08/11/07 Abel's Story [#95] Liked that shirt

Started by AndersW, August 11, 2007, 12:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

Or maybe I am missing THE OBVIOUS!

Look at Hennya.  She looks like a type VII Demon from AD&D.  She is in a Demon City.

MANY types of Demons can summon others to help....

Fex

memo to self never make Hennya angry and never rip Aniz's fav shirt

Manawolf

Quote from: Zorro on August 11, 2007, 03:06:24 AM
Or maybe I am missing THE OBVIOUS!

Look at Hennya.  She looks like a type VII Demon from AD&D.  She is in a Demon City.

MANY types of Demons can summon others to help....

Hm, not a widely shared trait, and you're thinking of Mariliths, which are larger with six arms (and menacing weapons to hold in each one). 

kaskar

:mowmeep Seems Also, that if Hennya clued in to the other demons, Aniz's alter ego, would all the adventurers be out for a hunt of an Aniz ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Indilee

I hope Hennya kicks his butt... <_<; But I have a feeling she's gonna lose for Abel-angst addition...

kaskar

Tapewolf

I'm probably the only one who's amused by the second panel where Hennya is casually flung away.  Apart from that, things are not looking too good for either of them.  Mutual Assured Destruction?

An interesting thing to note is that Aniz didn't kill Hennya outright, which he could have done.  Is he trying to avoid killing her (which would destroy any love Abel might ever have for him)? 

He could also use his shapeshifting powers to staunch the bleeding.  His not doing so might be an indication that he's still an inexperienced student at SAIA who is out doing fieldwork, or it might be the classical 'Cubi ego at work here.

And I'm even more bemused about why Abel's wings don't match his dad's.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2007, 05:03:34 AM
I'm probably the only one who's amused by the second panel where Hennya is casually flung away.  Apart from that, things are not looking too good for either of them.  Mutual Assured Destruction?

An interesting thing to note is that Aniz didn't kill Hennya outright, which he could have done.  Is he trying to avoid killing her (which would destroy any love Abel might ever have for him)? 

He could also use his shapeshifting powers to staunch the bleeding.  His not doing so might be an indication that he's still an inexperienced student at SAIA who is out doing fieldwork, or it might be the classical 'Cubi ego at work here.

mebbe Incubi machismo?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Quote from: Turnsky on August 11, 2007, 05:07:41 AM

mebbe Incubi machismo?
Everyone knows red goes great with black  >:]

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2007, 05:03:34 AMAn interesting thing to note is that Aniz didn't kill Hennya outright, which he could have done.

I don't know if I buy that; this move knocked the wind out of him.  I don't think he can kill her that easily.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hennya's the stronger one, but the fight looks like it might go to her.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on August 11, 2007, 05:22:40 AMI don't think he can kill her that easily.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hennya's the stronger one, but the fight looks like it might go to her.

It shouldn't have been difficult for him to have simply impaled her with his wing-tentacles.  An experienced 'cubi can cut through rocks with them.  But you're right, it could go either way at this point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

8)
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2007, 05:26:06 AM
Quote from: superluser on August 11, 2007, 05:22:40 AMI don't think he can kill her that easily.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hennya's the stronger one, but the fight looks like it might go to her.

It shouldn't have been difficult for him to have simply impaled her with his wing-tentacles.  An experienced 'cubi can cut through rocks with them.  But you're right, it could go either way at this point.

:mowninja It seems to be a case of a suprise attack. The damage is done now. Can he fight it out, or retreat maybe his best option now ...

Sid

Whoooo, it's back-wing time! *does a jig*
(And, judging by the eye glow, it's also time for some serious magic, too)
:boogie

Madmann135

There's one thing I know for sure and that is with surprise attacks the first move is detrimental to the success or fail of the attack.  Hennya's initial attack was great but she didn't follow through as well as it should have. 
Now that Aniz has collected himself and is ready for Hennya's following attacks, the chances of Hennya being victorious have greatly diminished. 
That is unless she has a second surprise up her sleeve, one that would make her initial attack seem like a child's temper tantrum.

