Where did your name come from?

Started by Sienna Maiu - M T, October 07, 2007, 03:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

My name comes from a hatred for my real name.

First of all, my real name is the name of my grandfather of my dad's side. I never did meet my grandfather before he died and thus have no background knowledge of appreciation for it.

After I was old enough to form an opinion on my name I decided that it was a horrible name that had to be changed. Though I still have all my legal items under my actual name, everywhere else I go by the name of Zack.

There's no special reason behind the name zack it's not from a game or a movie or a story or any of that. It's just a name I like.

DoctaMario

DoctaMario?

I was walking along a dark street one night and a van full of thugs pulled up alongside me and threw me inside. It was one of those vans with no windows that looks like a van a molester might use. I feared for the safety of my bits, pieces, and orifii, but suddenly, as if by sheer will, a large multicolor vitamin appeared in my hand. I threw it at one of the thugs and he shriveled up and died in the van as if the touch of this little capsule of goodness had been holy water on a vampire. This happened to two other thugs, but the fourth one ran out of the van yelling, "Holy shit, iss DoctaMario!!" (they were brothas, hey this is Atlanta after all!) So I thought, "Yes, yes, Y.E.S., YES!" I would drop the "or" in favor of an "a" as an "a" seems to strike more fear. And hence, from that day forth, I became, DoctaMario!

Of course the Cliffs Notes version is simply that I thought it was semi clever in some lame way and it's easier to remember than some of the other names I've had.

Dannysaysnoo

My name is kinda based on the Little Britain Sketch with the girl who always says " Computer says No", she kinda drags it on, so i added another O.

I've used since i registered on Newgrounds, and i can't stop seem to stop it from being my Alias.

LionHeart

This seems strangely familiar...

My real name is Richard, so "LionHeart" seemed like an obvious choice, especially on a forum where most people have "Furry" personas.

By the same reasoning, my persona (and avatar) became a feline.

Back when we were still on the Nice forum, I got into the habit of popping in (literally) to intro threads (which I still do here, although I haven't done much lately), and someone referred to me as "the teleporting felinoid". I liked it so much, I adopted it as my title.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

namelessblade

much like the gray ronin i do martial arts thus blade
and as for nameless my names super simple but a lot of people have a hard time remembering it  so  why not be nameless

techmaster-glitch

Well, I guess it's time for my explanation of my name.

Some years ago, when I was much younger than I am now, I got StarCraft (and the expansion). Awesome game, one of my favorites. Eventually, I beat both campaigns and decided to try online play. When I did, I have to come up with a name for myself. I chose 'techmaster', because that's what I wanted to be; master of technology (sadly this is a rather unrealized dream as of now, but I'm still working on it). I also chose this as my name when I joined in on starcraft.org. Anyways, the online starcftaft community is a rather rowdy place, and I quickly learned that if you can't curse with the best of them, you tend not to be taken seriously. Hence why I may have been a little foul-mouthed when I first came here.
Fast forward a little, I eventually made an account for Newgrounds when I found it. Another reason I had picked the name 'techmaster' was because it was distinctive and had a very low chance of being in use already. The key words here being 'very low chance'. I went to make the name techmaster and :U it was already used! Turns out it wasn't as original as I'd thought. I didn't want to start putting random numbers after my name, because that would destroy the individuality, so, franticly, I racked my brains for something else. And then it hit me, when I remembered another one of my favorite games; Metal Arms: Glitch In The System. The name 'glitch' fit perfectly for several reasons: One, when I went to make the original name, I got the error message saying it was already used. This can be seen as a 'glitch'. Second, it was the name of the titular character in the aforementioned favorite game of mine. And third, the very name itself is a 'glitch'; I am identified as techmaster, but in reality I'm not (yet).

The name stuck in my head, and when I came to make an account here, it's what I used.

Silver Pomeranian Genji

My name comes from a fanfic charcater of mine, Genji the Pomeranian Samurai. His post-henshin phrase is Hikari Nin, even though he's a samurai.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Shaotic Master

My line of Sonic the hedgehog fan-fic in which sonic encounters  the aleternative universe verion of the chaos emeralds called Shaos emeralds that give the wioeder different control over different elements depending on the heart of the wielder and the color of the gem . There was also this super ominous Knight from the dimension of the shaos emeralds who wanted the emeralds back to restore his galaxy, and was willing to tear sonic universe to shreds to find the shaos emeralds, and that was actually what he was doing, he was known as the Shaotic Master because he had mastered the Shaos meralds completely.

But i never got that far in my fan-fic, so i used the name of the Sega forums, but now i use it on all the forums i join.

NDDR

mine is the abbreviation of the name i previousely used "dancing dragon rage" which also is the abbreviation to dance dance revolution which i hate and think should be wiped from history just as ethan on ctrl+alt+del thinks.

the n could be almost any word starting with n, naked, not, nervous, napping, nemesis, etc.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe this counts as necroing a thread, NDDR. Please don't do that again.

Likewise for Shaotic Master - only slightly within the month boundary...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears