notice Alex, at first, it seemed, completely overlooking the ermine's introduction in face of the comment before it. Leaning over, he instead tapped the bar desk before the Boogeyman, and looked at him seriously.
   'Drink. Again. Vodka', he said shortly. 'And a couple for the sprout and the...' He turned his gaze to Keaton, giving her a slightly amused once-over and then fixing his black eyes straight at her hazel ones. 'Tattoo fox?' Just a second or so before Alex might have realized that his comment had not sat well with the man and that he was going to continue disregarding him, and probably would have turned away, those obsidian eyes turned his way, their gaze eerily focused. 'And one for the critter too.' He held his eyes there for a bit, expressionless and cold, never moving to take the mustelid's clawed hand. 'You're quite a bit late for that. And too early.'
   Not explaining anything, the man returned his gaze forward, and waited for his drinks.

Angel

Dani would have responded to Stygian's question had Boog not come in looking like he was about to kill someone. The Red and Sylvie watched, more than a bit surprised. Not only was it strange to see the bartender angry, his appearance seemed to be... shifting, as he spoke. Dani got an odd little spark in her eyes when she noticed this - the same spark she got when she decided to fight Giles. Sylvie saw this, but said nothing until the sound of a newcomer became audible and Stygian vanished from the room without a trace.

"...I don't care if he and I are on good terms now, that's still creepy," said Dani, hoping to distract Sylvie from what she'd seen earlier. But the Green just gave Dani a knowing look. "What? It is."

"Nice try, Dan. I saw you get that look in your eyes," the elf replied, earning a few half-hearted grumbled curses from the guard. "You shouldn't think about fighting anyone till you've healed."

"It's not that bad," Dani tried to insist, making the mistake of shifting her legs so she could look at Sylvie and hissing in pain. Sylvie gave her another look. "...Whatever. You go out there and get your drink. And tell me how Giles is doing if they've woken him up," she added, almost as an afterthought. Syl waved 'yes' before walking out the door.

She entered just in time to hear Stygian order drinks for himself, the newcomer, Keaton (at least, the description sounded like her), and her. Her cheeks flushed a slightly deeper green at the nickname, then she took her former seat at the bar, looking interestedly between the newcomer and Cog and Marya outside.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Magic

Closing his palm, Alex dismissed that attempt at friendship via matching his wit, and instead positions two of his right hand fingers on his forehead. He assumes a more relaxed stance with, at least, his body. He didn't try. Yet. But it seems I won't be regretting not taking a cheap shot after all. Alex makes brief eye contact with Stygian as the man gazes at him; trying to read his expression and his words to little success. More than nothing this time, however. He sounded like he was all for jokes just a little bit earlier. Too sudden a change, and he also isn't taking this too hard. That can only mean I might have hit something on the spot. From the look of it, that's about all I'm getting. Suppressing his urge to shrug, he kept listening up until the dead-end comment. "Whenever.", his only reply.

Facing back towards the bartender for his apparent extended stay and ignoring the fact that the palm closest to his face had small streaks of blood from the bruises he was rubbing on his shoulder, he begins to throw side-glances at the cloaked man in the corner. And how long is that guy going to keep on looking at me? It's as if he was aware I stopped time. That can't be right. Unless-- He had to wait now, he can't do that yet. The ermine resorts to biding his time until he actually does leave, and perhaps isolate him elsewhere.

Boog

Boog snickered, "Almost forgot, something's been chewing on you. Infirmery's in the back," He jerked his thumb over his shoulder, "Try not to drip on everything, I'm trying to run a fancy establishment here."

Cogidubnus

The wolf's face impassive, Cog simply tried to ignore the heat soaking through the towel and dragged Giles to the door of the establishment, nodding his thanks at Marya. Faced without a better option, they simply dragged the blackguard through the threshold of the bar, and straight through the main room. The wolf carefully looking at nothing, Cog and Marya managed to get him into the infirmary, the man's second visit during his stay.

A few moments later Cog walked back out, again wearing his coat, and without saying a word walked back to his seat and again picked up his drink.

Magic

That was his cue, and with it he stood up to drag himself to the infirmary. He kept his eye on the cloaked figure still standing in his direction, just in case the man decides to follow him.  Actually, between the constant threat of death, the paranoia, and his bruises he felt more battered up than he'd like to show. Another reason why he wants to go to the infirmary was for a bed. At least to temporarily give him some peace of mind. As he made his way he looked at the female jackal near Stygian for a brief moment, noting her continued discomfort and red-etched cheeks, and smirking briefly. Cute. Not my type though. Wonder if the blonde and her are together? They'd make an interesting pair. Heh.

Angel

Dani lay on the bed, trying to play mental connect-the-dots with the specks on the ceiling and fiddling with the blackened end of her fire-engine-colored ponytail. She was tired, but because she had just been asleep moments ago, her body needed a little help figuring out that she needed rest. It was annoying and frustrating, but she'd go to sleep eventually.

She sat up when Cog and the mongoose-lady walked in, dragging an unconscious Giles on a coat. Heat radiated off the man even without any motion from him, and Dani was suddenly grateful that he'd dragged her in rather than carrying her.

Then someone decidedly unfamiliar walked in. Some kind of Stoat; or a Weasel, she'd never been able to tell the difference. Shemade a face at the numerous injuries and tattered clothes of the newcomer.

"Yeesh. And I thought I looked bad." She reached out with her non-burned arm, and a friendly/borderline psycho smirk glued to her face almost immediately. "Hi there. I'm Dani."
BANDWAGON JUMP!

