MadMann135 DMFA Fan Fic.

Started by Madmann135, August 09, 2007, 03:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

OK.
This thing is not even halfway complete.  I just finished the typing of day one now it needs to go through a spell-checker, a grammar-checker and a re-reading to make sure that everything is in order. 

The basic outline is there, my characters are in it now if only I can keep my focus and finish the next few days properly.

My characters are Lance Strike and AVA.
I know it's long... for some reason I can't do a fan fic short  :crying

Day #1

A white tiger, 6'3" tall wearing a black cloak, white T-shirt and black denim pants walks down the street.  He's of above average build in muscle mass, his eyes are an ice blue and the tips of the hair on his head are blue while the rest is white.  He's accompanied by what appears to be a pixie, a six inches tall pixie with glowing green eyes.  The pixie appears female and is wearing what appears to be a white skin tight outfit that leaves her arms and legs exposed.  The pixie's hair though just shoulder length is platinum and her completion is peach pink.
   The tiger, Lance, continues walking through the city, knowing where he's going but still taking in the sights because he's never been there before.  The pixie, AVA, floats over Lance just looking in the direction that they are going as Lance gazes at the city.  Lance looks around for a moment then says, "AVA what is your certainty that Jyrras will have what we are looking for?"  AVA replies, "seventy-five percent.  Are you certain that this Jyrras is the correct choice, there are other candidates in which the chances are better?"  Lance looks up at her, closes his eyes, smiles a soft almost innocent smile and says, "it's a feeling."  As soon as they turn a corner a kangaroo-rat wearing glasses, blue top, black pants and tail rings crashes into Lance.  That moment Lance got a flash in his mind why the kangaroo-rat was running, he was being chased.  Lance said, "AVA illusion time..."  AVA floated down to the Kangaroo-rat, her wings flashed a light as Lance removed his cloak.  AVA seemed to transformed into an exact replica of the kangaroo-rat then went off, running as Lance helped the kangaroo-rat up to his feet, covered him with his cloak as he said, "AVA will lead them away then you can go back to what ever it was that you were doing."  The kangaroo-rat was stunned for a moment as a mob of teen aged girl kangaroos chased after AVA.  When the mob was out of sight Lance took back his cloak, said, "Later kiddo," and walked off.  The kangaroo-rat, Jyrras, was still a bit stunned from the ordeal but he collected himself quickly as he said, "thanks," Lance continued on his way as if he didn't hear the other speaking.
   Minutes later AVA floated from the sky, said, "Question?  Who was that and what was your reason behind helping him?"  Lance looked up at her and said, "don't know, he was scared and being chased, that's all I got when he bumped into me.  The logic is karma.  Do a good deed and good things will come your way."  Lance produced a sheet of paper and said, "now lets see if I can get a job as a lab assistant."  AVA floats back to just above his shoulder and says, "telepathy and empathy at your disposal and you didn't get a name?"  Lance looked up at her and said, "nope." 
   They walk for a little while longer, soon leaving the major parts of the city and walking up to a lake with a tavern at one end, Lance opens the door to the tavern, apptly named "Lost Lake," and enters with AVA floating to his side.  Lance enters, takes a seat on the bar, ignoring the commotion around him as best he could, he then produces a wallet, taking a look inside and at the bar's menu.  Lance frowned as the bar attendant came up to him, a golden color lioness wearing a lovely red dress and asked "what will it be?"  Lance looked at her, smiled and said, "uha... well... I'm waiting for someone who is suppose to visit these parts."  The bar attendant gave him a good look over and said, "know who your looking for?"  Lance looked at her and said, "his name is Jyrras Gianna, he's a brilliant mind, and I'm looking for a job as lab assistant."  Lance then produced a printed out add that was an advertisement for Jyrras Gianna lab assistant.  Lance then said, "I'm kinda new here, need a job and I have a knack for technology."  The bar attendant looked at Lance with a stern look and said, "The name's Lance, It's so nice to meet a lovely, young and beautiful lady."  The bar attendant smiled at him, said, "flattery will get you nowhere, my name is Alexsi."  Lance looked at her with a smile and said, "would you be so kind to allow me to stick around long enough so that I may say hello to Jyrras and inquire about the job?"  Alexsi looked at him with a soft smile and said, "all right, only because your so kind."  Lance smiled at her and said, "I thank you for your generosity M'Lady."  Alexsi went back to tending her bar, Lance and AVA moved from the bar to a table off to the side, out of the way so that no one would touch him.  He looked around at the bar, it was a nice place with the usual randomness and insanity of any bar or tavern he's seen.  Lance chuckled to himself and said more to himself, "at least no one is dancing around in their underwear."
   Lance waited at his hiding spot wondering when or if Jyrras would show.  Lance watched as Alexsi did her job, she was quite skilled at it and seemed to like the busyness and chaotic of the tavern.  Lance did his best to keep from the crowds, doing his best not to touch anyone and accidentally engage a telepathic response again.  Though the bar was peaceful an uneasiness seemed to fall upon Lance, then he saw a trio of demons enter the front door.  Though that looked almost normal, Lance could tell that those three were up to no good.  Lance got up, said, "AVA prepare a optical and audio sensory overload for three," just as one of the demons pushed a customer from a bar chair.  Alexsi looked at the demon with a dangerous glare in her eyes just as Lance walked up behind him and said, "we don't want any trouble here, why don't you act like a gentleman and apologies to the guy you knocked down."  The lead demon lost interest in the bar and turned his attention to Lance who kept a childish grin on his face.  Lance then said, "I think he's waiting," the guy who was knocked down got up and at the same instant ran away.  The lead demon chuckled then punched at Lance, who dodged the attack with ease minimal effort, almost as if he was expecting it.  The demon then launched a volley of punches and kicks at Lance but he evaded them with ease, skill and little effort which annoyed the demon even more.  Just then the door opened as someone was walking in.  Lance continued to evade the attacks all the while causing no property damage, at that moment the demon was getting angry and about to use his magical powers but he didn't get the chance to as Lance mounted a counter attack. 
   Lance's eyes started to glow with a blue aura, Lance raised his hand to intercept a kick.  The instant before the kick could land on Lance, something stopped the attack and lifted the demon a few inches off the ground.  Lance then grabbed the demon's leg and tossed him out of the front door.  The demon's cohorts were just watching as their leader was launched out of the door.  Lance pointed at the two with his fingers then pointed at the door, the two demons were levitated into the air then launched out of the door with incredible speed.  Outside there was a loud crash as Lance hit his target, the two demons crashed right into their leader the moment he was getting up.  Lance said with a smile, "AVA, lets give them one brutal headache."  Lance then started to walk out of Lost Lake accompanied by AVA who stayed floating over his shoulder, he apologized to the denizens who was nearly hit by the flying demons on his way out.  As he and AVA exited the tavern the demons were collecting themselves, Lance said, "if we fight you may not recover from it," he still dawned his childlike smile, a deceptive tactic.  The leader of the trio grumbled as he said, "why you..."  He didn't get to finish as AVA broad casted a directed ultra-sonic alarm straight at the three demons and pulsed with a bright flash, that instant the demons covered their ears, closed their eyes and fell to the ground from the sound, the others in the bar could hear a loud alarm, only because of the sound reflected from the demon's skulls.  Lance then said, "if you can hear me AVA I suggest you make a strategic advance to the rear."  Lance then opened his cloak, pulled out a phial wrapped in a single thin sheet of paper.  Lance then tested the air figuring out which direction would be optimum then threw the phial upwind of the demons.  As the phial hit the ground it shattered, then the contents ignited releasing a green mist that had a vile smell to it.  The moment the cloud hit the demons they gagged, coughed and shortly later passed out.  AVA continued to flash her bright strobe light and transmit the ultrasonic sound for a few moments later, making sure the three were out cold.  Lance chuckled and said, "I wonder if they suffered permanent damage from that?"
   Lance looked at the three passed out demons, then smiled, this time there was a hint of evil intention in his glare as he said, "anyone got a bucket of strong glue or adhesive?"  Alexsi who was watching said, "uha... yea?"  She didn't know what to make of what she just saw, Lance then said, "may I borrow some of it?"  Alexsi walked into the bar, moments later she returned with a small bucket of workman's glue, Lance chuckled and said, "this will be fun.. for me."  Lance opened the container as he walked towards the demons.  He poured some of the glue into the demons hands and legs, after that he closed the container then sat the three up, folding their legs in the butterfly position, then placed the leader's hands over his mouth, the next one got his hands glued over his eyes and the third got his hands glued over his ears.  Lance walked away as he marveled at his work, "speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil."  Alexsi only chuckled as she imagined the resulting outcome of this antic.  Lance raised his hands and said, "everyone, shouldn't we be back inside and continuing what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted?"  Lance handed Alexsi the bucket of glue, said, "I thank you M'Lady for the use of your adhesive,"  then they walked back inside. 
   Lance was returning to his corner as Alexsi cough him and said, "how did you do that?"  Lance turned to her and said, "normal sound travels like a omni directional path, ultrasound can be focused like a flashlight or laser beam, the phial contained a mix of chemicals, herbs and sleep inducing materials in a concentrated mix designed once the glass breaks the mix catches aflame, burns fiercely for a few moments, vaporizing the mixture then extinguishes itself."  Alexsi looked at him and said, "I mean throw them outside like that."  Lance chuckled and said, "OH that.  Well... I have strong telekinetic abilities.  In fact, I can make it seem that my physical strength is magnified by using telekinesis when I move which is just one of my tricks."  Alexsi looked at him and said, "interesting."  Lance looked at the bar and said, "visual demonstrations are easier to understand that words.  Will you allow me the honor of offering my assistance to the lovely lady?"  Alexsi smiled and said, "sure." 
   He walked with Alexsi to the bar and said, "OK people, your going to get a bit of a show today. What will your orders be, no need to wait just tell me?"  Lance listened to the various orders as they were announced at once and said, "coming up."  He raised his hands, as various liquor bottles floated into the air, he then motioned his fingers a little, the liquor in the bottles started to snake out of the bottles as cups and ice made their way into the scene.  Ice deposited into the cups then followed by the liquids and necessary beverage decorations.  Lance continued to motion his fingers, ignoring the audience as he made a show of making numerous drinks at once, he then said, "money if you will, just raise it so that I can see it."  The customers brought up their money, as it started to levitate from their fingers, he then returned the correct change for everyone along with their drinks which literally floated into their hands.  Lance then said, "not bad for my first time serving drinks eh?"  Lance then said, "that was much easier than levitating hundreds of marbles and forming them into various patterns and shapes."  Lance took a deep breath in and said, "now if you don't mind, I think I shall return to my spot off to the side and wait for this Jyrras guy."  Alexsi replied, "if Jyrras doesn't hire you, I'll hire you, your talented."  Lance nodded then walked around the bar table and returned to his spot off to the side.
   Lance and AVA waited in silence, doing his best to avoid the others as much as he could.  He waited for what seemed like hours yet he barely moved five feet as he waited.  Lance then watched as someone started making a ruckus in the bar.  Alexsi looked mad at the offender then Lance saw something that really caught his eye.  A hammer started to form in her hand, with a single swing the offender was booted out of the bar thought the front door.  Lance could only say, "nice shot."  AVA floated over his shoulder not moving much as she waited with Lance. 
   Lance paid little attention to the denizens of the bar that was until he herd someone say, "...Jyrras"  Lance looked up and looked around, the ones he could remember was the kangaroo-rat he helped and Alexsi.  Lance looked at Alexsi and saw that she was the one who spoke up, as well as she was looking at the Kangaroo-rat.  AVA spoke up and said, "looks like your friend is Jyrras..."  She then kicked him on the side of his head and said, "for a psychic you seem to skip many important details."  Lance rubbed his head and said, "cool it AVA, we shall see what's going on soon enough."  Lance got up and walked over to Alexsi and said, "hellow M'Lady, I overheard you speaking of the name Jyrras?  Is that true?"  Lance had his cloak completely covering him at the time and looked more ominous than friendly.  Alexsi looked at Jyrras and said, "Jyrras this is Lance and he tells me he's looking for a job."  Lance looks at Jyrras, before Lance could say anything Jyrras speaks up and says, "We've met already, thanks for helping me out."  Lance looked at Jyrras and said, "don't mention it, I mean really don't mention it.  Helping you out was something I could do to waste some time." 
   AVA floated down to Jyrras and said, "don't mind his rudeness.  He's actually a nice guy who likes to hide it behind a outer shell of mean behavior and rudeness.  He also likes to show off and a flirt with the ladies, just ask Alexsi.  The name's AVA, tis a pleasure to meet you Jyrras."  She extended her hand then chuckled to herself and said, "I think I should switch frames for a proper greeting."  AVA floated backwards and then up a little.  A moment later her body was consumed in a bright light, the next moment a 5' 9" female human looking robot appeared.  Her eyes glowed with a light green hint, her skin looked as hard like armor and it seemed as if she was only wearing a white bathing suit but that was just part of her skin, her skin completion remained peach pink.  Her hair, a metallic platinum and shoulder hight.  AVA's face human looking but with no ears, her face has a geometric look to it but her expression was soft and kind.  AVA knelled down, extended her hand and said, "my name is AVA, I am... I guess you can call me a mechanical organism evolved from a simple AI program."  Jyrras was stunned for a moment as he shook AVA's hand and said, "...wait, if that's true then..."  AVA interrupted him and said, "the life creation laws do not say anything about evolving.  My program evolved, I was not created."  Jyrras looked at AVA with much interest, until she said, "Oh almost forgot, Lance needs a job and we found a note that said you were looking for a lab assistant.  If you will, will you hire Lance here and consider me as proof of his capabilities?"  Lance moved under his cloak for a moment then pulled out a printed web advertisement for lab assistants for Jyrras.  Lyrras thought for a moment looking at AVA and said, "well... you did help me out back there.  I guess it would be OK."  AVA smiled gleefully, hugged Jyrras who was more than uncomfortable from the act and she said, "sorry, this frame is designed around combat efficiency, Lance does not want me getting damaged so he built me this frame."  Jyrras looked at AVA for the longest trying to figure out how she switched frames.
   AVA then whispered in Jyrras's ear, "I have one more request.  Lance is to proud to ask you this but currently we do not have a place to stay.  Do you know of a place we can rest for a while until we can support ourselves?"  Jyrras thought for a moment and said to AVA, "well... you can stay with me for a little while, until you can support yourselves."  AVA seemed to jump for joy until she herd Lance speak up in a calm yet annoyed tone, "AVA what did you just say to him?"  She jumped up, smiled innocently and said, "nothing, he offered us a place to stay for a little while."  Lance looked at her, the look in his eye more annoyed than anything else and said, "I doubt he offered out of the kindness of his heart.  You asked him didn't you?"  AVA replied, "maybe I did maybe I did not.  Do not push it, he offered, just accept."  Lance sighed in defeat and said, "Jyrras, I'll accept your offer.  I shall find a way reimburse you for your troubles."  Jyrras spoke up, "It's no problem," he then looked at AVA and thought, 'that robot AVA... she's something else.'
   Jyrras showed AVA and Lance to his place and introduces them to Lorenda.  Lance looks her over for a moment, smiles and sayd, "It is a pleasure to meet you M'Lady," that moment he took her hand and kissed it.  AVA then whispered to Jyrras, "like I said he is a big flirt when it comes to nice ladies."  Lorenda blushed for a moment and said, "that's a nice greeting."  AVA then walked over to Lance picked him up and said as she carried him out of the room, "come on Casanova, no flirting with the ladies."  AVA carried Lance to the room Jyrras said they could use for the time being.

Day #2

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.