I'm still rooting for the Hennya (the underdog) to win.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

kaskar

crimson_wolf

If I was Aniz I would cut back on the lecturing while there's still potential threats. Everytime he's been hit it was when he was rambling. That seems to be his weakness cause he hasn't blocked a single attack yet wich has cost him a bit of blood and his arm now.

Brunhidden

glowy red eyes aren't all that an impressive a trick- my 2 year old daughter can do it and i can't get mine to shut off. however the streaky after image is a mean feat to pull, looks like 'bullet time' has come to the DMFA universe.

everybody keep in mind that the description of cubi says they're powerful, but often have severe deficiency in close combat. a mythos should be a pretty good if not unfair match up, especially a pissed one.

QuoteLet your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Naldru

Of course, if he really wanted to show disrespect for the others skills in fighting, he would use magic to repair his shirt. As stated, he hasn't blocked a single attack yet.  If the glowy red eyes is a sign of magic and after he uses the magic to repair the shirt followed by the eyes returning to normal and a statement such as "Now, where were we.", it would really continue in the same vein.

There was a scene in a Superman comic where one of the characters was discussing practical jokes he was going to play on Clark Kent.  And the other cvharacter replied something like "Maybe you should slow down.  Haven't you noticed that all your tricks tend to backfire."
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

rt

Noooo!!!!!!! Not Aniz's shirt!!!!! 
:U The horror .. the horror  :U

A good fight sequence we have going now .. can't wait for more!

RJ

I have a sudden urge to go hide under the couch.  :<

Fuyudenki

Bit O' Blood?  Is that anything like Bit O' Honey?

*chants* fight, fight, fight, fight...

(I always hated it when kids did that in school...)

Angel

(applauding Hennya with a scared look on her face) To those of you who said before that Aniz was holding back? Well, that ends now. SURVIVE, HENNYA! (sharpens a stake just in case Hennya dies)

Quote from: AndersW on August 11, 2007, 12:28:15 AM
You can actually see him use his wing tentacles to throw Hennya off of him.

Hey, you're right. And they're huge!

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Alondro

Quote from: Attic Rat on August 11, 2007, 12:47:35 AM
That'll teach her... If you've only got one strike - go for the throat, not the collar bone.

*Charline nods*  That's why we felines always win.   >:3  *drools at the blood*  Grrrr... making me hungry... must FEED!   :zombiekun2
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Indilee

Quote from: crimson_wolf on August 11, 2007, 07:48:31 AM
If I was Aniz I would cut back on the lecturing while there's still potential threats. Everytime he's been hit it was when he was rambling. That seems to be his weakness cause he hasn't blocked a single attack yet wich has cost him a bit of blood and his arm now.

I'm totally reminded of Abel though... (Example: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_508.php)

XD

Sunblink

Oh man, Hennya is totally owning it up. Even if there's a slim chance of her winning I'm still rooting for her, if only because she looks extremely awesome. I'm also marveling over the opacity transition in the third and largest panel--how it shows her adjusting her position in mid-air so she lands safely on her hindquarters. That is awesome. Plus the blood in the first panel is really well done, but it's everywhere. :< If Abel weren't in "omigod I'm bleeeeeeeeeding" land, I bet he would be really freaking out.

I was hoping that Aniz's backwings would be different from his head-wings in that they would be similar to the feathery bat-wings that Abel has, but it looks from the glimpse we've been offered that this isn't true. Awww.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rambon

Nope your not the only one amused... Ya wana take a bet on the Mutual Assured Destruction?

Psychogirl

Yes! Finally the blood and violence starts rolling!
Nothin's good without violence  :boogie
Amber rocks!

Shadowcatcher

Well, Hennya wanted meat cookies.  Guess she'll need to settle with Yummy Yummy Blood Blood Bars.