TheGreyRonin

Taking another deep drag from the cigarettes, Risky shook her head. "Might have just been me being paranoid. I get an odd feeling when time shifts; but it's not reliable."

She took the cigarettes out of her mouth and gave Richard a wry smile. "But that didn't answer your question. It all depends on who is altering time, and how. Most people who have the ability do it for their own ends, screw anyone who gets in the way."

She took another long drag from all three before continuing. "There's also the method. Even people with the best of intentions often have lousy technology,and things get out of hand fast."

Magic

The ermine met Dani's hand with his own right, after wiping away the blood from earlier, of course, in a firm handshake. "Alex Keys. A pleasure. I'm sorry, but if you don't mind--"

Alex broke off the handshake to go to the corner bed to undress his heavy flak jacket and undershirt and set both aside on the counter nearby exposing all his injuries. Most of them were grouped into two general locations, his shoulders and upper body, and composed of light bruises and slightly nasty cuts that needed treating right about now. After scrounging around in the medical cabinet for supplies, and sitting on the bed, he begins the meticulous process of applying antiseptic, dressing and bandages on his open wounds while ignoring his bruises for a bit.

"Where do they keep the cold compresses?", he asks as he winces at dabbing an antiseptic soaked cotton bud on one of the larger wounds.

techmaster-glitch

Mechangel

The figure had been watching [Alex] motionlessly, even when [Alex] started stealing glances in his direction. Aw, hell. Gotta start practicing my discreet observation techniques again. Eventually, [Alex] got up, and headed off to the infirmary. Through the wall, he could see that [Alez] started tending to his wounds while interacting with [Dani], whom the man had seen fight earlier. The cloaked man considered discontinuing his reconnaissance to respect privacy, but then quickly waved away the thought on the grounds that the two had just seen each other for the first time, and were hardly going to be sharing any deep, personal secrets with each other. [Alex], however, if he engages in meaningful conversation, might reveal a little more about his abilities.
   The cloaked figure continued doing nothing.

Stygian

The man's head turned maginally to the side when the ermine saw if fit to leave. Whether if he was looking in his direction with those black eyes, no one could say surely. Turning back, he pondered what he had seen and felt. No strange alterations or signs. No cautious examination. Going it over twive again in his head, it seemed to him that the mustelid were one who took things in stride. Or, from the way he arrived and reacted, more likely someone who didn't have either the time or the option of consideration and planning. Or thoughtfulness, he remarked to himself with a bit of amusement. Either way, the little thing had responded, which was good, but the wrong way in the man's eyes, which had earned him the chill response. He couldn't tell immediately what the right way would have been, but it would have been more self-assured and less of a baseless insult. Or maybe it was just that the little guy seemed so jittery...
   Completely ignoring Cogidubnus and Marya as they dragged the badly beaten blackguard into the infirmary, Stygian drank and relaxed, wondering if perhaps there were some place outside that one could relax, so that he could enjoy a proper smoke, or perhaps some rooms. Those had been mentioned earlier, but considering the fickleness of the universe, and more importantly whoever might employ someone like the Boogeyman, he was willing to bet they wouldn't quite meet his expectations, even when lowered by the circumstances.
   'Is it just me or is it warm in here?' he asked, moving to get up already after a couple of seconds after that statement. 'I'm going out to cool off. Coming?' He offered Sylvie his hand. 'We can bring the drinks along.'
   At the very same time, he was wondering what had happened right in the middle there. The ermine hadn't so much as blinked out of apparent anxiety or nervosity. In support of his story, not even what Stygian had been able to hear of his heartbeat or feel from the rest of him had reacted. Except for a single, strange little shift right there in the middle, just before his introduction, where something about him had just twitched for a second, and his heart had skipped a beat, but without a single noise or other indication to show. What had that been?

Cogidubnus

The wolf picked up his drink, and holding it in front of his face, he swirled the amber colored liquid absently - from behind his shaded lenses, he stared at the liquor, as if trying to glean some secret from its translucent depths. A moment later, he turned and set it back down before standing and stretching, white teeth flashing in the light and glasses sliding down his nose. He snapped together a moment later, smoothly turning on one foot to slide up to where the saffron and sable jackal was standing, and delicately tap her on the shoulder. He bowed.

"I couldn't help but admire the lovely lady earlier, and would be most honored if she graced me with her presence, in the circle." he said, straightening. His yellow eye gleamed. "You have a most... interesting technique. I'd love to see more of it."

Angel

Sylvie received a can of fruit juice again, this time pineapple. She looked around the bar, impressed when Cog and the mongoose dragged Giles back in, and mildly curious as the ermine went into the infirmary. If there had been anything wrong with him except for how banged up he was, she hadn't noticed it. Apparently, though, the others had, including the cloaked guy who'd been outside for such a long time, the dark-haired human who'd fought the zombie, and Stygian.

Speaking of the latter, he straightened up and offered to take her outside, holding out his hand. If it hadn't felt warm to her earlier, it certainly did now. Okay, face. You've had your say. Feel free to cool down now... C'mon... there you go.

"Sure, okay," she said, managing to keep her voice friendly and normal. She grabbed the juice can with one hand and reached out for Stygian's with the other.

------

"Not actually sure," Dani said half-apologetically to Alex with a sheepish grin. Even if his hands had been bloody, he'd had the decency to remember it, and he seemed friendly. Her curiosity was piqued by the extent of his injuries, though. How can someone get cuts like that through a jacket that heavy? Bruises maybe, but it looks like someone tried to put him through a blender.

"I'd look around for supplies myself, but, well..." She gestured to her legs. "I can't really move right now. Surprised you can ... If you find a burn salve of some kind, could you toss it over?"
BANDWAGON JUMP!