2007-09-07 [816] I'll bet he's the elected molester

Started by superluser, September 07, 2007, 01:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

I think that both episodes with Mab: blowing up the glen and stopping the fight between Dan and Aaryanna fighting were both quick and quiet.  They were both over quickly and Mab didn't raise her voice.  (The destruction of the glen was quiet because there was no one left alive to hear it.)  No mystic sparkles or vapors, just threatened or actual onset of doom.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Caswin

Quote from: Naldru on September 07, 2007, 11:33:25 AM(The destruction of the glen was quiet because there was no one left alive to hear it.)
A tree falling in the woods still makes a sound.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zedd

Quote from: Caswin on September 07, 2007, 11:49:42 AM
Quote from: Naldru on September 07, 2007, 11:33:25 AM(The destruction of the glen was quiet because there was no one left alive to hear it.)
Does it make a sound when it falls on someone too?

Aleolus

Even if there's no one there to hear it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on September 07, 2007, 12:01:19 PM
Are you suggesting that the woods will be utterly devoid of wildlife?   >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2007, 12:02:11 PM
Are you suggesting that the woods will be utterly devoid of wildlife?   >:3
I can see it in the paper.."Tree trys to kill man..Village baffled"

Caswin

Yep.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zedd

Kenji

Lessee... girls in bikins fighting tentacle monsters.
Guys hiding under dresses.

Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Amber Williams

There has yet to be a scene in DMFA when any Fae has been quick and quiet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 07, 2007, 04:14:25 PM
That's probably a good thing, if it means what I think it might...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2007, 04:16:48 PM
That's probably a good thing, if it means what I think it might...
Im gonna hope it will be a good thing..If not..Hold my calls and take my mail...I will live under a rock

Naldru

Actually, there is no indication of sound being generated when Mab blew up the glen.  After all, it sounds like Dan might not have known about it until Mab told him.  When you discuss whether a falling tree makes a sound if nobody hears it, are you trying to apply the rules of logic and science to Mab?

For those who say that the costume wasn't under her regular clothes, look at the title for this segment.

For those who say that it was posssible to see through Mab's gown, Jyrras wouldn't be using it to hide from the insanity unless it was opaque.

For those who say that I'm crazy as a loon, you are probably correct.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

bill

Quote from: Naldru on September 07, 2007, 04:44:52 PM
Actually, there is no indication of sound being generated when Mab blew up the glen.  After all, it sounds like Dan might not have known about it until Mab told him.  When you discuss whether a falling tree makes a sound if nobody hears it, are you trying to apply the rules of logic and science to Mab?

For those who say that the costume wasn't under her regular clothes, look at the title for this segment.

For those who say that it was posssible to see through Mab's gown, Jyrras wouldn't be using it to hide from the insanity unless it was opaque.

For those who say that I'm crazy as a loon, you are probably correct.

"Overthinking it to hell" Hall of fame IMO

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 07, 2007, 04:14:25 PMThere has yet to be a scene in DMFA when any Fae has been quick and quiet.

Because they're full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?  In fact, this whole quote would probably apply pretty well to the fae:

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

And when Puck uttered the following words in A Midsummer's Night Dream, he was probably referring to the posters on this forum.

Lord, What fools these mortals be

As for overthinking, at least it's better than not thinking

terrycloth

Naldru

Brunhidden

I think it would be safe to assume that any fae that was quick and quiet would not be detected- thus being the whole point of quick and quiet, especially for magical beings who can be five miles away from the scene of the crime without a problem
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Naldru on September 07, 2007, 06:09:24 PM
And when Puck uttered the following words in A Midsummer's Night Dream, he was probably referring to the posters on this forum.

Lord, What fools these mortals be

As for overthinking, at least it's better than not thinking

You know, I have thought the exact same thing after reading that play last year.

bill

If that is your reaction to Shakespeare, there truly is no hope for you. :C

bilbo-sama

Didn't we later see Jyrras hanging around at the remains of the glen though? *blinks*

Fuyudenki

Quote from: bilbo-sama on September 07, 2007, 10:49:46 PM

Didn't we later see Jyrras hanging around at the remains of the glen though? *blinks*

The implication is made that he wasn't there at the time, as he's seen observing Pip dressed up as his Gryphon-mech.

Also, the flowers are crunchy.

Attic Rat

It doesn't have to make sense - it involves the Fae!
What Jy has to do is "believe" he has a portal back home. Then he can go home and invent something explosive to help calm his nerves.
And just in case anyone cares, "Justice Fists of Fighting Fae Fury Mab"  might be a heroine, but she is by no means a heroin...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Regal

Sienna Maiu - M T

I believe that was an insinuation for things to come.

Quote from: Regal on September 08, 2007, 12:25:05 AM
Heroin might explain a lot about the fae.   :mowdizzy

Indeed