Dumb Laws

Started by Web_MST3K, September 21, 2007, 10:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web_MST3K

Joel:  For our first post on this forum, we would like to entertain you good people with a selection of stupid laws.   I'll begin with a few from the commonwealth of Pennsylvania:

--It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

--A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.

--A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.

Servo, have you found anything?

Servo:  Sure have, Joel, my dumb laws come from George W. Bush's home state of Texas:

--When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

Crow: Did the Shrub help write that one?

--Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

--It is illegal to sell one's eye.

Crow: Uh-oh, somebody had better call up E-Bay and tell them to cancel.

Joel:  Good one's, Servo.  Crow, what have you found?

Crow:  If a male Fae swears vengeance against a male being who wears the same size pants as said male Fae's wife and all three are in the Fae Realm at the time, then the male Fae must give his wife to the being for as long as the aforementioned being lives.

Albanion:  Oh well, I guess I can handle it.  It will only be for a few decades at most.

Mab:  In that case, I'll let Nutmeg have the soul!  Eeeeeeee!  Jyrras is gonna be a daddy!

Nutmeg:  Thank you!  Thank you!  Nutmeg is so happy!

Lorenda:  Suddenly, my let's-just-be-friends speech does not seem so awkward . . .  by comparison.

Jyrras:  Say What?!?!?

Joel:  Crow, you made that one up, didn't you?

Crow: Why not?  Politicians do it all the time.  Why should they get to have all of the fun?  I mean, just who do they think they are anyway?

Joel:  Um . . . the duly elected leaders of a democratic society?

Albanion:  Hm, it seems to me that Crow may have a point there.

Joel:  I would like to take the time to announce that the previous farce has solely been a product of Web_MST3K Productions and is not cannon with DMFA.

Crow: Yes, it is.

Joel:  Shut up!  You've caused enough trouble already!

Fuyudenki

wrong forum, and I think I saw a thread of this nature somewhere else.

Welcome to the board.  Introductions are usually done in The Villa(I didn't), and this thread actually belongs in The Outer Fortress.  Since Llearch is about, he'll probably have it moved there before I finish this post.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I thought I'd wait for you to finish, actually Raist.

BTW, Web_MST3K, roleplay outside the Haunted Mansion is frowned upon. You get cut a little slack because I'm having a good day, ish. I'd recommend you go look at the rules again...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

That was fairly quick llearch.

Although some of those are interesting, I really have nothing to say. Except for that I don't think Albanion would react that way.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What can I say, I'm busy working. Or at least looking like I'm working.... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

hope I didn't scare him off.  In retrospect, that greeting post wasn't as polite as it should have been.

Anyway, yeah, the powers that be seem to accept nearly everything in these forums, provided it's done in the right place.

Also, stupid laws are always fun! :grin

Angel

Quote from: Raist on September 21, 2007, 09:10:54 PM
hope I didn't scare him off.  In retrospect, that greeting post wasn't as polite as it should have been.

Anyway, yeah, the powers that be seem to accept nearly everything in these forums, provided it's done in the right place.

Also, stupid laws are always fun! :grin

Indeed! Following this line of thought:

In Hartford, it's illegal to walk across the street on your hands. When I told him this law, my older brother decided to learn how to walk on his hands just to see if he'd get arrested for that. (He hasn't tried it yet, but still.)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Fuyudenki

that's not too hard, actually(walking on your hands).  The tricky part is balance.

Actually, for me, the tricky part at this point is when my shirt falls "up" and obscures my vision, which in turn means that everyone gets a full view of my hideously mirror-white torso, and stuff falls out of my pockets.

Arcalane

Quote from: Raist on September 21, 2007, 09:34:10 PM
that's not too hard, actually(walking on your hands).  The tricky part is balance.

Actually, for me, the tricky part at this point is when my shirt falls "up" and obscures my vision, which in turn means that everyone gets a full view of my hideously mirror-white torso, and stuff falls out of my pockets.

Tuck your shirt into your trousers and make sure they're done up with a fairly tight belt. :)

As it is I doubt any cops will pull out the list-of-stupid-rules-for-your-state-or-city unless they're the overzealous sort who spend hours examining the details for -any- excuse to make it look like they're doing their job in order to get a promotion.

The worst you might get is a slap on the wrist for doing something silly in public. :B

TheDXM

Or obstructing traffic.

RJ

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 21, 2007, 11:34:21 AM

Working hard, or hardly working? :)

Zedd

Quote from: RJ on September 21, 2007, 11:45:54 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 21, 2007, 11:34:21 AM

Working hard, or hardly working? :)
Dont answer that cardboard face...