This is New Jersey!!

Started by Alondro, September 06, 2007, 11:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

New Jersey, the Backroom Deal State, strikes again!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_on_re_us/corruption_arrests;_ylt=AmOFV6aqvyYM0dynmKJBVl8XIr0F

Yep, over 100 state government people arrested so far this year.  So far... and they're just scratching the surface. 

Every joke you have ever heard about New Jersey is not joking.  They're all very true.  We don't laugh when we hear the jokes.  We simply shake our heads sadly, for we know it's the grim reality of the most corrupt state in the US.  For instance, a $6 billion school building program ended up building only one school... on contaminated soil... and had to be torn down.  All the rest of the money just disappeared.  Well, that's not entirely true.  A good chunk went to politically-connected lawyers and consultants for their outrageous fees advising how to spend the money (on their fees, apparently), and about $300 million was stolen by parties in the Camden school system.

Anyone want to move here?   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Only if I get to run the next $6b school building program. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

Trust me, I know all about Jersey.  My father is from that state, it is ok in some areas, but generally... just... meh.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

Why wanna live on that tiny tiny hell hole?

Valynth

Because it's cozier than a large, buck toothed hell hole?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Alondro

I live inside the Pine Barrens.  At least the North Jersey twits are all afraid to come in after us.

We'd eat them.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

GabrielsThoughts

people want to live in Jersey because Chicks dig giant robots?

actually, the  Megas XLR might be a reason to stay away from the potential Kartina Zone
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Full of delights of wonders and fun...Within a small state...

bilbo-sama

Quote from: Alondro on September 07, 2007, 05:22:47 PM
I live inside the Pine Barrens.  At least the North Jersey twits are all afraid to come in after us.

Or you sic the Jersey Devil on them?  :P

Also, fear our traffic circles and jughandles of doom.

lucas marcone

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 07, 2007, 07:00:17 PM

actually, the  Megas XLR might be a reason to stay away from the potential Kartina Zone

b b b but giant frickin robots are AWESOME!

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: bilbo-sama on September 07, 2007, 10:11:05 PM

Or the Jersey Devils. :3  Ice skates are pretty sharp.

Alondro

Quote from: bilbo-sama on September 07, 2007, 10:11:05 PM

Also, fear our traffic circles and jughandles of doom.

Meh, the Jersey Devil is just a misunderstood myootant originating from the numerous puddles of toxic waste.   His name is Bob and he makes pine cone wreathes!   :3

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 07, 2007, 07:00:17 PM

Hellz YEAH! That show was AWSOME!

ALTERNATE-REALITY JAMIE: But we have nothing to fight him with!
COOP: We got two things: Megas, and the element of surprise!
*Megas' arm falls off*
GLORFT LEADER: :tumbleweed :blankstare Well, at least we still have the element of surprise...

lucas marcone

....IDEA let's sic megas on all the back room dealers in jersey! cause i KNOW coop wouldnt stand for this.

"ok mr. politititiion man, first you turn jersy into a dump, then you make us look bad, then you screw with our economy! now im mad!"

"uh, coop? you've done all those things ten times worse with megas."

"......well yeah but I have a shiney awesome robot car."