Striking a blow against bad customer service... with a claw hammer!

Started by Ryudo Lee, October 19, 2007, 10:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html?hpid=artslot

Oh man I've always wanted to go into Cox's offices with a sledge and tell 'em how I really feel about their "customer service".  Looks like this old lady beat me to it... only to Comcast... and with a claw hammer instead of a sledge.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

lucas marcone

Even though Comcast hasn't let me down before....I applaud her bravery. There are times when just words won't do! Good for her she saw that. :)

DarkAudit

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 19, 2007, 11:07:46 AM
Even though Comcast hasn't let me down before....

Are you sure?

Blizzard uses torrents to distribute patches. Wouldn't what Comcast is doing here be considered "restraint of trade"?
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

lucas marcone

i say again. it hasn't let me down before. since i do not use comcast as an internet provider i dont have that problem. if people hate that aspect so much they can always switch providers, traditionally this is know as a bouycott.

Ryudo Lee

Well some people don't get much of a choice.  See, I use Cox Cable for internet and they're the only cable internet provider in the area.  Everything else is DSL, which doesn't provide enough speed for me.  Cox provides 12mbps, DSL only goes as fast as 5mbps around here.  I like having that extra 7mpbs.  There are sattelite television providers too, but sattelite doesn't work all that well around here, and they don't provide sattelite internet, they provide DSL.  Seriously.  A few rain clouds and the signal is gone.  And that's not an assumption, that's from personal experience.  Sattelite may be good for people who live in areas where there's not a lot of bad weather... but down here bad weather is as inevitable as death and taxes.

lucas marcone

if you really don't like that service then drop it. complaining does nothing. companies understand money and nothing else. besides, if you're unwilling to step down to dsl then it must not be all that bad.

Ryudo Lee

Well the one thing I can say about cable internet is that once it's working, it works good.  Bad customer service or not.

DarkAudit

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 19, 2007, 01:40:55 PM
if you really don't like that service then drop it. complaining does nothing. companies understand money and nothing else. besides, if you're unwilling to step down to dsl then it must not be all that bad.

Oh, I was quite willing. Not only did my monthly internet bill drop by more than half, but I wasn't finding stuff arbitrarily blocked anymore.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Zedd

Saist

having worked for Cox Communications, I often wanted to take a sledghammer to my script reading cow-orkers.

Azlan

Oh how I detest Cox customer "service"... script monkies...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Saist

gh0st

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 19, 2007, 01:35:42 PM
Well some people don't get much of a choice.  See, I use Cox Cable for internet and they're the only cable internet provider in the area.  Everything else is DSL, which doesn't provide enough speed for me.  Cox provides 12mbps, DSL only goes as fast as 5mbps around here.  I like having that extra 7mpbs.  There are sattelite television providers too, but sattelite doesn't work all that well around here, and they don't provide sattelite internet, they provide DSL.  Seriously.  A few rain clouds and the signal is gone.  And that's not an assumption, that's from personal experience.  Sattelite may be good for people who live in areas where there's not a lot of bad weather... but down here bad weather is as inevitable as death and taxes.

wow and i thought my internet conection was horrible...

i have dsl and i get 54 mbps and i use a wirless router thats in my room... i feel so sorry for you...... i suggest that you get a house somewhere in the closest city

Azlan

Quote from: gh0st on October 20, 2007, 01:31:13 AM

wow and i thought my internet conection was horrible...

i have dsl and i get 54 mbps and i use a wirless router thats in my room... i feel so sorry for you...... i suggest that you get a house somewhere in the closest city

54 mbps is your LAN rate, between your PC and that router and generally between the router and the DSL/Cable device.  Once you hit the "modem", the rate is dependent on your provider and the technology used.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kuari

Though I'm not one for violence...  if this many people really are unsatisfied, I pray for more hammer attacks as long as no one gets hurt...

Yes, most people should switch services, but in many small towns, some phone companies really do have a small scale monopoly

Edit: Typo correction

Brunhidden

Quote from: Kuari on October 21, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
Yes, most people should switch survives, but in many small towns, some phone companies really do have a small scale monopoly

up until this year half of my state had only one cable provider, and i remember a time when each town had only one grocery store unless you were willing to take the 45 minute drive to the NEXT town with only one grocery store... talk about price gouging, people gave bags of oranges for Christmas presents due to their rarity and high price.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Reese Tora

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 19, 2007, 11:58:01 AM
Quote from: lucas marcone on October 19, 2007, 11:07:46 AM
Even though Comcast hasn't let me down before....

Are you sure?

Blizzard uses torrents to distribute patches. Wouldn't what Comcast is doing here be considered "restraint of trade"?

I like that "The majority of our customers like our service" yeah, that's because  the people who don't like you vote with thier wallets.  Comcast aquired time warner in our area a few years back, and we soon went to DSL because the customer service was atrocious... and we were just dealing with the billing department!
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation