New

Started by DMFA!, September 08, 2007, 10:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMFA!

Hello there! I'm new here. I really enjoy the DMFA comics and hope to get along with everyone here. Thanks!

bill

Wrong forum. You wanted the other one, across the street.

DMFA!

xHaZxMaTx

Don't mind Bill.  He R serious jackass.

DarkAudit

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 09, 2007, 12:07:35 AM
Don't mind Bill.  He R serious jackass.

And why pick on poor Rubens with that new avatar?  It's not like he knew back then that Honda would be so full of fail this season. :<
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Sienna Maiu - M T

Welcome. I'm sure there are things to beware (or atleast there used to be), but I've grown immune to their effects and these days never actually notice.

So, enjoy your stay, check your sanity at the door, beware exploding muffins, and have a good time. I'm sure you'll learn the rest as you go along.

Zina

Hey hey and welcome to the forum.
You'll find the board for DMFA and all DMFA related topics here: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?board=10.0
Feel free to post in any of the threads about the current comics. It's pretty straight forward, you should be fine.

DMFA!

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 09, 2007, 12:32:44 AM
Welcome. I'm sure there are things to beware (or atleast there used to be), but I've grown immune to their effects and these days never actually notice.

So, enjoy your stay, check your sanity at the door, beware exploding muffins, and have a good time. I'm sure you'll learn the rest as you go along.

Thank you very much!!  :mowhappy

DMFA!

Quote from: Zina on September 09, 2007, 01:53:19 AM
Hey hey and welcome to the forum.
You'll find the board for DMFA and all DMFA related topics here: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?board=10.0
Feel free to post in any of the threads about the current comics. It's pretty straight forward, you should be fine.

Thank you so much!

techmaster-glitch

Just FYI: Double posting is frowned upon.

Aridas

Well hey. Zedd was right.

DMFA!

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 09, 2007, 11:17:35 AM

I am well aware of that. It's like that on other forums I am on. Sorry, i don't know how to put both quotes in one box here, though.

Zedd

Quote from: DMFA! on September 09, 2007, 11:19:22 AM

I am well aware of that. It's like that on other forums I am on. Sorry, i don't know how to put both quotes in one box here, though.
Just hope you do the right thing. Cause we dont need people like this again...*mutters*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, it's straight text... If you hit one quote button, you get one chunk of text added. If you hit another, you get another. It's just a matter of sorting out the text into the right places.

If you hit preview, you get a bigger area to type in, and some different buttons. There's also a help page floating around the top of the forum somewhere - it depends on which theme you're using as to where, precisely, it is, though.

I recommend the DMFA theme, though. The others haven't been updated to the new forum code (my fault, but I've been busy) so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well now I'm confused! *goes to play with themes*

... and I've totally got to start looking at avatars more. I didn't realize that avatar was you Ari. Stupid visual-learning >.<

EDIT: I think I'l just stick with defaults... they seem to be working.

xHaZxMaTx

Defaults are the way to go.  SMF Default, more specifically.

Sienna Maiu - M T

hmm? Why's that? Please enhance your explanation with illustrations and graphs where possible. It will get you extra credit.

(And what's up with the inversed name?)
QuotePosted by: xTaMxZaHx

xHaZxMaTx

'Cause it looks cool.

Sienna Maiu - M T

OH yeah!?! Well your avatar's cool!  :mowignore

wait...

xHaZxMaTx

Don't you just wanna hug it? :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'm more inclined to get out a bucket of cold water, Haz. I'm not sure why... ;-]

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2007, 01:10:57 PM

Well, it's straight text... If you hit one quote button, you get one chunk of text added. If you hit another, you get another. It's just a matter of sorting out the text into the right places.

In slightly more easy to understand speak;

Basically, what y' do is you open up a quote response for each post. But instead of posting twice, you copy the quote from the second window over to the first and paste it onto the bottom of there, then respond underneath each quote.

Thus, Robert is your Mother's Brother, as they say. :B

xHaZxMaTx

I don't know how it is with the other board styles, but when I hit the quote button, the quote and necessary coding appears in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page, and if I quote another post, that quote is inserted wherever the cursor happens to be in the quick reply box.  So there's none of that mucking about copying and pasting and all that.  Then again, I'm one of seven people using the Simple Machine Forum board style, so...

llearch n'n'daCorna

DMFA theme works the same as that.

After that, it's a bit vague, and I really need to go and fix the others... :-/

Sienna Maiu - M T

that actually sounds really neat. Maybe I should look into that...

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 10, 2007, 03:45:50 AM

Amrak: +0/-0
[dualppa] [etims]

Fuyudenki

Quote from: xTaMxZaHx on September 12, 2007, 06:31:25 PM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 10, 2007, 03:45:50 AM

Amrak: +0/-0
[dualppa] [etims]

!taht rewsna ot hguone gnol uoy kooT

xHaZxMaTx

I was waiting to see if anyone would figure it out.

techmaster-glitch

Holy Crap! I never even realized that it was the karma system spelled backwards! I thought it was another language or something.